Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:19 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject: Re: bits and bobs
PostPosted: Sat Mar 09, 2013 10:00 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Richard Hawley wrote:
Already I'm running into problems as half the stuff you've mentioned I didn't know existed like the live stuff :shock: I presume that's our resident spy/surveillance/stealth team bootlegging gigs?I don't mind cos they wouldn't exist without you 8) but as I'm not aware of half the shit that's out there you'll have to fess up if you want it included x

You know there is a solution - you could do another live gig just for forum people - and go through all the old classics - - OK - it'd have to be three nights in a row........ or even five :D

I confess I do have a load of bootlegs but I didn't record them. There have been some superb gigs over the years (the Leadmill ones (2003 and 2005) are good as is Buxton from 2008) but some of the recordings are poor and you can hear the conversations going on next to whoever was taping.

But if all that is too hard (and I reckon it probably is) a triple disk of B-sides and covers would be brilliant, it's really annoying having to change disk after disk -so having them all in one place - fine idea :D

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 2:23 am 
The Boss

On reflection I'm staying away from live stuff just keep it to studio and possibly the odd decent radio choon

PostPosted: Sun Mar 10, 2013 8:59 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Being a heathen who has only ever bought the CDs (although cut me some slack because I do have them all) I would love to hear all the B sides. Could we also have There's a Storm Coming from Magna (or similar as in big crescendo)? That was totally awesome. Incredible. Blew me away.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 8:46 am 
Hawley Groupie

Oh yes please Richard. I wasn't even aware that half the stuff people are talking about existed. Not just on vinyl though because I have nothing to play it on. I have a beautiful signed 10/12inch vinyl of False Lights from the Land I bought at the Teddy Boy's Picnic and have never played it. I keep it as a momento of one of the best gigs I have ever been to. Any chance of doing something like that again? I can't deal with huge great festivals but that was brilliant.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:20 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

A full set of B sides and 'out takes' sounds brill to me - and a much better alternative to a 'Greatest Hits'

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:49 pm 
The Boss

I don't think anyone would buy a blank cd :*:

PostPosted: Mon Mar 11, 2013 5:37 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Really excited about this. Hope it happens. There's just such a wealth of great recordings to choose from. Personally I've never been a fan of live recordings at gigs. Although I like watching well recorded videos of gigs.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 2:36 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Richard Hawley wrote:
I don't think anyone would buy a blank cd :*:

It could come in useful for those times when you have a hangover and all you want is to lie in the dark with your eyes closed, in silence.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:29 am 
Newcomer

.... the song you did with Jarvis at the Royal Albert hall...i think you introduced it as a christmas song that you wrote together ages ago maybe....i thought that was amazing and would love to hear it again on a bits and bobs type compilation...

A collection of b sides etc would be very welcome : )

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:18 am 
The Boss

We recorded that years ago forgot about that :roll:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:56 pm 
Too much time on my hands

shane wrote:
.... the song you did with Jarvis at the Royal Albert hall...i think you introduced it as a christmas song that you wrote together ages ago maybe....i thought that was amazing and would love to hear it again on a bits and bobs type compilation...

A collection of b sides etc would be very welcome : )

Yes please I Remember that being great that night

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 12:08 am 
Regular

Yes yes yes please - as much of it as poss, especially alternate versions, I'm a total completist and end up wandering around YouTube etc looking for stuff. Live the idea of a five night residency though, where we basically just get you to play every single song you've ever written and record that... That would be some session ;)

Hello everyone by the way, I'm a newbie, just got myself a bit Hawley obsessed but seem to have found myself in the right place for someone with that sort of problem :)

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:00 am 
Hawleytastic!

Hope wrote:
Hello everyone by the way, I'm a newbie, just got myself a bit Hawley obsessed but seem to have found myself in the right place for someone with that sort of problem :)

Hello Hope.........Goodbye Despair! :roll:

I'll get me coat!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 21, 2013 10:20 am 
Hawleytastic!

Hope wrote:

Hiya - there is no known cure - I was initially drawn to Richard by the back drop and mirror ball on the Lady's Bridge tour - then the guitars - then the songs - I went to the gig for something to do in Liverpool on a Saturday night - it was at the gig I realised Richard had had a hit with Hotel Room - within a couple of days I had a couple of albums and a ticket for another gig - within a year more albums and about thirteen gigs - I've calmed down since then - but not by too much - had front row for Liverpool last time which was great ..>

PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 11:52 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Loads of great suggestions. May I suggest the demo of After the Rain, the one you sang yourself, or did I imagine hearing that? I know James Dean Bradfield's demo of his Bassey song surfaced at one point.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 56 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next