Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:04 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2015 Tour
PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:33 pm 
I need a life

My sister who lives in Brussels were at the show yesterday night...i told her to buy the ticket to attend the gig....and yesterday night around 23.30 i recived so many great and happy messages from her about the night just ended at the Cirque Royale.. :D :D so thank you Richard! ..>

PostPosted: Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:57 pm 
The Boss

It was a good night but I felt a bit ill at the start of the tour I had to get a doctor out today and he said its not good,I did my best in Antwerp but really struggled I can only apologise to the lovely audience day off tomorrow lots of rest and we'll see

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:27 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Whoa. Throw all the vitamin C you can get your hands on down your gullet, and eat the shit out of some protein. I am totally a doctor. Feel better, friendo. ..>

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:30 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Aawww, get well soon, just don't overdo it and make yourself worse. Xx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:44 am 
The Boss

Tour bus life is grim at the best of times even when I was 20 but a freezing cold bunk at 48 is not a good thing to deal with,it'll be over by Christmas.....they said that about WW1...... :shock:

Although all this aside we are all having the BEST time on stage I personally haven't enjoyed at tour this much....erm let me think??? :eh?

EVER.....me and the lads and crew are playing so well together,I'm relaxed and vibing but just got a chest infection that's really nasty it'll be reyt....the worry is the Doc said it could be pneumonia which I want to avoid that shit like the plague....I so want to have a happy Christmas that's all

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:53 am 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
Tour bus life is grim at the best of times even when I was 20 but a freezing cold bunk at 48 is not a good thing to deal with,it'll be over by Christmas.....they said that about WW1...... :shock:

Although all this aside we are all having the BEST time on stage I personally haven't enjoyed at tour this much....erm let me think??? :eh?

EVER.....me and the lads and crew are playing so well together,I'm relaxed and vibing but just got a chest infection that's really nasty it'll be reyt....the worry is the Doc said it could be pneumonia which I want to avoid that shit like the plague....I so want to have a happy Christmas that's all

When I came down with the lurgy at Kilkenny Roots Festival in 2010, we had five gigs in three days and my voice packed in after the first gig. Went to Super Quinn and bought a bottle of brandy which I gargled before each subsequent gig. Couldn't hit any high notes, but I got through (I can't hit high notes anyway, so no difference really)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:09 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Richard Hawley wrote:

This post should come with trigger warnings for bossy/sisterly/nurse-y people like me who love to dispense advice. I hope this isn't patronizing or otherwise insulting, because obviously you've never been sick before in your life and don't have anyone to take care of you or anything. :roll: But just remember to drink like a fish (sigh...no), cough as much as you can, work in a steam treatment, elevate your head, rock some hot toddies (hell yeah brandy), don't do fuck all, and something something smoky treats, dunno, can't remember, la la la words, nothing :wink: And somewhere in all of that you're supposed to sleep, I guess? Ugh, being sick is hard work. :(

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 7:09 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

3 to go Richard, keep smiling. My suggestion would be get in a hotel for the last three. The record company can afford it...... :shock:
I'm off to Florida tomorrow and it'll be time for Christmas when I get home on 4th - have a good one and a good rest.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 9:34 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

You should seriously think about postponing if this is suspected pneumonia........I am sure nobody would want you to struggle on and make things worse, you may be the star but you are human and these things happen. Only yesterday in Sheff a gig by The Fratellis was postponed due to band illness, so other people do it you know.....

Just take care, it seems you are prone to these chest complaints so you should be in a proper bed and looking after yourself, we know you are a bit of a trooper not wanting to let people down but you should come first, I am sure your record company/tour people could sort something out for you, and at the very least can afford to buy you an extra warm quilt and a few blankets.

Xx

PostPosted: Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:19 pm 
Hawleytastic!

So, I'm having lunch with my friend who is a nurse practitioner. She says two days in bed, sleeping. If no better, see a doctor and get a chest x-ray. Antibiotics should sort you out. Brandy won't help and definitely NO FAGS! Get well soon, do as you are told... don't make us come over there... xx

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:08 pm 
Newcomer

Mr. Hawley : beware you , i wish you be better and cure pneumonia, w´ill hear your songs and think for you be better and cured. Thanks for your music .

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 4:19 pm 
Site Admin

Jagermeister... a good cough bottle... vodka shots between songs and plenty of vitamin c (satsumas) and never mind the codswallop above they all just want to give you a bed bath. <*>

For where you can't go
Mustang horses, champagne glasses
Anything frail anything wild
It's the price of living motion, what's beautiful is broken
And grace is just the measure of a fall.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 6:12 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Eoin wrote:
Jagermeister... a good cough bottle... vodka shots between songs and plenty of vitamin c (satsumas) and never mind the codswallop above they all just want to give you a bed bath. <*>

Washed enough boys arses to last a lifetime, thanks. Keep your nursey fetishes to yourself, mucky boy. X

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 8:16 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Eoin wrote:

Mmmmmaaaybe.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 23, 2015 9:04 pm 
Site Admin

helenwatson wrote:
Eoin wrote:

Washed enough boys arses to last a lifetime, thanks. Keep your nursey fetishes to yourself, mucky boy. X

Hey.. im commenting on what im reading... dont drag me into your perversions.. as for mucky arses id imagine you have some way to go before you are finished with that and the rest of your fetishes... x

For where you can't go
Mustang horses, champagne glasses
Anything frail anything wild
It's the price of living motion, what's beautiful is broken
And grace is just the measure of a fall.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next