Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:14 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:56 pm 
Newcomer

Richard,

Recently I was compelled to join this board (having read it for quite a while) to state me peace...

A couple of weeks ago Hurricane Irene hit here in Brooklyn. I stocked up on water, sardines, wine, and Richard Hawley records. I had to stay indoors for about 48 hours to avoid the high winds, falling trees and flooding streets. I listened to all your songs - from "Going Home" to "There's A Storm Coming." From Lowedges on, I was able to use my LP player, but obviously listened to MP3s for the first two records.

Man, those first two (like all of your records) are so amazing. So brilliant. "Can You Here The Rain, Love?" has made me weep. It has always pained me (quite seriously actually) that these two records aren't available on vinyl.

Now I saw your "poll" earlier this year (or was it last year) asking how many people would be interested in those first to records on vinyl. I want to put in my heartfelt plea right now that these two deserve to be pressed to vinyl (preferably at Pallas :D).

I know there have been other "vinyl" topics where I could have placed my vote, or put in my two cents, but I just thought I would do it here in my very own first post on this board.

I saw that you are in the studio recording your new album. No news makes me more excited. You've stated here that you are going to rerelease the first two records on vinyl to coincide with your new record's release. I really hope you do so, and I know others here and everywhere do as well. If you are not planning on doing so, would you be willing to license those first two records so they could be released on vinyl? As you said, the artifact is important in this day and age (as is the sound).

In sum, I love your music in any form. You serenaded me through the hurricane and countless other hours and for that I am eternally grateful. I do hope, as do many other in my country, that you grace our shores again for some shows. Or at least one show in NYC which I'm sure would sell out. Thanks.

Last edited by Clive on Fri Sep 16, 2011 3:35 am, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 1:40 am 
Newcomer

man, i second that... i think the LPs would do well in the states, kids buy records here. i own a small store, and i can attest to that. people buy what plays in record stores, and late night final would be in heavy rotation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 9:42 pm 
Regular

I third that. How I yearn for a complete Hawley vinyl collection and the possibility of having a second set when they wear out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:27 pm 
Hawleytastic!

jam05 wrote:
I third that. How I yearn for a complete Hawley vinyl collection and the possibility of having a second set when they wear out!

If Carlsberg made first posts they probably wouldn't be as good as this one.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 9:13 pm 
Newcomer

Any news on these being released... Ever?

PostPosted: Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:07 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Just happened on this message after wandering Brooklyn. Would have love to hear that through an open window :)

(Oh last year was nuts, yeah? We had no power, heat or even water for a week. Slept with 10 blankets piled on my bed, in October, hauled water from a stream.)

Anyway, let's work on getting RH back to NYC, yeah?! Along with more records.

~ Karen

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2013 12:15 am 
Newcomer

Any news on when S/T and Late NIght Final may be released on vinyl? The wait grow onerous. Any ability to license these for a vinyl release?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2013 8:55 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Or, while we're at it, is there any chance of a reissue of the rest of the albums on vinyl for us latecomers? Only 'Lady's Bridge' is still available.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:04 pm 
Newcomer

Colombo wrote:
Or, while we're at it, is there any chance of a reissue of the rest of the albums on vinyl for us latecomers? Only 'Lady's Bridge' is still available.

Any news on this Mr. Hawley?

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:55 am 
The Boss

There are as I've said before,discussions re vinyl etc but its not just as simple as"lets do some vinyl.....waheyyyyy".........I've been signed to a few labels over the years and this makes things complicated,all I can say is contract law is beyond tedium but its very important to get this shit right......as I learned very very early on in my life......and that the mastering has definitely been done for the mini LP and late night final......BUT that still leaves the Setanta/Mute/EMI hairy triangle to manouver so that's your lot.....!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 08, 2013 10:32 pm 
Newcomer

Richard Hawley wrote:
and that the mastering has definitely been done for the mini LP and late night final

Nice! Thanks for the update.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 12:32 am 
Hawleytastic!

howdy clive, nice to hear of another one, we're a rare breed !

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:18 pm 
Newcomer

beaux nidle wrote:
howdy clive, nice to hear of another one, we're a rare breed !

Haha, nice one.

PostPosted: Mon May 20, 2013 7:20 pm 
Newcomer

Richard Hawley wrote:
There are as I've said before,discussions re vinyl etc but its not just as simple as"lets do some vinyl.....waheyyyyy".........I've been signed to a few labels over the years and this makes things complicated,all I can say is contract law is beyond tedium but its very important to get this shit right......as I learned very very early on in my life......and that the mastering has definitely been done for the mini LP and late night final......BUT that still leaves the Setanta/Mute/EMI hairy triangle to manouver so that's your lot.....!

Richard, will Lowedges, Coles Corner and Truelove's also be reissued. I think it would be cool to see a vinyl box set or something (like they did w/ Elbow, but I'd actually buy this one).

thx.