Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:07 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:30 am 
Hawleytastic!

Haven't seen Richard play for way too long, so absolutely bloody delighted that he's gonna be at Camp Bestival. I seriously cannot wait :D

I'm gonna be bashing out some rock and roll and skiffle with my own band there and if any Hawley Boarders are going, come and say hello. Always nice to meet up with you. Think its about 6.15pm on the Friday at the Pig's Big Ballroom where they also DJ old 78s and whatnot. And same place on Sat night much later.

Anyway sorry for plugging myself but would genuinely like to see some of you. xx

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:02 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Sorry to ask an awkward question - but are they paying you? We got asked to play there, but for no money, only for wristbands - and we said no, as it'd have left us out of pocket....hope they are looking after you!

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 2:16 pm 
Too much time on my hands

We'll be there :D Tickets for RH on Thursday at Bridport and staying in what looks like a nice hotel in Eyp. Then did a really stupid thing, Friday looks good, RH,I Am Kloot, Billy Bragg, John Cooper Clarke so we bought a tent :idea: . I must be some sort of knob, we didn't even do that for The teddy Boys Picnic :shock: , if it rains it will be all somebody elses fault, my back will be fucked within two hours of sleeping I just know it. I can feel a good weekend coming on.....and a barney :roll:

PostPosted: Tue Jul 30, 2013 4:47 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Have a really great time, RP. It looks an excellent line up (including you of course). Didn't book for this as we have just come back from our hols and needed to be in our own bed again for a bit.

Like you, Chumley, I will be sleeping in a tent for THREE nights at the Green Man festival in Wales later in August. A bloody tent. For three bloody nights. It makes me feel cold and gives me backache just thinking about it. The last time I camped I was in my mid-twenties. Another twenty years on and it really isn't appealing. I think my husband is going through a mid-life crisis and wants the full festival vibe. Give me the vibe with the music but please can I have a real bed and an en-suite?

PostPosted: Wed Jul 31, 2013 2:04 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Yay! Looking forward to seeing you all. Getting a little bit of cash and spare tickets. But not putting down that downpayment on that luxury yacht anytime soon!