Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 2:50 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Anyone know who Jass is?
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:27 am 
Regular

I have a cassette, it was given to me in 1985 by Jass...a smallish girl probably about 40 now...and was called The Set-Up. I have a feeling she was mates with people who may have been mates with Richard all from the same neck of the wood in Sheffield. She may have had lose connections with The Box or De-Tian type people. The music was a soundtrack recorded June 1985 it's labelled forced entertainment theatre co-operative.
I'd like to know a bit more about it as I forgot.

Also anyone know anything about de tian's op3 cassette. Side one percussive piano side 2 die bracken, die siren, es gibt and die bracken reprise. I got it off Paul when he visited a shop I worked in at the time.
Can't find anything about it anywhere.

www.cdlists.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 11, 2010 10:24 pm 
The Boss

that was Dave Thompson who i went to school with's group i haven't seen him for years

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:20 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I think they released a single as well at some point. I remember Dave Thompson giving me a copy of their first demo. It was made up of a bass riff & a car horn from what I can remember.Dave was influenced by the Cabs a lot & they rehearsed at Western Works for a while as well......as did Treebound Story if I'm not mistaken? Correct me if I'm wrong Richard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:27 am 
The Boss

no thats totally right,we rehearsed downstairs from the cabs,good times,although cold,i would like to see dave again but haven't a clue what he is up to or where he lives,his Mum and Dad used to live on Camel road,i have a tape or two of me and dave arsing about on his studio stuff somewhere,not bad as i recall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:30 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Dave Thompson introduced me to the Treebs & Felt, not a bad combination by anyone's standards.If you ever do see him then give him my best.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:59 pm 
The Boss

i introduced him to felt,he was into some boss music of his own,i have still got some stuff i bought off him,einsturzende neubauten thirsty animal for one,that is an insane record.dave was ahead of the pack i think we all gravitated towards each other at school cos all the others were what i called"balloon heads"....mortgage,career,kids,job blah blah fucking blah.......we all ended up there(thank fuck)but at 15 to be going on and on about all that shit was a bit much to say the least

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 14, 2011 11:54 pm 
Regular

Whoops... a very very belated thanks :-) The name of the girl hit me ten minutes ago. Does Jo Cammack ring any bells? I'm sure it was her who gave me the Jass tape.
And was Dave connected with Jass or was he with De-Tian?

www.cdlists.co.uk

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jan 16, 2011 1:26 am 
The Boss

no i think De tain was Paul Shaft but i am not 100% sure,i have a single somewhere,Jo used to sing with Jass i believe,Paul Infanti was involved as well as Dave Thompson,i played with them once or twice