Blue Yonder wrote:
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-5489018464221065117&q=&hl=en

Worth 7 minutes of your time?

http://claireb.wordpress.com/2007/01/11/95/

- http://www.chrismsaunders.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2008 10:20 pm 
I.....Need.....A.....Life

Blair witch project...in a car......................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 1:41 am 
Hawleytastic!

Interesting responses.

I have no problem in saying that when I put that post on, I had been deliberately drinking because of what happened. Though when it started up I was totally sober and I wasn't on any kind of drugs, having an hard time.

In the end the only way I could deal with an experience like that was pack my bags and spend the night at my parents. When I started this thread, I was at my parents drinking my way through my Dads red wine supply. It was too late to ring any mates up and the only thing I could do to keep myself together, apart from drinking was to go on the net and try and get some...answers? It kept me occupied if nothing else..and I needed it. Just to come on a forum and go 'oh I love that track on that album' would of been a much really.

Today the situation increased. I hadn't been back to the cottage. Then I got a phone call from my neighbour...

My kitchen window over looks their back garden, she said I was in the back garden today and something was knocking on the window as if to get my attention..I thought it was you trying to get my attention. The trouble...there was no human in that place...

The village is very old and even has a stocks there still in the centre. Right by my cottage is a small hill that belonged to the Nights Templar and is suppose to be were they met all those years ago. It's a very atmospheric place.

I'll go back to last night. I arrived late armed with 3 bottles of larger and 10 silk cut. I was going to sup them and then have something to eat.

Then things seemed to have a life on their own. It was like something was behind it trying to spook me. Walking form room to room things went crazy. In the bathroom all the stuff on the shelf was on the floor, plants on the floor. In my bedroom a glass on water by my bed had turned over and spilt water all over the table. In the front room..stuff on the floor. It's a very old cottage. There are 2 oak beams in the front room with niknacs on the beams. Stuff had been ripped off there and was on the floor.

At first I wasn't that unnerved...even abit excited that this was going on in my own home. So I got stuck into my first beer. I went to the toilet and again discovered in the bathroom, things had moved. Large things..but also small things..had been cunningly moved to spook me out. The towl rail had moved a few inches..other small things. I went back through the kitchen to discover an ornament had turned upside down. At the time I wanted answers. The 'vibe' in the place was surreal. I just sat by the fireplace..basically talking to myself..to keep myself going.

I went to the toilet again..only to discover when I sat down again in the front room..another ornament had been knocked over on front of me on a shelf. It would appear whatever it was had intelligence and knew how to get me. It was that, that spooked me the most. The small subtle things, not just the big things like the plants in the floor e.t.c. The vibe in the cottage by then was getting almost unbearable. I decided I had no choice but to leave.

All this noticing things moving in other rooms lasted for about an hour. It was so unexpected. I've known that place for 20 years. Before I lived there my sister did and before that my mate did. Nobody has ever experienced anything like that there. Until last night, there has always been a very warm vibe there.

I got to my parents and got stuck into a bottle of wine. Probably more unnerved then, that when I was back in the cottage. The true reality of what had happened really sunk in..I was..abit off it to be honest. spooked would be the right word. I could not make any sense out of it all.

I woke up today..very hung over. Then I remembered last night and to be honest I've been in a state of mild shock all day.

Then this afternoon I got a call from my neighbour. I had not yet been back. Like I said, something was knocking on the kitchen window. She thought it was me..but no person was in the building. She went across the garden, expecting to see me....

What she saw was unbelievable...

Two Starlings pecking on the window from the inside!!!!!!!!!!!

Little bastards had some how come down the chimney and were stuck in the cottage.

So my neighbour has a key and let them out.

I can a sure you, If I ever see these starling again in my garden. I'm going to line them up and give them a severe bollocking.

In the future I hope I never ever again meet some poltergeist starlings.

..thank goodness for that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 10:05 am 
Hawleytastic!

Thank goodness for that! :*:

I've had birds in the house before and its quite scary cos the blighters don't want to be caught........... :?

I enjoyed reading that post - you have a bit of a talent there - thought of writing for publication? :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 8:57 pm 

Yeah, some weird manky savage cat managed to get into our house last summer.
Evidently went insane trying to find an exit..................the lounge was trashed.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 5:06 am 
Hawleytastic!

'thought of writing for publication?'

Thanks for the compliment. It's usually the opposite with my CSE English skills.

I wouldn't know what to write about...not ghosts, thats for sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:10 am 

What about something for the R.S.P.B......?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2008 6:21 am 
Hawleytastic!

Ha!

Could do.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 10:56 am 
Hawleytastic!

.......................'Starling Poltergeist' does have a good ring to it as a book title!!!!......................and your writing was very enjoyable to read nnetheredge ......................the knocking on your neighbours window quite had me on tenderhooks!!! :shock: :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:12 pm 
The Boss

very entertaining though netheredge thanks for sharing,in our old house we once had a magpie fall down the chimney and it was VERY pissed off it totally freaked me out in the wild is one thing but chasing the cat round our house is another

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:07 pm 
Hawleytastic!

:*: :*: I knew there'd be a logical explanation.

Used to get the occasional pigeon down the chimney in my childhood home - they'd usually be in shock and covered in soot. The fireplaces were sometimes boarded up too, so bird would be quite stressed by time managed to free it.

Tip, if one falls down, chuck a towel over it rather than trying to chase it out, and bring your hands down from head down wings, keeping wings closed, so doesn't thrash around and injure itself.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:11 pm 

Thanks for the tip.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 11:58 pm 
Hawleytastic!

catsandbooks wrote:
:*: :*: I knew there'd be a logical explanation.

Used to get the occasional pigeon down the chimney in my childhood home - they'd usually be in shock and covered in soot. The fireplaces were sometimes boarded up too, so bird would be quite stressed by time managed to free it.

Tip, if one falls down, chuck a towel over it rather than trying to chase it out, and bring your hands down from head down wings, keeping wings closed, so doesn't thrash around and injure itself.

The soot gets everywhere too!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:31 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

The elderly lady next door was waiting for the chimney sweep, when there was a rumble & a load of soot came down & landed on the dog! She thought it was hilarious. Poor old Rusty :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 28, 2008 12:57 pm 
Hawleytastic!

loftyeric2 wrote:
The elderly lady next door was waiting for the chimney sweep, when there was a rumble & a load of soot came down & landed on the dog! She thought it was hilarious. Poor old Rusty :shock:

Poor old Rusty.....................but better to be soot than a Magpie!.............poor dog would have had some nasty pecks!.......... :(