Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:25 pm 
Newcomer

Anywhere in the U.S. More specifically, anywhere in Indiana (why do I live here?). Even more specifically, anywhere in Bloomington, Indiana. And if you want real specificity, how about playing at the Buskirk-Chumley Theatre, which is an old movie palace from the 1920s and holds around 600 people and has great acoustics!!!!

PostPosted: Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:47 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Buskirk-Chumley Theatre !!!! Sounds good to me!!!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:26 pm 
Newcomer

Hi

Saw Richard at the Electric Palace in Bridport - would love a return visit.

Also down this end of the country - Beautiful Days festival - not adverstised no corporate sponsorship but always sold out. Come along you'll love it. (*) <*>

Isle of Wight Festival :D

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:41 pm 
Hawley Groupie

Anywhere southeast Londoney way. Had the Troxy last February to look forward to. Kept the spirits up during January, its seeming endless already.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:45 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Anywhere - lynne your post reminded me that the last time was Liverpool almost a year ago...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:09 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Was that really a year ago Poppy Dog? I remember it well ... There was the ring tone incident ... :roll: And I left my ticket at home .... Len to the rescue! I like Hawley gigs at The Liverpool Phil

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 4:39 pm 
Hawley Groupie

There was a phone incident at the Troxy as well. Why are people that daft? Went to see patricia Hodge in a play in brighton last year. A ladies phone went off twice, and she let it ring! Everyone looked at her, she said "sorry, i dont know how to turn it off".

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 4:03 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

The Minack theatre, proper tiny venue, but a really dramatic setting, could do it one evening in June as the sun went down. Could play through a few rarities. Would be absolutely boss. 8)

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:39 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

I'd definitely come out of hiding for that one :D

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:01 pm 
The Boss

Me too

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 4:38 pm 
I need a life

i colud probably come by walk from italy and swimming through the english channel for that.....

went there in 2009...what an beautiful place....

PostPosted: Wed May 14, 2014 8:23 am 
Hawleytastic!

Came across this image of the Scala Ballroom Runcorn on Facebook.

Takes me back to first seeing Richard at Liverpool Philharmonic - whilst sitting there taking it in I imagined the band playing this kind of venue had they been around in the early 60's.

It was a regular venue for The Beatles and other Mersey Beat Bands - but nowadays is a ruin - may even have been demolished...

PostPosted: Tue Sep 29, 2015 9:52 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Well the Minack it is then Richard - my there's a feckin' echo around here :wink:

Couple of others that are really good

O2 in Boscombe ( Bournemouth) - I know it sounds like a shit hole but it's a proper old Victorian hall with domed ceiling and tight stage - it's standing only with a bar all the way down one side. Holds about 600 I'd say. Saw Robert Plant & the space shifters there a few months back

Cadogan Hall just off Sloane Square - if the Roundhouse is busy

Union Chapel Islington - another fab spot

Cheese & Grain in Frome Somerset is also a great rural cowshed that generates a superb atmosphere and you can have a dance if you want

The Daffodil in Cheltenham is an art-deco small old picture house, operates as a restaurant but has live music during Cheltenham Jazz Festival

The Komedia in Bath probably only holds 500 but is an atmospheric club-style venue

My "local" favourite is Portsmouth Guildhall - old fashioned concert hall with great acoustics. Seated in a horse-shoe balcony upstairs, and standing downstairs with a few tiered seats at the back. About 75 mins from home, good night out and can be back without being knackered for work next day. Going to see Bryan Ferry there on Thursday.

Further afield The Stone Pony in Asbury Park, NJ would be a belter

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 3:34 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

As I've probably mentioned before, the De Montfort Hall Leicester. Not that it's going to happen, because the miserable locals (before I was aware of Richard) gave him such a bad vibe that he vowed never to return! But it's a place of good memories for me, as I saw The Shadows there many times & I'd love to see Richard & the crew on that same stage. Folks with a proper ear tell me it has a good accoustic there, too.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:47 am 
The Boss

The Minnack is my dream gig,we looked into it on several occasions but for every solution there always seems to be a problem, the only way to make it work is not what I had in mind but I'll keep trying folks.....I'll keep trying

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next