Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Dec 01, 2020 1:23 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]




Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
Author Message
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:42 am 
Offline
Hawleytastic!

Joined: Sun Jun 29, 2003 4:12 am
Posts: 1125
After the highly amusing conversion with Steve Davis the snooker star about reincarnation.

I was wondering what you thought about all this.

Me? I've just had my cottage turned over by a fucking polter 'fucking' geist. I've never known anything like it ever.

An A1 unnerving experience.

I guess it should mean something?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 9:05 am 
Offline
The Boss
User avatar

Joined: Fri May 30, 2003 9:54 am
Posts: 18678
Location: Sheffield
I don't disbelieve or believe as i have never encountered anything to pull my mind one way or the other it seems daft to have an opinion about something you know fuck all about,its like"do you believe in god"?...........How can anyone possibly know unless they have felt that vibe know what i mean?I try and not be judgemental..........that word has"mental"in it for good reason.But i am sure folks on here me included would like to hear your story.

my manager swears he saw aliens......now he IS fuckin mental.

_________________
now,then!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:03 am 
Offline
Hawleytastic!
User avatar

Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2005 1:17 pm
Posts: 5043
Location: sweet sweet Sheffield
was this after a few drinks? after a night on the tiles wi thi mate I'VE seen fuckin aliens. :*:

_________________
www.davewoodcock.net

NEWLY UPDATED!!!! Feel Free To Stop By...


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:00 pm 
Offline
I.....Need.....A.....Life
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 10, 2008 1:33 pm
Posts: 1474
I've never had any 'experiences' myself...but I'm always open minded .

My dad had this hippy friend who was always going on about weird stuff that had happened to her.......................and how she felt a' presence 'when she went into some peoples houses.Every time we saw her she had some tale to tell...............................................................................she bored me half to death.


Top
 Profile  
 
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:20 pm 
Offline
Hawleytastic!

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:41 pm
Posts: 1055
Location: born in Sheffield
netheredge wrote:
After the highly amusing conversion with Steve Davis the snooker star about reincarnation.

I was wondering what you thought about all this.

Me? I've just had my cottage turned over by a fucking polter 'fucking' geist. I've never known anything like it ever.

An A1 unnerving experience.

I guess it should mean something?


I had a friend who was a big believer in the supernatural..............had visits from her dead father...................and had these unnerving psychic moments....................but I have never experienced anything so can not say one way or another but I must admit it can be a fascinating subject.........................your experience sure sounds unnerving netheredge :shock: ...................it must mean something if you saw it..............


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:30 pm 
Offline
Hawleytastic!

Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:14 pm
Posts: 13489
I believe in the supernatural - although a lot of things can be explained in scientific ways of course......

I had a reading once from a medium who told me lots of things that nobody could have known outside our family - and told me that my late nan was always looking out for me - that was a real comfort as I still miss her ten years after her death - I actually think she was with me straight after the reading as all of a sudden my temperature dropped and I was shivering - in a fully heated room that was so warm I had to take my coat off not 10 minutes before............. spooky!


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 1:32 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Sep 06, 2005 6:10 pm
Posts: 12101
Location: Usually to be found at a computer
I don't like the thought that someone might be with me when I am not aware of it!

_________________
There's a raven in the distance, his inscription's all around you, you can't hide

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 2:26 pm 
Offline
Hawleytastic!

Joined: Sun Nov 26, 2006 2:41 pm
Posts: 1055
Location: born in Sheffield
The Baroness wrote:
I believe in the supernatural - although a lot of things can be explained in scientific ways of course......

I had a reading once from a medium who told me lots of things that nobody could have known outside our family - and told me that my late nan was always looking out for me - that was a real comfort as I still miss her ten years after her death - I actually think she was with me straight after the reading as all of a sudden my temperature dropped and I was shivering - in a fully heated room that was so warm I had to take my coat off not 10 minutes before............. spooky!


I have had a few readings and it can be quite unnerving when they tell you things that noone else could know.........................and also a few predictions that happened to come true.............................coincidentaly :?: ???????.....................yes it can be a bit spooky.................


