Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:45 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Jobs
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:30 pm 
Gimmie 6 !

Anyone know of a proper company where you can work from home, i know a few years ago a bloke i worked with used to come to Sheffield and pick up unmade greetings cards and put them together.

Any ideas of anything like that or otherwise.......

Post subject: Re: Jobs
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:35 pm 
Flange cheese munching cockend

the boy hoy wrote:
Anyone know of a proper company where you can work from home, i know a few years ago a bloke i worked with used to come to Sheffield and pick up unmade greetings cards and put them together.

Give over man.....don't them dudes pay you a penny per hundred or summat like that???!!! :shock:

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 9:39 pm 
Gimmie 6 !

Dave wrote:
the boy hoy wrote:

Give over man.....don't them dudes pay you a penny per hundred or summat like that???!!! :shock:

i dunno, looking round on the net now at stuff, it's looking for something that fits round school hours.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:14 pm 
Hawleytastic!

the boy hoy wrote:

It's not the company so much as the type of work. Bloke down the road from me is a painter/decorator but only works during school hours as he is responsible for getting the kids to school and home.

Have you thought of proof-reading/copy editing ... if you're any good and build up a good relationship with a couple of companies it can keep you busy and relatively well-paid.

Hope this isn't because you're worrying about the restructuring at your place, boyhoy ... stay positive.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:16 pm 
Flange cheese munching cockend

Have you thought about a paper round in the morning, then you could see the kids into school as a lollypop man, then later do the evening papers with the young 'un.....think of the exercise!!! :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 8:06 am 
Hawleytastic!

Dave wrote:
the boy hoy wrote:

Don't pay them anything for the priviledge of working for them.

Good luck finding something. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 9:57 am 
Hawleytastic!

Here's a site to have a look at - I think the important thing is you should never have to lay out cash of your own for materials or anything...

http://www.homeworking.com/library/librar.htm

(It does have a UK section apparently)

The proof reading is a good idea but its a skill that has to be learnt - I started (but didn't finish) a course on it once, but its not easy and you need an awful lot of concentration.

Depends on the amount of free time and whether its for you or your lady - how about ironing? Personally I hate it and there are a lot of people out there that would be only too happy to pay to have it done - but unfortunately in this "credit crunch" it might not be viable..........

Anyhow good luck with your search! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 12:25 pm 
Hawleytastic!

One of my friends works for MORI carrying out government surveys. They provide her with a laptop and each week, she is given a list of roads where she has to visit, say, three odd numbers and three even numbers to conduct the current survey. The householders are advised in advance that a researcher will call. She works in the evenings and is paid a mileage allowance etc. She loves the work because she is very 'people orientated' She works about 16-20 hours a week and claims to pick up £1000 per month (I don't know if that includes mileage though).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 1:11 pm 
Gimmie 6 !

thanks to some of you for the sensible replies, i will follow that up of yours miss B. Last one sounds ideal Jan other than our lass doesn't drive!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 2:35 pm 
Business not been so good outside Yellow Arch? I did tell you to shave your legs...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:16 pm 
Hawleytastic!

the boy hoy wrote:
thanks to some of you for the sensible replies, i will follow that up of yours miss B. Last one sounds ideal Jan other than our lass doesn't drive!!

I think you work in your local area - I will ask my friend - I'm sure she walks to a lot of her surveys and claims the allowance anyway :shock: . Will PM you if I find out any more info ....... but only if I can come and play in your back yard :wink: :*: :*:

Some more ideas on here: http://www.home-employment.co.uk/