Newcomer

Love to have Hushabye Mountain on the collection

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
Another happy day

Post subject: Re: bits and bobs
PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 12:27 pm 
The Boss

Alan Noir wrote:
Loads of great suggestions. May I suggest the demo of After the Rain, the one you sang yourself, or did I imagine hearing that? I know James Dean Bradfield's demo of his Bassey song surfaced at one point.

Good one,I like this......I am starting to........remember

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 7:47 pm 
Regular

Do you have the copyright to Tendresse by The Longpigs... I remember being about 18 and me and my mates driving to Liverpool. What should have been a very 'laddish' scene was 4 teenage lads heading to the passport office in a souped up Peugeot 106 Rallye listening to Tendresse over and over and over...

Needless to say it was the first song I ever heard of by you... and well it's alright. :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:00 pm 
Site Admin

Richard Hawley wrote:
Alan Noir wrote:
Loads of great suggestions. May I suggest the demo of After the Rain, the one you sang yourself, or did I imagine hearing that? I know James Dean Bradfield's demo of his Bassey song surfaced at one point.

That's the sort of stuff that would be sure fire 'hit' with fans and new folks alike. I am still of the opinion that something along these lines coupled with some live action is the way to go. With an artist who excels and is known for their live shows it would be good to have something representative in that regard for the audience to perhaps get their teeth into Your very own Live And Dangerous, you could call it damp and dangerous or something I dunno but you know what I am getting at anyway, it would be a winner... Get on it !

For where you can't go
Mustang horses, champagne glasses
Anything frail anything wild
It's the price of living motion, what's beautiful is broken
And grace is just the measure of a fall.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 01, 2013 8:40 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Bypassing the title comments above, are there are more recordings from City Hall in 2006 (we had I Sleep Alone and Coming Home) or the recordings that were made for the live album last year - talking of which is that still on the cards?

I'd love to hear some outtakes but as it is still "one take Hawley" I guess that's doubtful 8)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:09 am 
The Boss

I asked Mikey Moo(Timm)to record some shows and I know they exist there was a whole load of them,I was thinking along those lines Eoin so Ta mate and Ta for everyone's comments there are SO many things in the can and songs half finished its mental,there's all the"jams and demos"for every album......although there's a point where it becomes dull although.......... :*: I can think of some very very funny out takes that exist.....!!!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 8:20 am 
The Boss

Tristan Johnson wrote:
Do you have the copyright to Tendresse by The Longpigs... I remember being about 18 and me and my mates driving to Liverpool. What should have been a very 'laddish' scene was 4 teenage lads heading to the passport office in a souped up Peugeot 106 Rallye listening to Tendresse over and over and over...

Needless to say it was the first song I ever heard of by you... and well it's alright. :wink:

What a great story,I do own the rights to the song but god knows who owns the rights to all that piggies stuff,it's 15-20 years ago now,been so many labels bought and sold.......I do own the rights to the song though and occasionally think about re recording it,I wrote another section to it a few years back........anyway seeing as you were so kind as to share your story here's one to repay the gesture.......there's a longer version of this but for one reason or another that was recorded totally naked In the dark.......when I'd finished our then tour manager took a picture of me sat on a chair having a cig.......thankfully with a guitar on my lap.......that became the laminate/pass for the next tour......I still have it,along with every pass and laminate from every gig or tour I've ever done......I even have beer mate I wrote on.....which started my collecting these mementos.....a wards beer mat I kept says simply"played with Dad,upstairs,Firth Park Hotel,6-4-1980"....which is of course my most treasured

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 9:36 am 
Regular

Richard Hawley wrote:
Tristan Johnson wrote:

What a great story,I do own the rights to the song but god knows who owns the rights to all that piggies stuff,it's 15-20 years ago now,been so many labels bought and sold.......I do own the rights to the song though and occasionally think about re recording it,I wrote another section to it a few years back........anyway seeing as you were so kind as to share your story here's one to repay the gesture.......there's a longer version of this but for one reason or another that was recorded totally naked In the dark.......when I'd finished our then tour manager took a picture of me sat on a chair having a cig.......thankfully with a guitar on my lap.......that became the laminate/pass for the next tour......I still have it,along with every pass and laminate from every gig or tour I've ever done......I even have beer mate I wrote on.....which started my collecting these mementos.....a wards beer mat I kept says simply"played with Dad,upstairs,Firth Park Hotel,6-4-1980"....which is of course my most treasured

Much as I like you Richard I now have two of these imagined images welded to my brain - this one and one from an interview about you ironing and crying, which for some reason always starts Naked in Pitsmoor off in my head. It's all too much for a small brain to cope with... :)

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 1:36 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
Alan Noir wrote:

Actually I think it was your little bit in this I was thinking of. But if your demo exists I'd love to hear it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vWs1iM2iqO8

PostPosted: Tue Apr 02, 2013 7:00 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Richard Hawley wrote:
,there's all the"jams and demos"for every album......although there's a point where it becomes dull although.......... :*: I can think of some very very funny out takes that exist.....!!!

Never dull. But are the outtakes clean or will it just be one long beep? :*:

PostPosted: Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:57 pm 
Regular

Richard Hawley wrote:
Tristan Johnson wrote:

The interesting part of the story is that of 4 of us in the car that day, probably no one else to this day realises that it was an early solo track. I listened to it in the car this morning. I must hold the record for most listens because it was on constant repeat all the way from Huddersfield. Plus, it was well better than She Said... :-)