Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Sat Dec 05, 2020 2:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Author Message
 Post subject: Beatles
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 7:57 pm 
Offline
I.....Need.....A.....Life
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:33 pm
Posts: 1474
Oh hello Richard....I was listening to some Beatles song's and I wondered if you had a particular favourite?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:38 pm 
Offline
The Boss
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 30, 2003 9:54 am
Posts: 18678
Location: Sheffield
she's leaving home is my fave

_________________
now,then!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:40 pm 
Offline
Hawleytastic!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:23 pm
Posts: 1168
Location: Ayrshire
Ticket to ride-perfect tune.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:40 pm 
Offline
Scone hoarding gobshite
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:10 pm
Posts: 6613
Location: still annoying craig
im sorry but i really cant stand the beatles :shock:

will i burn in hell? :?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:42 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:10 pm
Posts: 12104
Location: Usually to be found at a computer
sunflower wrote:
im sorry but i really cant stand the beatles :shock:

will i burn in hell? :?


Your punishment will be that Weller will be in heaven.








You're allowed not to like whoever you don't like.

_________________
There's a raven in the distance, his inscription's all around you, you can't hide

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:47 pm 
Offline
Scone hoarding gobshite
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:10 pm
Posts: 6613
Location: still annoying craig
Dawoodcock wrote:
Your punishment will be that Weller will be in heaven.


:cry: :cry: :cry:

i dont wanna hijack this thread with the weller-thing BUT its weird that hes such a mega beatles fan and claims to have been so influenced by them and i cant bear em. weird that.

he likes oasis an all.

still. no ones perfect.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:47 pm 
Offline
Hawleytastic!

Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:14 pm
Posts: 13489
I don't like the Beatles - well I quite like the song Twist and Shout............. and I do like Hey Jude - if its done by Elvis.............. but I'm just not keen on the sound generally....................not comfortable with it for some reason!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:49 pm 
Offline
Hawleytastic!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:23 pm
Posts: 1168
Location: Ayrshire
The Baroness wrote:
I don't like the Beatles - well I quite like the song Twist and Shout............. and I do like Hey Jude - if its done by Elvis.............. but I'm just not keen on the sound generally....................not comfortable with it for some reason!
give over that was grim-nay wonder it was held till elvis now


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:49 pm 
Offline
Scone hoarding gobshite
User avatar

Joined: Tue Nov 22, 2005 10:10 pm
Posts: 6613
Location: still annoying craig
yeah id much rather have elvis anyday 8)


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:52 pm 
Offline
Hawleytastic!

Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:14 pm
Posts: 13489
hissyt wrote:
The Baroness wrote:
I don't like the Beatles - well I quite like the song Twist and Shout............. and I do like Hey Jude - if its done by Elvis.............. but I'm just not keen on the sound generally....................not comfortable with it for some reason!
give over that was grim-nay wonder it was held till elvis now


No its a gorgeous take - and he's really enjoying himself at the end - I melt every time I hear him laugh at the end..................... its so joyous! :D


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:54 pm 
Offline
Hawleytastic!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2006 8:23 pm
Posts: 1168
Location: Ayrshire
The Baroness wrote:
hissyt wrote:
The Baroness wrote:
I don't like the Beatles - well I quite like the song Twist and Shout............. and I do like Hey Jude - if its done by Elvis.............. but I'm just not keen on the sound generally....................not comfortable with it for some reason!
give over that was grim-nay wonder it was held till elvis now


No its a gorgeous take - and he's really enjoying himself at the end - I melt every time I hear him laugh at the end..................... its so joyous! :D
What the studio version-no its not ,thats why it was tucked away ya dafty


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:26 pm 
Offline
Too much time on my hands
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 1:56 pm
Posts: 572
Location: Lancashire. The correct side of the Pennines
Dawoodcock wrote:

Your punishment will be that Weller will be in heaven.




Is that when hell freezes over? :wink:

_________________
Twang is, as Twang does.

http://www.myspace.com/stevebillybuckley

http://www.myspace.com/thewagontrain


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:48 pm 
Offline
Hawleytastic!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:08 pm
Posts: 1831
'I'll be back' (A Hard Days Night) is a pure pop love song, Lennons voice just breaks through.
'Baby its you' (Please Please Me) again Lennon carries off a great cover version.

sunflower wrote:
im sorry but i really cant stand the beatles


GRRR :twisted: :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 9:57 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:10 pm
Posts: 12104
Location: Usually to be found at a computer
All the stuff I really like by the Beatles has Lennon singing. Money, Twist and Shout, You're Gonna Lose That Girl, Revolution, No Reply, I'm A Loser, Anna, Please Mr Postman, In My Life, A Day in the Life . . .

_________________
There's a raven in the distance, his inscription's all around you, you can't hide

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 10:06 pm 
Offline
Hawleytastic!
User avatar

Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 2:08 pm
Posts: 1831
I love Macca, Helter Skelter and Sgt Pepper, Drive My Car etc... but i prefer Lennon all the time on lead vocals.


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 7 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group