Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:20 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 2:18 pm 
Regular poster

I am a big Beatles Fan always have been and always will be. I really liked The weirdness last year and the old Stooges Stuff 1969 (my Birth year was a goodun') No fun etc. I guess what most Beatle fans do is enjoy music as anyone does but tends to go back to the Beatles as a bench mark and with their back catalogue and spectrum of sounds, styles most music since 62 to nowadays is comparable to a Beatles song or too. but very few could fill that void or ever will for a fan. sorry to pick out the stooges but seems to be topical! Elvis is not compairable to the Beatles a, because he was a one off phenonomen, an amazing singer/performer/looker, The Best Ever! and b, He didn't compose but always took songs and did it his way backed by great individual musicians who dont always get recognition for their contribution.
Long live Music, Debate and of course The Beatles! :D

Do other Beatle fans like The Rutles, the Sails, The Red Button, Shake some action? I do!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 2:12 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I like the Beatles........................especially the early music...........they certainly changed the course!............................and yes I found the Rutles quite good...............

I do like what you said about Elvis though.................you cant compare him to the Beatles and really was a one off in his own right...................

Long live the King.................Long live the Fab Four.............. 8) :)