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:32 pm 
Offline
Hawleytastic!
User avatar

Joined: Wed Apr 05, 2006 2:53 pm
Posts: 1158
jane wrote:
The Baroness wrote:
I believe in the supernatural - although a lot of things can be explained in scientific ways of course......

I had a reading once from a medium who told me lots of things that nobody could have known outside our family - and told me that my late nan was always looking out for me - that was a real comfort as I still miss her ten years after her death - I actually think she was with me straight after the reading as all of a sudden my temperature dropped and I was shivering - in a fully heated room that was so warm I had to take my coat off not 10 minutes before............. spooky!


I have had a few readings and it can be quite unnerving when they tell you things that noone else could know.........................and also a few predictions that happened to come true.............................coincidentaly :?: ???????.....................yes it can be a bit spooky.................



http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cold_reading

_________________
Thread Killer


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 3:46 pm 
Offline
Hawleytastic!

Joined: Wed Apr 19, 2006 12:14 pm
Posts: 13489
No - this was much more specific! :wink:


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 4:17 pm 
Offline
Hawleytastic!
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 09, 2004 6:06 pm
Posts: 1380
Location: sheffield
http://www.randi.org/joom/challenge-info-2.html

And no-one's been able to claim the prize yet. Funny that. I also saw him do a medium reading on someone in front of a live audience on TV & he was very convincing, got all sorts of details about the subject correct. he then went on to say he'd just cold read them & explained how he did it, much to the annoyance of the supposed genuine medium who'd just done his routine (and not as effectively as Randi).

Derren Brown also debunked the whole thing on his TV programme brilliantly.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G18NfN76bAs&feature=related

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7XIf-z1J4w&feature=related

After seeing this I can't be convinced that any supposed medium is nothing but a fraud.

_________________
new websites!
- http://www.chrismsaunders.com

- http://www.chrismsaunders.co.uk


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:39 pm 
Offline
Hawleytastic!
User avatar

Joined: Sun May 23, 2004 1:46 am
Posts: 1839
Location: cherry blossom clinic
Richard Hawley wrote:
my manager swears he saw aliens......


"aliens" - this clearly is a plural :shock:
Until now I thought I was the only one down here on this shabby planetoid.

Did he ask them for their stellarcom numbers?

Richard Hawley wrote:
now he IS fuckin mental.


I believe in the supermental :wink:

_________________
Hodie adsit, cras absit.
---------------------------------------------------
http://soundcloud.com/westfalienation
http://soundcloud.com/the-sellers


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 6:47 pm 
Offline
Site Admin
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jun 19, 2003 12:47 pm
Posts: 12728
:*:

you'd want to coming on here

_________________
http://www.last.fm/user/strumms
I saw an elsebound train, on the overpass
In the driving rain, every ticket costs the same
For where you can't go
Mustang horses, champagne glasses
Anything frail anything wild
It's the price of living motion, what's beautiful is broken
And grace is just the measure of a fall.


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 8:44 pm 
Offline
Hawley Super-Groupie
User avatar

Joined: Fri Jun 16, 2006 6:57 pm
Posts: 200
Location: East Coast
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 7&q=&hl=en

Worth 7 minutes of your time?


Top
 Profile  
 
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:02 pm 
Offline
Hawleytastic!
User avatar

Joined: Mon Aug 20, 2007 5:23 pm
Posts: 3609
Location: Perfect weather to fly ...
someone once gave me a pack of tarot cards - and I was inundated by people wanting readings, really bizarre cos I was just reading from a book in a specially low voice .... I reckon I could have made a packet if I'd set up a stall. It struck me that those wanting readings were looking for some sort of answer or were unresolved about stuff ... I was really fascinated by their reactions and sometimes gullibility as if me and a pack of cards could sort anything. However, I do reckon that there's something about mathematics and probability in it somewhere - I tend to want to seek a 'logical' scientific explanation to stuff but am too brain-lazy.

_________________
The way your face could light the bitter dark of every street
In every town I'll ever go


Top
 Profile  
 
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 34 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

All times are UTC [ DST ]


Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 5 guests


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
cron
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group