Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 8:33 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:08 am 
I need a life

Richard Hawley wrote:
The Minnack is my dream gig,we looked into it on several occasions but for every solution there always seems to be a problem, the only way to make it work is not what I had in mind but I'll keep trying folks.....I'll keep trying

..> we are with you. and we will be there for you.
this dream definitely have to become real one day.... <*>

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:44 am 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
The Minnack is my dream gig,we looked into it on several occasions but for every solution there always seems to be a problem, the only way to make it work is not what I had in mind but I'll keep trying folks.....I'll keep trying

We just loved the Minack when we went this year – it's stunning. We're not really theatre-goers but we were spellbound by it. However, the weather was piss, wind and rain slamming off the sea into your face, a bit like being hosed down with a pressure washer! And that was July. I love the sea in a gale but I don't quite know how you'd do it and not get electrocuted! If you find a way, the first three weeks of the school holidays next summer would be ideal as we are a ten minute walk round the coast in the camper. x

PostPosted: Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:56 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

"We just loved the Minack when we went this year – it's stunning. We're not really theatre-goers but we were spellbound by it. However, the weather was piss, wind and rain slamming off the sea into your face, a bit like being hosed down with a pressure washer! And that was July. I love the sea in a gale but I don't quite know how you'd do it and not get electrocuted! If you find a way, the first three weeks of the school holidays next summer would be ideal as we are a ten minute walk round the coast in the camper. x"

Well Helen, give me pi$$ wind and rain anytime, as long as the boys are facing us and well protected and bangin out the tunes. It really is the most captivating setting and it's great to know Richard hasn't totally given up on the idea.
How the heck you would decide on who gets the tickets I have no idea it would be a real bunfight - probably fewer than the Devils Arse I suspect. From memory it's about 300.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:16 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Literally anywhere within the continental United States.

If I had my choice though, it would be this fabulous, beautiful new hall in Pilsen. Started by a friend of friends, a guy I knew bit back in the day, who has consistently and with immense fortitude championed great music in Chicago for many years now. He's got a whole situation going there, bought and rehabbed a gorgeous place and put in delicious food and drinks, which ably fills a need for a roughly 1000 person capacity midsize hall in town. Can be set up any which way you want as a combination of seated and standing. Sounds great, looks great, super down-to-earth and friendly people. Yep, this is the place.

Thalia Hall
http://thaliahallchicago.com/home/

http://soundfusemag.com/tag/pilsen/

http://www.chicagobusiness.com/article/ ... er-success

PostPosted: Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:29 am 
Hawleytastic!

A summer solstice show at the Roman ruins, Hardknott Pass, Cumbria?

http://www.livescience.com/49315-roman- ... e-sun.html

PostPosted: Sun Oct 25, 2015 3:36 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Would be fun getting the tour bus up there :shock: :wink:

PostPosted: Sun Nov 08, 2015 11:18 am 
Newcomer

I would like to see Richard play somewhere in Kent as I always have to travel 100 miles or more to see the band.Back in the 70's and 80's I saw loads of bands at the university in Canterbury and the Odeon, which is now the Marlow Theatre.either of these venues would be perfect for me and I'm sure hugely popular for the people of Kent who see so few live bands these days.
Philfinger

PostPosted: Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:47 pm 
Newcomer

In Spain at May on Festival Sos4.8 in the city of Murcia. Sun , nice city and good music ( your music too Mr. Hawley please ) , we´ll wait for you .

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 1:43 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I am off to the Minack in Cornwall next Wednesday evening to watch Show of Hands. OK they are a 3-piece folk band primarily, without as much amplification and kit as Richard would need, but it will be interesting. Could it be done by Richard and the boys, electrified but with limited lighting etc ? What would the ticket prices need to be, how accessible is it really for the crew ?
If it can be done in the Devils Arse, then there has to be a possibility at Minack in May/September.
All things to have a think about. Minack have a series of gigs running through May before their main theatre summer season gets underway.
Will take some pics and try and get them up here after.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 28, 2016 3:34 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Do this H and I will bring the rum and hot chocolate. xxx

PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2016 10:13 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Well it's been feckin warm down here in Cornwall this week, meaning that 3 hours at the Minack was a really pleasant experience yesterday evening watching Show of Hands. I have some photos to share when I can figure out how to put them up.
There are definite logistical issues getting a 5-piece band on here, but if folk want to bad enough it will happen. The worst of these is the potential for the elements to cause cancellation, but I had ten minutes with Phil Jackson (at his invitation) who manages the place and will get the info to Richard for his consideration if he does not already have it. The money is definitely NOT the issue at £30 a ticket ish

PostPosted: Fri Jul 15, 2016 10:35 am 
Hawleytastic!

I had the pleasure of attending a gig in Letterkenny, Co. Donegal a few years ago.

This place is just outside the town. It'd put Pink Floyd at Pompeii in the ha'penny place.

But back to reality. A guy in work was at The Pixies last night in Dublin's Iveagh Gardens. It sounds like a great venue. So nice that people were reluctant to stub out their fags on the grass.

Looking forward to it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 11:18 am 
Hawleytastic!

https://vimeo.com/55223072?ref=fb-share

Please, please, please in 2017 Richard. You'd love it there.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 12:11 pm 
The Boss

Well now be and Shez have done our two man shows I'm certain it's possible at the Minnack at least

PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2016 4:40 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
Well now be and Shez have done our two man shows I'm certain it's possible at the Minnack at least

You could come and play in my English Lit class for my 6th formers before I retire next summer too ;)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 82 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next