Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:19 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:13 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Did anybody notice any merchandise for the gig? I arrived fairly early on (7.30pm) but couldn't see anything on sale. Wanted to get me a bottle Hendo's.

Perhaps there be some stuff at the Albert Hall gig?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:17 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Yes - it was on sale in a cubby hole at the back of the venue - behind the bar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:23 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Jan H wrote:
Yes - it was on sale in a cubby hole at the back of the venue - behind the bar

It was more like a dog kennel................. and I still can't believe how much the notice said that they were charging for the space :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:59 pm 
Hawleytastic!

While I was stuck on my plane, trying not to be distracted by Pete Doherty's hat, I napped a free copy of the Evening Standard and found this review:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/music/gig-23374909-details/NME+Awards+Show%3A+Richard+Hawley%2C+Maps%2C+Vincent+Vincent+And+The+Villains/gigReview.do?reviewId=23437357

Hilarious! Mr Hawley has 'no stage presence' ... this coming from a reviewer who obviously wasn't listening because the only reference to the music was to the Coles Corner album (1st track). Should have given me the ticket, 'cos I reckon even I could write something better :*:

Anyhow, waiting to see how long it takes the Baroness to start firing off 'Caustic from Colchester' emails to the reviewer. :*: :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:08 pm 
Site Admin

Baroness and I fired off our comments yesterday - there was already one comment on the site but I notice today there are no comments whatsoever so I suspect a lot of attendees at the gig have voiced their opinion that the stage presence does exist and the Evening Standard have decided their reviewer's opinion is the only one that counts.

But to be honest I suspect anyone logging on to their site to read the review will have been at the gig and will have formed their own opinon anyway.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:28 pm 
Hawleytastic!

catsandbooks wrote:
Anyhow, waiting to see how long it takes the Baroness to start firing off 'Caustic from Colchester' emails to the reviewer. :*: :*:

It took me less than 5 minutes....... but I'm from Chelmsford! :*:

I was disgusted with the review actually - as usual Richard had a good rapport with the audience, it is the reviewer that doesn't recognise stage presence, charisma, rapport, charm and professionalism and it was our request to the security guy that got the drunken heckler moved to the side as he was disturbing everybody! Nothing to do with "Sheffield Steel", as he put it, at all!

I didn't post it on here as I don't like posting the negative ones in case Richard sees them (and yes I know he's all grown up and that but its just not nice!).

I checked back later last night and as Denise says neither of our comments have appeared. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:50 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

catsandbooks wrote:
While I was stuck on my plane, trying not to be distracted by Pete Doherty's hat, I napped a free copy of the Evening Standard and found this review:

http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/music/gig-23374909-details/NME+Awards+Show%3A+Richard+Hawley%2C+Maps%2C+Vincent+Vincent+And+The+Villains/gigReview.do?reviewId=23437357

Hilarious! Mr Hawley has 'no stage presence' ... this coming from a reviewer who obviously wasn't listening because the only reference to the music was to the Coles Corner album (1st track). Should have given me the ticket, 'cos I reckon even I could write something better :*:

It's the start of the Hawley backlash. He's becoming hugely successful, getting Brit nominations and playing the Royal Albert Hall. This is England and he must be put back in his place.

It's one of the worst reviews I've ever read and I'm sure that anybody who has seen Richard will just shrug and laugh.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:52 pm 
The Boss

ignore it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:56 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Richard Hawley wrote:
ignore it

Alright then... But only cos you told me to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:12 pm 
The Boss

his point it pointless i am not going to change just to please some London cock end who probably talked all the way through the gig i am not interested in anything the knob end has to say i know when we play well and we played well.....the end..........next

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:36 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

Roll on York!!!! I CAN'T WAIT!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 7:45 pm 
Hawleytastic!

A bad review, if fairly and constructively written, is justifiable but that is just badly written rubbish. no stage presence?! what does he want richard to do? climb the speaker stacks? set his guitar on fire after playing it with his teeth? drop his pants and show his arse like angus young (ac/dc)?

i can't be doing with this tall poppy syndrome. why can't we celebrate talent, nuture it, promote it, instead of this 'you're too big for boots now' bollocks? :evil:

Post subject: wow!
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:27 pm 
Regular

Well, what can I say? It was fab. Flew over from Utrecht, Netherlands to see the man and band play. And it was worth it! Today I drove from Utrecht to Brussels and listenend (and sort sang-a-long) with Lady's Bridge.
My favourite? Dunno but The Ocean was a absolute climax. Still recovering from it. The Sea Calls.....I love that song.
Anyway, just read RH is also playing the RAH so...spending money again cos I wanna be there. At least one cloggie in the audience that night ;)
Cheers, Richard and band.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:35 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Do as the man himself says - ignore it. The gig was fanatstic. The people who paid for tickets enjoyed it and came out smiling. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:37 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Hey the Evening Standard have printed my comments so perhaps its just a bit slow........

I don't think this "reviewer" was at the same gig! No charisma? Richard had the audience in the palm of his hand and I quite agree with Marian - he IS himself and naturally gifted. He doesn't need "polishing"!

It was a great gig and a great crowd despite the drunken heckler who, I might add, the audience around him (including myself) requested be moved as he was spoiling things rambling on in a loud voice while we were trying to listen.

I have seen countless artists on stage and Richard Hawley and his band beat all of them hands down with musical talent and entertainment.

I think I was quite polite although I didn't feel polite! :*:

Hopefully they will put Denise's comments on soon............ :*:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next