Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Sat May 11, 2024 2:16 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Musical History
PostPosted: Sun Sep 14, 2008 1:22 am 
Newcomer

There was once a bunch of kids in a band called Treebound Story.

I never heard of em but they were in my record shop every other day asking me to to put up posters for their next gig... listen to this tape... give us a fag... can I listen to this Ricky Nelson LP... and they never had more than twenty pence between them. Ever.

They nagged me for so long until I went to see one of their gigs.
It was really good. No, I mean it was so good that you go home and dream about it. This one kid, the lanky one with glasses, played the meanest rockabilly guitar, the coolest blues. I was bowled over.

Now, at that time, my record shop was connected with the infamous Fon Studios. I decided that these kids needed to put a record out and put that connection to some use. It took a while, but in the meantime I had the pleasure of getting to know those guys.

By god. We drank like fish, picked up birds at Limit club and had a real good time.

When their 4 track 12 inch single came out, I did the entire shop window display with the cover. No space for anything else, for the best part of two months.

I still have the autographed copy of that first recording.

This is getting to be a long post so...

Richie mate, I'm really glad that you are happy and doing well. I always knew you would go far.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:13 pm 
Hawleytastic!

awh

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 7:23 pm 
The Boss

hey Nick how are you mate fuckin hell its been a long time,i still recall the savage hangovers after the leadmill lager hope you doin well our kid and thanks for the nice words,i still remember your kindness and tolerance letting me hang out in the shop ALL day,i was totally skint but i think of those times as a positive experience,have you heard from Rob Edwards?I still see a few of the folk around when i'm in the city but sadly not often enough :cyclopsani: :BEEEER ..>

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:20 am 
Newcomer

Doing alright mate. Haven't been back to Sheffield in quite a few years though. Met a nice German girl and left with her. We have a 10 year old daughter.

I now run my own small video production business near Düsseldorf and do a lot of stuff for various motorbike racing teams and tournaments. If not doing that I'm filming down the pit, which makes it feel more like home.

I hear your are going to be a professor now. I'll have a pint of fine german beer to congratulate you on that. Nice one!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 1:24 pm 
The Boss

next time i am over there i will get in touch mate ..>