06- Chicago- the Abbey
07- Minneapolis- 400 Bar

10- Seattle - Crocodile Cafe

12- San Francisco- Cafe du Nord
13- Los Angeles - Troubadour-

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:38 am 
Hawleytastic!

Lots of press interest and stuff going on in blogs about this US tour - lets hope its a runaway success.........

Quote from one of the blogs which sums it all up - Richard is truly fantastic musician, one that needs to be seen live

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 10:40 am 
Hawleytastic!

Another blog.............

I have to say I’m quite excited about this little tidbit! Richard Hawley is the man, and he’s finally touching down in North America.

If you aren’t familiar with his work, he’s played guitar for Pulp, Scott Walker, Nancy Sinatra, Beth Orton, and most recently, on Jarvis Cocker’s solo album. That’s a resume you simply can’t ignore.

His personal singing style has drawn frequent comparisons to musical giants like Ray Orbison, Morrissey and even Elvis. And while he does clearly draw a great deal of influence from the greats of rockabilly, classic country, and even 50’s pop, he’s no copycat, and has a style all his own. In fact, there are times you might imagine you’re listening to a Pulp or Scott Walker record while listening to Lady’s Bridge, but then Richard’s powerful vocals kick in, and you realize you’re listening to something unique.

The best thing about Hawley is he posesses a voice that seems so much more experienced than it would seem it should. At just 40 years old, Richard sounds as though he’s already lived a lifetime of heartbreak, regret, passion and unbridled joy. It’s the sort of voice that you hear for the first time and swear you’ve heard before. There’s a very warm familiarity to him, and it’s just as welcome as an old friend coming to visit.

His latest record has been out since Oct 2 on Mute, and it’s a purchase you won’t regret.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 2:45 pm 
Too much time on my hands

And a loving post from Tripwire (indie music industry):
http://www.thetripwire.com/news/2007/10 ... th-america

~ K

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 5:09 pm 
Hawleytastic!

http://www.pluginmusic.com/news/archive.php?id=2327

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 7:01 pm 

I sent a pitch to National Public Radio's Weekend Edition to do a piece on him and have been ceaselessly hounding KFOG to play him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:08 pm 
I need a life

Richard, you should try to get on Nic Harcourt's "Morning Becomes Eclectic" program in LA, on KCRW. I think your music would fit his program perfectly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:11 pm 
Site Admin

I agree, Cousteau did three sessions with him and we do manage to get their music played on Nic's show regularly. A Hawley session on there would be brilliant.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:13 pm 
I need a life

Dawoodcock wrote:
I agree, Cousteau did three sessions with him and we do manage to get their music played on Nic's show regularly. A Hawley session on there would be brilliant.

I've sent an e-mail to his producer Ariana Morgenstern.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 30, 2007 8:17 pm 

KFOG routinely supports shows at the venue Richard will be at in SF and on their morning show - one of the best and least immature in the area - they regularly have artists who are playing in the area. Their listenership covers the whole Bay Area and beyond. Would be worth trying to get on.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:03 pm 
Newcomer

The Minneapolis/St. Paul public radio station 89.3 The Current (The best station ever) has been doing a great job of airing multiple tracks of Lady's Bridge. They have been playing Streets, Serious and Looking for someone......I live in St. Paul and I just sent them an detailed email of the show at the 400 bar and I am sure they would no doubt love to have Richard on the air when he comes to the Twin Cities if Richard has time. I am still in shock of the announcement and will be spreading the word in a serious (No Pun) way......... : )

Cheers mates,

Chuck Halverson

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 11:15 pm 
The Boss

nice one Chuck its all good news,good to hear they are playing the music i would hate to come all that way and no one turn up to the shows

Post subject: St. Paul/Minneapolis
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2007 5:59 pm 
Newcomer

Richard,

I am not sure exactly how things are done, but here is the link to the public radio station The Current:

http://minnesota.publicradio.org/radio/ ... e_current/

As you can see, they play everything that is today and noteworthy. I am not sure how Mute does things or if it is the management that the artist is under, that contacts the station. Just a thought..... Artists have performed also the day after the show....

I'll be spreading the word to as many as I can and hope to buy you a pint...

Cheers,

Chuck

Post subject: Staring at road signs...
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 5:04 am 
Newcomer

Hi there,

Just bought tickets for the Toronto show. I must admit I was a little disappointed Richard wasn't coming to Montreal at first, but decided to make the 5 hour car ride to Toronto anyway. I just can't miss this one. 8)

See you in a month, Richard...and hope you come see us in Montreal on your next tour.

Christian

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 2:56 pm 
The Boss

i have family in Montreal and they were pissed off but i can't play everywhere i got a family and i got to think of them too and the states and Canada is fucking massive,i have toured over the years all over both countries and it nearly killed me and will not go through that for anyone.......sorry pal