Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 11:05 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 4:48 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Great photos :D Don't think I've seen the red Gretsch before. Is that a recent addition?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 8:10 am 
Newcomer

Great show and proud that Liverpool welcomed Richard so well. Agree about the talking, a change from some other venues. Good to hear 'There's a Storm 'coming'. And the first minute of Soldier On of course.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:40 am 
Regular

I was so so so unbelievably gutted that some idiot had to spoil that for us by setting off a ringtone!!! I love Soldier On. The lapsteel on it is gorgeous!!! I'm On Nights was out of this world though!!!! Great Great Gig!!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 10:49 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Absolutely stunning concert last night. I missed hearing 'Soldier On' but the ringing phone just at that moment was hilarious. I'm not suprised Richard couldn't carry on with it - or return to it. The big question now is, will he ever be able to perform it again?!

I mentioned earlier in this thread that it was my husband's first RH concert. Verdict? He loved it! Now this is quite an achievement as this man has been raised on a strange mixed brew of Dave Brubeck and Captain Beefheart, washed down with liberal smatterings of Hapsash and His Coloured Coat and dollops of Karl Heinz Stockhausen.

But now he's a Richard Hawley fan. :Hoorah :Hoorah :Hoorah

Many thanks for a super evening, Richard. Looking forward to the next one <*>

If you think you're too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 7:37 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Great pics ic1960 and great reviews everyone - sounds like you all had a fab time - thank you.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:53 pm 
Newcomer

There was no 'Soldier On' in Hull so I can only assume that he thought it needs a break before coming back to it.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:35 pm 
The Boss

Been meaning to give it a rest for a while it only works if the audience it totally silent which is a big ask so the phone ringing was a good excuse the audiences are getting so much bigger which is great but the down side is the subtle stuff gets lost everyone would have to have their slippers on.....which would be funny I'm not in the slightest pissed off its just the way it goes,more people more noise

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:46 am 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
everyone would have to have their slippers on.....which would be funny

Palf - Jan H get onto this - I'm a size 11.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:16 am 
Hawleytastic!

The prickly scouser inside me (ooh err!) is urging me to defend the Philharmonic Hall audience. Reading some of the posts on here and on Twitter could leave someone thinking that the audience was unappreciative, ignorant, rude, etc. Far from it.

The phone ringing was unfortunate and its timing freakish and funny. Yes it was disappointing that 'Soldier On' was dropped in the circumstances...but also understandable. I thought RH and the band took it in their stride. No-one could blame them for cutting their losses and moving on rather than soldiering on. (I'll get my coat).

It certainly didn't taint the gig for me. In fact, I suspect I will reflect on it being the best Hawley gig I've attended to date - and my enjoyment of Richard and the band has taken me to contrasting venues across the UK from the awful Manchester Academy to the awesome Royal Albert Hall.

Hawley has even taken me 'up the arse' in Derbyshire twice. A dark, dank venue where Vodafone does not venture.

The Philharmonic is a wonderful, perfect arena to enjoy music, and I was delighted - proud even - that the audience rose to its feet in admiration and thanks at the end. Prickly scouser signing off. ..>

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 8:17 am 
Newcomer

Can i thank the born comedian at the Liverpool Philharmonic gig for ruining my night on Monday.Soldier On is probably one of Richard,s most poignant and musically beautiful songs and having recently lost my father and brother has become a source of strength and an emotional release for me.For those that weren,t there some wag set off a phone ringing causing Richard to halt the number and move onto another song in the set . Some people are just so inconsiderate but no doubt they,ll generate massive hits on You Tube !!!.Richard if you read this please don,t delete it from for your set list and thanks for the rest of the gig it was stunning. HAD TO GET THIS OFF MY CHEST !!!!

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 10:32 am 
Hawleytastic!

Liverpool is full of born comedians. That's what makes it such a top place. x

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:39 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

JohnnyNewEggs wrote:
The prickly scouser inside me (ooh err!) is urging me to defend the Philharmonic Hall audience. Reading some of the posts on here and on Twitter could leave someone thinking that the audience was unappreciative, ignorant, rude, etc. Far from it.

The phone ringing was unfortunate and its timing freakish and funny. Yes it was disappointing that 'Soldier On' was dropped in the circumstances...but also understandable. I thought RH and the band took it in their stride. No-one could blame them for cutting their losses and moving on rather than soldiering on. (I'll get my coat).

It certainly didn't taint the gig for me. In fact, I suspect I will reflect on it being the best Hawley gig I've attended to date - and my enjoyment of Richard and the band has taken me to contrasting venues across the UK from the awful Manchester Academy to the awesome Royal Albert Hall.

Hawley has even taken me 'up the arse' in Derbyshire twice. A dark, dank venue where Vodafone does not venture.

The Philharmonic is a wonderful, perfect arena to enjoy music, and I was delighted - proud even - that the audience rose to its feet in admiration and thanks at the end. Prickly scouser signing off. ..>

Well said, Johnny New Eggs. And so right! ..>

If you think you're too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:39 am 
Newcomer

I,d have gone to the Comedy Store if i,d have wanted to hear jokes !!!!!!!. X :)

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 3:10 pm 
The Boss

I loved the gig always do in Liverpool the audience were great whats the big deal?fuck knows what's been said on twatter I don't use it or give a shit......I just couldn't sing the song for laughing I thought it was funny......the end let it go as its already passed......next

PostPosted: Thu Feb 28, 2013 4:47 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
......the end let it go as its already passed......next

Gone. ..>

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next