Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:06 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next
 Post subject: Re: 2016 Tour
PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 10:52 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Friday night was fantastic in the Iveagh Gardens. The weather was great, no rain. Richard and the lads were in great form. The sound was spot on. Sometimes outdoor gigs soundwise can be tricky but you could here everything perfectly. Richards singing was perfect. The voice was pure and clear. The sound from Richards guitars shimmered in the summers night. He opened with which way,then straight into tonight the streets are ours. They just get better and better every time I see them. They finished with coles corner and the ocean. It was the first time I was ever at a gig in the Iveagh Gardens. What a great venue. Thanks for a fantastic evening Richard. ..> ..> ..>

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 12:12 pm 
The Boss

Ah bless you sir and thanks for the positive vibes we loved it I've been blessed with working with great great musicians and crew they are all top drawer in their fields of expertise and experience and like I say in tonight the streets are ours"I couldn't be without you,and the light that shines around you"I couldn't do it on my own and my band and crew deserve massive respect....we played our last festival of the year last night at the Deer shed,everyone was wrecked after Dublin but they made it happen....I'm actually really enjoying it all.....at bloody last ..>

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 6:52 pm 
Hawleytastic!

carlh wrote:
Friday night was fantastic in the Iveagh Gardens. The weather was great, no rain. Richard and the lads were in great form. The sound was spot on. Sometimes outdoor gigs soundwise can be tricky but you could here everything perfectly. Richards singing was perfect. The voice was pure and clear. The sound from Richards guitars shimmered in the summers night. He opened with which way,then straight into tonight the streets are ours. They just get better and better every time I see them. They finished with coles corner and the ocean. It was the first time I was ever at a gig in the Iveagh Gardens. What a great venue. Thanks for a fantastic evening Richard. ..> ..> ..>

Seconded - the chatter from the crowd on the way out, on the way back to my hotel was hugely positive. That was a good 'un!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 8:54 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Thirded. Didn't spot you there Nick but saw your pics on Facebook. Great show. Wilko was on form too. Hope the park is back open though, this dog needs a good walk tomorrow

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:28 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Alan Noir wrote:
Looking forward to it. Iveagh gardens is one of my favourite places in Dublin. (I walk my dog there as i live round the corner.)

Carl, a few of us are going to devitt's or anseo on camden st before hand if you're around. Or anyone else for that matter. Will update tomorrow. pm me your number

Ahhhh....we went to Devitt's post gig..for a quick pint...in fact from the list of pubs provided pre trip we only visited about five...although one of them [Devitt's] was visited about four or five times...

Was a great night...after an hour covering efsb's back :wink: ...front row by Shez [we didn't want to put Richard off...though tried] we withdrew to the beer tent area at about 10.10 only to find a sign saying it had closed at 10.00...the security guy said 'take no notice of that it's open for a few more minutes'...three pints and half an hour later the bar was closed....and we went to Devitt's...and stood next to a cool looking guy with the black leather jacket jeans black boots and a perfect quiff that was probably you...OK maybe not unless you were with a guy wearing a flat cap and white t shirt about 5' 8" 160 lb...

PostPosted: Sun Jul 24, 2016 11:36 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
...everyone was wrecked after Dublin but they made it happen....I'm actually really enjoying it all.....at bloody last ..>

Super guitar tech up and ready for a early flight from Dublin at about 09.00...we have our sources [efsb ..> ] - meanwhile I have some shirts that need ironing...

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:16 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Wasnt me Im afraid. My quiff days are over. Should change that avatar really

PostPosted: Mon Jul 25, 2016 3:34 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Alan Noir wrote:
Wasnt me Im afraid. My quiff days are over. Should change that avatar really

My avatar isn't me but for some strange reason I am starting to look like it....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 11:21 am 
Site Admin

Bexhill on Sea 3 December

http://purchase.tickets.com/buy/TicketP ... id=8290537

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 3:01 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Manchester Band on the Wall 16th December - "Richard Hawley presents Disgraceland".

I've bought a ticket, but I've no idea what to expect!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 29, 2016 4:10 pm 
Hawleytastic!

efsb wrote:
I've bought a ticket, but I've no idea what to expect!

Gordon in an elf rig out for starters - everbody else following a panto theme...now who should be the Dame?

Well that's what I'm hoping for - John Trier selling kisses at a kissing booth is Samantha's Chrimbo wish...

Jeeez I'm a dick sometimes...

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 11:30 am 
The Boss

It's a night of choons,me djaying wi our Lee don't expect aga fookin do....bring your dancing shoes and an open mind

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 12:55 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Excellent! End of term shenanigans!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 1:33 pm 
The Boss

Exactly it's a party of sorts it'll be a good laugh assuming you don't mind rockabilly,early R&B,soul,garage rock,psychedelia and mad shit at full throttle...!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2016 6:14 pm 
Hawleytastic!

So, the De Le Warr Pavillion thing is quite tempting. It is one of my fave buildings in the universe; a really good friend lives up the road and it is on my birthday, rather a landmark one, 40 ten. And I am having a big party the following weekend so it would be quite nice to actually do something on the day. The question is, as its my birthday, would one play the Chi Lites? X

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 231 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14 ... 16  Next