Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:00 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2015 Tour
PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:33 pm 
Newcomer

I had a great time last night at The Roundhouse. I was middle of the stage about 3/4 people back. I thought I spotted a few of you guys but didn't have the nerve to to approach any of you!

Great setlist, a lot of variety. The only one missing for me was Lady Solitude as I absolutely love the opening at the beginning when it's played live.

As others have mentioned, probably the loudest RH gig I've been to, which was great! :D

Cheers,

Alex.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 12:43 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Hey Lofty if you are going tortoise if you start walking now you might get to Manchester by 24th February :shock:
take care bud

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 1:59 pm 
Too much time on my hands

(That's another thing against the arena. No proper bar to relax in - just a nasty football type kiosk. Or if there was a bar I didn't find it.)

Enough! That really is my last word on the subject. The definite end. I think...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 2:56 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Yet again, another brilliant gig last night at The Roundhouse - loved them all, but really loved 'Don't Stare at the Sun' and 'What Love Means', oh and, really, really, really, loved 'Standing at the Sky's Edge' and 'Storm'. London stood still and stood respectfully silent for one minute which was a lovely touch followed by a rousing 'Heart of Oak' (which I also loved). The evening was perfect - thank you.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:36 pm 
Regular

Looking forward to Manchester again in Feb. I think the piss stones are less of a route March than at Albert's Hallio. Was buying tickets online the day after the Albert Hall gig when our son stepped in and bought them for us for Christmas. When we looked he had upgraded to quality seats near the front. What a Christmas pressie.
Again thank you so much Mr H for a wonderful night last week. Loved it. Would be great to see you up at Alston next summer at a great little festival. Allendale beer and Richard Hawleys music chilling out a North Pennine summer evening. Just bliss.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:59 pm 
Newcomer

Really enjoyed the show at the Roundhouse last night, noticed a few observations of how loud it was which I agree with, but it was a fantastic sound. I have walked out of a "Specials" show at the Roundhouse before because it was so loud it was massively distorted, but this just perfect. Off to see Pete Williams tomorrow, the other band that Shez and Dean played with earlier in the year. Look forward to Hammersmith in the Spring.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 1:19 am 
Hawleytastic!

Bit late but that was a cracking night at the Roundhouse. Right up at the front with Denise (the other one!) and Julie. Best place to be as it stops me getting arsey with any tall folks who dare to stand in front of me. Loved the set list - great mix of old and new. Looking forward to Hammersmith next year.

Oh and a little mention for the support - enjoyed Dancing Years and absolutely loved Meilyr Jones - very talented young man and what a sweetie.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 5:31 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Egg wrote:
Take care Lofty......maybe the "tortoise" will be out in the spring. :wink:

Indeed, if I can scrub my name off my shell <*>

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 6:45 am 
The Boss

Well that's it,just got in the door totally knackered but happy the tour went really well ,fab audiences every night I couldn't ask for more,thanks to all who came and saw the shows ..>I'm off to sleep for a long long while

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:31 am 
Hawleytastic!

Lou wrote:
(That's another thing against the arena. No proper bar to relax in - just a nasty football type kiosk. Or if there was a bar I didn't find it.)

Enough! That really is my last word on the subject. The definite end. I think...

Keep up the good work!

Arenas are not my favourite type of venue...I'm trying to recall a new building that is not Arena like but is still welcoming...could only come up with Bridgewater Hall Manchester [which a lot of locals do not care for] and have determined that a place has to have age to have character [discuss using 1500 words]...I think the cusp between modern concrete palace and beautiful venue is about 60 / 65 years of age [Royal Festival Hall London perhaps?]...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 9:55 am 
I need a life

originally posted in the wrong thread (2016 tour) :*:

Back home again. Really fantastic night at the Roundhouse, superb sound, great setlist (loved coles corner) and the band was on fire. Thank you richard for another beautiful night i will never forget.
glad to have seen some of you there... Hope for another one in the future... ..>

....wonderful times as always...

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:28 pm 
Site Admin

former pink lady wrote:
Bit late but that was a cracking night at the Roundhouse. Right up at the front with Denise (the other one!) and Julie. Best place to be as it stops me getting arsey with any tall folks who dare to stand in front of me. Loved the set list - great mix of old and new. Looking forward to Hammersmith next year.

Oh and a little mention for the support - enjoyed Dancing Years and absolutely loved Meilyr Jones - very talented young man and what a sweetie.

Meilyr from today's Guardian web site

http://www.theguardian.com/music/musicb ... b-gdnmusic

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:35 pm 
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:39 pm 
Site Admin

The entire Sheffield gig (audio only and is the same recording as on DimeaDozen).

PostPosted: Tue Nov 10, 2015 2:53 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Didn't realise Meilyr Jones was previously in Race Horses - saw them quite a few years ago on another steel stage - the small room at The Leadmill - supporting The Villagers on a packed, hot and sweaty night. They were startlingly different even then. Was seated too far away last Friday to recognise him though.

Looking forward to listening to that live recording from the Arena, Denise - thank you.

Must admit, I reluctantly bought a ticket for the Arena and, after the show at Holmfirth, wasn't looking forward to that barn of a venue, but thought it allowed RH and the guys to ramp things up to another level and had a great night.

Sorry you couldn't make it, lofty, but you made the best decision for you - Friday afternoon traffic is a nightmare wherever you go. Hope to see you next year some time, perhaps?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21  Next