Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 3:51 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2016 2:04 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
No plans as yet I'm afraid

If you need a warm-up, then Biddulph up in Arms will look after you. Small room holding 100, or town hall holding 300. http://www.biddulphupinarms.com - Craig is the promoter (aren't they all called Craig?) His phone number's on the site.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2016 4:10 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Do here and I'll organise.

Wilton's Music Hall in Wapping, former rag warehouse and home of the London dockers' strike organising committee.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:24 am 
Newcomer

Hi there !
I plan to go see Richard at Bexhill on Sea (and/or maybe Sheffield) in December. Do you know if these gigs are also acoustic gigs like the ones due in September ?

Thanks guys !

Best,

Matthieu

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2016 11:35 pm 
The Boss

City hall and Bexhill full band hope that helps

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:48 am 
Newcomer

Thanks Richard !

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 12:46 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

About this time last week I'd just arrived back home from the Northern Skies Festival. I couldn't make the York acoustic date, but this was a great alternative - just Richard, Shez and Shez's phone drum machine. It was easy to get to, parking was free, in a lovely theatre with a small but appreciative audience (as someone commented "there aren't many of you, but you make a real racket"). Really laid back atmosphere - there was a small standing area in front of raised seating but you could have probably strolled up and stood at the barrier at any point during the night.

The set list was the same as for Shetland up to Lady Solitude, with Long Time Down as the encore, including a lovely surprise of Clive Mellor on harmonica.

It was great to see a very mixed audience of all ages including a dad standing at the barrier holding his young daughter - hope she grows up to remember the night she saw Mr H and heard that gorgeous music while snuggled in the arms of her dad.

Great support slots from John Smith and Ben Ottewell too.

Really looking forward now to the 3 ring circus event (Upper Chapel venue) and then the City Hall date. Seems like I went from no RH gigs on the horizon to virtually one every month!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:48 am 
Hawleytastic!

noblebones wrote:
Really looking forward now to the 3 ring circus event (Upper Chapel venue) and then the City Hall date. Seems like I went from no RH gigs on the horizon to virtually one every month!

Same here - well apart from the City Hall date...though that may change...

We shall have to sort out a pre or post [or both] meet up pub for everyone before the 3 ring circus do...I nominate The Brewhouse on the basis that it's in the middle of Upper Chapel and Artspace - 5 min to each...but a 20 min walk to the Drama Studio...

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 12:44 pm 
The Boss

Hi folks

To alleviate a little confusion with the York gig we are on stage at 9pm doors are at 7.30pm the support artist is on around 8

Thanks

Richard

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:37 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Daniel Lucas - Boss Caine - is the support act. Get there early to see him - he's good!

PostPosted: Sat Sep 17, 2016 1:14 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Nice show last night in Newcastle, Richard & Shez on top form as usual. Have a blast tonight in York if you're going. :Hoorah

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 2:13 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Boss night was had at York, personal highlight was Lady Solitude, what a great version, wish I could hear it again! Was also extremely nice of Shez and Col to talk to me and another girl I got chatting to for a few minutes early doors (if you're reading this, hi Sophie!), was a bit scared to go over in case they were funny (don't meet your heroes and all that), but properly nice fellas. Made my day shaking Shez's hand, who knew he's secretly a bit posh as well! :*: 8)

Are you recording any of these shows Mr. H? Would be worth a release, even if it was only a download, would be loads of acoustic stuff that wasn't on 'Live at iTunes' that people would like to hear. Thanks for the show anyway, it was great!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 11:35 am 
Hawley Groupie

After (unbelievably) being unable to sell my tickets I decided to make the trip across last night despite a tough couple of weeks of work being topped by a CQC inspection tomorrow. Really glad we made the effort :D

Great gig, great sound, great crowd, eye blistering backdrop... Even got a nice Thai meal just round the corner from Fibbers.

I made my usual sneaky audience recording and it seems to have come out rather nicely. The previous comment here got me thinking though - if it passes muster perhaps the recording could be uploaded somewhere to generate a little bit of money for a charity?

These things usually get about 100 downloads - £1 a time could be a small but welcome bonus for a worthy cause.

Just thinking out loud...

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:57 pm 
Hawleytastic!

All my photos from Fibber's can be found HERE

Here's a few:

PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 8:20 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

I haven't been on here for yonks but I plan to put that right as of now.
Fab night last night. Just a great show and it was brilliant to see Clive on stage too. Roll on City Hall in December!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 5:01 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Looks and sounds lovely. And my offer to sort out something south of Watford still stands... xx

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next