Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Soldier On
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:31 am 
Newcomer

Can i thank the born comedian at the Liverpool Philharmonic gig for ruining my night on Monday.Soldier On is probably one of Richard,s most poignant and musically beautiful songs and having recently lost my father and brother has become a source of strength and an emotional release for me.For those that weren,t there some wag set off a phone ringing causing Richard to halt the number and move onto another song in the set . Some people are just so inconsiderate but no doubt they,ll generate massive hits on You Tube !!!.Richard if you read this please don,t delete it from for your set list and thanks for the rest of the gig it was stunning. HAD TO GET THIS OFF MY CHEST !!!!

Post subject: Re: Soldier On
PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:36 pm 
Newcomer

Bloody hell, I'd have been devastated had that happened at Bristol.
I'm 48 years of age, have been gigging all my life, have seen most of the great punk and Indie bands since the late 70's, and thought I'd seen it all....yet I cried like a child from the start of this classic right to the end, it was an incredible experience, as if all the ghosts, all the demons that had haunted me over the years were being washed away in a beautiful wave of serenity.
So sorry to hear of this.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:41 am 
Newcomer

Thanks, feel the same.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:15 am 
Hawleytastic!

I was sorry not to hear the end of the song, but it was a very funny moment.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:19 am 
Newcomer

Think humour should be spontaneous not contrived , as the phone going obviously was.Ok lets move on * X

PostPosted: Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:39 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

God, it really wasn't that big a deal, was it? None of the band seemed to think so, and I have to admit I had a chuckle, as did 90% of the audience it seemed on the night. I would like to have heard soldier on myself, but at end of the day I've heard it several times before as I'm sure everyone on here has, and that moment of light humour is now just something unique from the gig to remember. There's worse things that happen at other artists gigs.. Fights, getting spat on, showered in piss, bands turning up late, not playing a full set. The rest of the gig was great, remember it fondly. Lighten up a bit codgers, there's worse things to stress over. I hope you enjoyed the rest of the night. Sending good vibes your way :D 8)