Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: A little bit of history
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 9:34 am 
Hawleytastic!

I've just been looking through the website for the 1 in 12 Club in Bradford.

On the 15th January 1986 is Mr Morality / Pulp / Dig Vis Drill.

But what really amazed me was seeing on the same flyer, another gig for Pulp at the 1 in 12 Club in 1985. A few gigs further up is another headline band called I.C.I. This group was the Nine O'clock Service band and this was there second ever gig.

http://i626.photobucket.com/albums/tt34 ... 1-08-1.jpg

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:33 pm 
I need a life

...and on Thursday 10th my mates old band (the delightfully named) Toxic Shock, small world innit ;)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:04 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Interesting link. Wonder what happened to the hubcapstealers?

PostPosted: Mon Oct 26, 2009 11:19 am 
Regular

[quote="netheredge"]I've just been looking through the website for the 1 in 12 Club in Bradford.

On the 15th January 1986 is Mr Morality / Pulp / Dig Vis Drill.

not sure where to put this next tidbit ...if it is at all true...but a couple of weeks ago I was in a well known sheffield pub of a bygone age (name withheld due to advertising contractual agreements non forwarded at this time).. with my cousin (yeah yeah okay it's true ..I'm running out of relations to get a free beer these days...) and low and behold heard two guys seated at a table nearest my left ear talking about a potential enquiries for a venue for a Dig Vis Drill gig...I smiled to myself thinking that would never happen ..but then one of them went on to say that there would be a old band get together in November...I of course was ready for the location, date and time.. pencil and beer mat on the ready to record this information..when out of the blue the blinking barmaid came round collecting and clinking the empty beer glasses thus rendering my left ear unable to pick up the end of the conversation......so my plea to the world including Dave the Doorman from the 80s club The Limit is has anyone heard owt ?? if it is true.. maybe they could force The Pulp and Mr Morality to gig together on the same bill...that WOULD be cool...!!