It's a bit 'laddish' 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
I'm scared to post in case I'm ignored 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
It's complete rubbish 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Could'nt give a flying monkey trump 7%  7%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 14
 Post subject: What do YOU think?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:24 pm 
Hello one and all! :Hoorah

As this forum has been up and running for a few weeks now, I'm interested to know some of your thoughts and feelings on how its going! Maybe there are things you'd like to see added or things you like to see banished forever!! (who said Feckle??!!!)

Say how you feel, as you know Richard & Mike are always listening and would welcome YOUR views!!

NEW MEMBERS - I would love the new members to get their fingers going and get posting, don't be put off by the squabbling and rubbish, a few intelligent posts will soon see to that!!

Don't just do the poll........SAY WHAT YOU THINK!!!

Pontious H Feckle

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:32 pm 
Pretty much ok if you ask me. The non posting members thing is pretty common on most forums like this in my experience. Some people just like to watch :shock: Or they register the first time they come and never come back....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:34 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I generally like the board, i think sometimes some of you boys can get a bit 'piss take' but sometimes it goes to far, and as i said before i know sometimes reading things can be misinterprated but generally i think we are ok! May be it is a little clicky but well when the same people come on chatting that's what you should expect.. although we all welcome new comers!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:39 pm 
ShedsClaire wrote:
i think sometimes some of you boys can get a bit 'piss take' but sometimes it goes to far, and as i said before i know sometimes reading things can be misinterprated

Tone doesn't come across well and things can be easily taken out of context in a place like this. I would hope things are taken in the spirit in which they are intended, as if there was somebody i had a genuine problem with i'd really let them know... :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 2:45 pm 
Hawleytastic!

haha yeah me too Craig...

Let's take it outside!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 3:51 pm 
Emoticon Consultant

the technical part is very good.it's user friendly I mean you dont get confused while navigating and everything...it has nice colors as well
I like it a lot...
and people here are funny and you can always learn things you didnt know about...as for the fact that things go to far sometimes, i havent noticed that...but it is maybe because many times I get confused somewhere and dont understand a thing [img]http://www.click-smilies.de/sammlung/fragend/confused-smiley-007.gif[/img]..so i dont bother...
the only problem is that mr administrator doesnt let me play around Image..:roll: :roll: maybe you could open a new theme called"playground for dimi"..Image
i now bet Mr Administrator will go like that if he reads that:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 4:38 pm 
I have not been on a Forum and discussion board thingy before but I have found this quite addictive. I agree that it is a bit clicky but that is only because there are not many people writing regularly and as Feckle says it may seem a little chatty but if when people do write about an issue that carries some weight, the responses can be fascinating to read.

I think the real clincher is knowing that Richard looks at the forum regularly too and it is always nice to hear his comments. It would be a real shame if he decided it was all becoming a bit too wanky to bother with.

I believe that if the chatty, getting to know the fellow posters stuff is confined to misc etc. and the questions for Hawley and the Geetar section remain on topic we can all have a slice of whatever we are most interested in. There is enough room for everything. For example, I can't really join in on the Geetar bit but like giving it a read to learn something. I like to read the funny stuff and banter in the other sections and join in when I can. You can feel like the people on here must all be pretty cool because they all have a passion for Hawley's music. In fact I have gained quite alot from the Forum as we have bought alot of the music recommended and it is all brilliant!

Dimi is also right, it is very easy to use and fun too.

Good job all round I would say. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 11, 2003 9:07 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

i dont give a trouts jizz i want those emoticons here and i want them now,i'll scweem scweem scweem. :*: :D :o :) look its the four happy posters.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 12:47 am 
Regular

Not going to quote all you said 'michelvis' but I agree with what you wrote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jul 12, 2003 1:01 am 
Quote:
I believe that if the chatty, getting to know the fellow posters stuff is confined to misc etc. and the questions for Hawley and the Geetar section remain on topic we can all have a slice of whatever we are most interested in. There is enough room for everything. For example, I can't really join in on the Geetar bit but like giving it a read to learn something. I like to read the funny stuff and banter in the other sections and join in when I can. You can feel like the people on here must all be pretty cool because they all have a passion for Hawley's music. In fact I have gained quite alot from the Forum as we have bought alot of the music recommended and it is all brilliant!

I think that bit pretty much said it all....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:52 am 
Regular

I think it's great a message board is up and running and so many are enthused about it but this is a suggestion I'd like to add.

Many times a question is asked on the board and before it is even answered the thread gets pulled in a totally different direction and is used more as a chat room then a place to post and reply to answers.

This was a common problem we had for awhile on a music website I edit and moderate for called www.altcountrytab.com so we made a separate forum called Community Chat where all the extra talk and chatting could take place and the other forums where left to strictly put out ideas, questions and answers and the topics are now kept more on topic.

It doesn't bother me all the extra chatter here, it's good people are having fun with it but I'd like to see a separate forum designated for this kind of talk and the other forums to remain more on topic.

That's my 2 cents worth on the matter, and no I'm not a grumpy old man 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:59 am 
Isn't that the idea of the Misc forum though? 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 2:26 am 
Emoticon Consultant

:shock:
Quote:
the thread gets pulled in a totally different direction and is used more as a chat room then a place to post and reply to answers

are you talking about me? :oops: :oops: :oops: :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 12:27 pm 
It is difficult to keep things precisely on track during a specific discussion, sure the Misc forum is the place for meanderings with not much sense or indeed Feckles posts, which also meander and don't make sense. I wouldn't worry Dimi, there's been far worse things posted on here during the last few days, so I hardly think anyone has you in their sights as the worst offender. We all, including Hawley, go off on a tangent, especially late at night whilst pissed. I truly think this forum is excellent and far better than some other sites I've visited, which are so dry you could use them to mop up the floor. Clearly Hawley wants us to keep the Guitar section clear from off topic posts, that's fair enough. Now stop worrying! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jul 13, 2003 7:04 pm 
Scandinavia's biggest house husband

Not enough talk 'bout countrymusic.
Too much talk 'bout boot-knockin' and moon-a-shinin'