Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:47 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 12:46 pm 
Newcomer

I recall ladies and gents in the mid '80s a Gary Numan tour where all the support slots were provided by the local talent. The Sheffield show support was provided by treebound story or have i gone completely mad? Cheers.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 1:03 am 
The Boss

no you haven't gone loo lah at all its true we won a competition on....mmm i think radio sheff or hallam to"win"the prize of supporting Gary Numan at the city hall by submitting a demo......we won.....maybe we were the only entrants,it was a strange experience for four young lads who were only chabbies(kids)Gary frowned on booze at the time and we turned up with a 24 pack of beer in our van as well as our gear of course.......it was brought into our dressing room by some kind lads who worked there and we were told to drink it in that room only.......i recall the soundcheck with vivid clarity.......his roadies all had cans of lager under they're jackets,it was a bizarre gig playing to loads of folks in boiler suits and bleached hair........i actually really like a lot of Numans songs he is a great writer....car's is a work of fore sighted genius i reckon

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:31 pm 
Regular poster

It was a star competition wasn't it?

Me and Steph did the sound if you remember. :shock:

PostPosted: Sat Oct 26, 2013 9:06 am 
Newcomer

Thank you, thats a great little story. I do remember some inbetween song banter along the lines of 'we do have something in common with Mr.Numan, our name is also on the Peel session sleeves....Imagine if Pulp model '84 had won the competion? Russell Senior Screaming Anorexic beauty at us Numanoids waiting for Are 'friends electric?