Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 7:29 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:07 pm 
Newcomer

Is there a better way of enjoying Valentine's Night other than spending a couple of hours in the company of Mr. H in the wonderfully intimate Roisin Dubh ???

Can't wait for it - can you tell ???

:D

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:43 pm 
Scone hoarding gobshite

shannonman wrote:
Is there a better way of enjoying Valentine's Night other than spending a couple of hours in the company of Mr. H in the wonderfully intimate Roisin Dubh ???

i could think of one or two other things :wink: but not many! :D

Post subject: galway gig
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:09 am 
Regular poster

any tickets still going a begging for galway gig. :*: :shock:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:17 pm 
Too much time on my hands

shannonman wrote:

Can't wait for it - can you tell ???

Ooh, I am jealous! Enjoy! xx

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 3:08 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I can't think of anything I'd rather do but stand in front of the stage and experience the magic again...........

But I'll have to make do with watching Gene Hunt in Ashes to Ashes instead.......... :? :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:40 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Oh, that sounds so lovely! Seeing him on December 1, with all the Christmas stuff all around, made it extra special for me.

Spending Valentine night here, with I'm Looking For Someone To Find Me on repeat.

~ Karen

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:59 am 
Newcomer

What a wonderful night. I was really loking forward to this gig and Mr H you did not disappoint.

Highlights were - The Darkness / Lonesome Town (awesome harmonica by your mate) / and then to finish with The Ocean !!!

As my wife said "I never seen a crowd so in awe" and they were.

Hope you enjoyed your fish supper in McDonagh's and tipped the waitress well (she's my sister).

Finally cudos to Vincent & The Villans - will definitley be checking them out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 5:48 pm 
The Boss

your sister was very nice our tour manager Dempo met her after the gig we will be going back there next time we come to galway,what a lovely place i will deffo be coming back soon many thanks for the kindness of your words

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 6:07 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Incredible gig. I wish I could go again tonight in Vicar Street.

Loved the encores, the unexpected "Something Is", just a great, great gig

Y'all come back now

Y'hear?

Last edited by johnny on Thu Jun 24, 2010 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 11:57 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

now then now then - prepare for the tales of Vicar Street tonight. Think its one of the fave venues. Cant wait to read the write-ups. Just havin a good dose of Coles Corner now after several nice beers* and some fish and chips. Great way to end a stressful week.
Safe travelling for the remainder of the tour everyone drivers, crew and the band.
Back soon...........never in doubt !

in order of consumption Spitfire, Oxford Gold, Ringwood Fortyniner, Waddies 6X and encore Spitfire.... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:55 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Just back from a week in Galway [near Athenry] that included a night out to the Roisin Dubh last Thursday.

Great to see Richard and Co in a bar / club with a decent stage and PA. The last time I saw a show in an 'initimate' venue the stage was so low that no one apart from those within three foot of the stage / or over 7' tall got a decent look in.

The entrance of the band was 'grand' - ie] in through the fire exit and a hop [or were there some steps] on to the stage. The welcome an eleven on a scale of one to ten.

Best night out for ages - even though some folks pay good money to see a band then spend all night yabbering to each other - Richard was obviously in good humour and the band were feeding off the banter from the crowd - the talking got a bit much mid way - so an instruction to folks to shut up from 'front and centre' was welcomed - would have probably been welcomed more if 'yer feckin bastid' was added to the statement...

Nice to see Shaun and Bez and Stephen Hawking were in atendance - just goes to show the broad appeal of all things Hawley.

Johnny - neat pix - got any more? I was the other side to you looking up the noses of Colin and Richard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:28 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I was standing beside the...er..'enthusisatic' Northhampton guys..moshing to Hawley was a new one on me

Heres some more pics

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:44 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Poppy Dog wrote:
Best night out for ages - even though some folks pay good money to see a band then spend all night yabbering to each other - Richard was obviously in good humour and the band were feeding off the banter from the crowd - the talking got a bit much mid way - so an instruction to folks to shut up from 'front and centre' was welcomed - would have probably been welcomed more if 'yer feckin bastid' was added to the statement...

Nice to see Shaun and Bez and Stephen Hawking were in atendance - just goes to show the broad appeal of all things Hawley.

More than a little embarrassing, it has to be said. :roll:
That said, the majority of the crowd were there for all the right reasons - to have a rockin' good night and soak up the outstanding performance.
I'm pretty sure Richard will happily return again one day! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:43 am 
The Boss

oh deffo i don't mind a bit of banter and heckling i always have a laugh its all part of the show

Post subject: Roisin Dubh
PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 10:12 am 
Newcomer

Had the pleasure of being in the Roisin for the Valentine's night gig, my first Richard Hawley event and it was brillant. Was there with the missus who hadn't heard of Mr H before and she came away completely converted.

The songs were great live, the banter was razor sharp and a great night overall, the quality of musicianship on display was very impressive, special mention here to Clive (I think) on the harmonica who was excellent.

Looking forward to having you back in Galway soon..