not Rick Springfield!?!!

Ricky Ross - Deacon Blue?? :shock:

.......OMG!!!!!

Rick Astley!!!!!............. :Hoorah :Hoorah ..> ..>

A true legend in our midst!!! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Aug 01, 2008 4:50 pm 
Hawley Groupie

Sorry to disappoint folks but I'm more of a Richard than a Ricky but there is already one of them on here.

I was in an offshoot band from Soul to Soul called Nomad Soul (on Island records) with Howie B and Goldie (Goldie refers to the band in his book) did an album with David Hallyday (JOHNNY'S LITTLE BOY), wrote a song for Japanese teen sensation Chage and Aska, did some film soundtrack work, sang and wrote the closing credit to an american film called spies lies and alibis, toured as support to Roachford, and co wrote a song with an Italian band called Sold Out, a single which made number 75 for one week.

Lasted just short of 2 years in the business and with some relief went back to my old job. Everything I did was utter shite and not the sort of music I would ever want to listen to or would want anyone to hear.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 2:11 am 
Hawleytastic!

Ricky wrote:
Lasted just short of 2 years in the business and with some relief went back to my old job. Everything I did was utter shite and not the sort of music I would ever want to listen to or would want anyone to hear.

Ricky, that has made me feel very sad :cry: ... hope you're now making sweet sweet music that you're proud of and makes your heart sing :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:00 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Ricky wrote:
sang and wrote the closing credit to an american film called spies lies and alibis.

I think I heard that in Dunelmn Mill at the weekend.....prepare yourself for a huge royality increase!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:40 pm 
Hawley Groupie

In the last PRS distribution I got something like £2.39, it's the thought that counts!

In replyto cats and dogs, all I can say is I had an opportunity but the record companies/producers were trying to push the music in a very 80s poppy style, very keyboard based, drum machines and that, I didn't like it so my heart wasn't in it. We did a gig at the Marquee with Roachford. Had to wait till 3am before packing down then had to drive back to Manchester in the van. My wife was pregnant with our first daughter and I just thought I've had enough.As it happened we were dumped by the record company anyway as we didn't have a hit straight away, that's how it was in the 80s, no chance to develop. I sound like the bloke from Creme Brulee in League of Gentlemen,

Didn't do music for about 20 years but got a nice little band together of mates from school, we do wedding birthdays pubs for no motive other than enjoying playing and the craic that goes with it, couldn't be happier and the daughter in question is now at Uni doing well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:34 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Ricky wrote:
Didn't do music for about 20 years but got a nice little band together of mates from school, we do wedding birthdays pubs for no motive other than enjoying playing and the craic that goes with it, couldn't be happier and the daughter in question is now at Uni doing well.

Good to hear your enjoying your music again Ricky.................. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:45 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I thought you guys were taking the piss about Mr H being big in B&Q...but yes he was playing as I was rummaging for some felt pads yesterday.

I hope he's on appropriate royalties. Perhaps a year's supply of bin liners or a couple of orange buckets?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 12, 2008 12:13 am 
Hawleytastic!

JohnnyNewEggs wrote:
I hope he's on appropriate royalties. Perhaps a year's supply of bin liners or a couple of orange buckets?

just rob the buckets. everyone does.