Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:56 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 1:33 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

Boody sick of it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:57 pm 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Returned home from a balmy london this lunch time, to find it had dropped to -8 here last night. I went into the bathroom & discovered that my ballcock had frozen :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:02 pm 
Hawleytastic!

loftyeric2 wrote:
Returned home from a balmy london this lunch time, to find it had dropped to -8 here last night. I went into the bathroom & discovered that my ballcock had frozen :shock:

Need your thermals on Lofty! :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:15 pm 
Gentleman of floral persuasion

loftyeric2 wrote:

Minus 8......that's balmy,it was -14 in my car this morning and my ballcock nearly froze.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:15 pm 
Resident YouTube tech guru

They've frozen up an' all :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 7:38 pm 
Waitrose Warrior

Minus 15 on the way to work this morning :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:40 pm 
The Boss

walked the dog after being in the studio in the park in the dark,i nearly broke my fucking neck on black ice.....very very scary out there folks keep safe..... :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 07, 2010 10:48 pm 
Site Admin

black ice is lethal. Whats fucking me off about this weather is drivers out there who think they can still act like total cunts on the road with no regard or thought for anyone else. A good pal of mine got hit by a speeding motorbike last week who lost control cornering and went onto the path sending my mate flying into a garden, if the iron gates to the gaff had been closed he was told it would have been goodnight, he's fucked up good and proper not life threatening broken bones a plenty, he got lucky, moral of the story dont be a dick, you'll get there just take your fuckin time already.

For where you can't go
Mustang horses, champagne glasses
Anything frail anything wild
It's the price of living motion, what's beautiful is broken
And grace is just the measure of a fall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 11:12 am 
Hawleytastic!

My 78 year old mother slipped on the ice on the way back from the working mens club at the weekend. Nothing broken, just bruised, but she has agreed to put her stilettos away for a couple of weeks until the weather gets better. x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 2:31 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Still treacherous here. I live at the top of a hill and roll/skid down it every morning in the car praying my brakes will work and i'll stop at the bottom. unbelievable amount of wankers in cars driving up my arse to make me go faster.... idiots!.... and the council are useless as usual, where are the gritters?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:40 pm 
The Boss

helenwatson wrote:
My 78 year old mother slipped on the ice on the way back from the working mens club at the weekend. Nothing broken, just bruised, but she has agreed to put her stilettos away for a couple of weeks until the weather gets better. x

ha ha ha ha class........its horrible out there i have had a day off today,first one for months and i've got the fire on and am playin me guitar with the wood crackling away in the stove.......i am NOT going anywhere.....despite Billy Buckley playing in Sheffield tonight.....bugger

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 4:55 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Was supposed to fly to Edinburgh on Tuesday morning,got cancelled,now going up Thursday night.Today it is -17 where I am heading and I know what you are thinking and your right.............Soft Southerner. I don't want to go :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 5:26 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
helenwatson wrote:

ha ha ha ha class........its horrible out there i have had a day off today,first one for months and i've got the fire on and am playin me guitar with the wood crackling away in the stove.......i am NOT going anywhere.....despite Billy Buckley playing in Sheffield tonight.....bugger

Red, 3 inch high stilettos, mind. She's great, my mum. Her and my dad still go 'up the club' four or five nights a week, always dressed up. My mum has a few Mackesons and plays the bandit and my dad has brown and mild and talks war with the old boys. On New Year's Eve, my mum rings from the pub in the middle of the night to say happy new year. My dad is always pissed, usually wearing a policeman's hat for some reason. I watched Phoenix Nights with them once and they just didn't think it was funny, too much like real life for them. Love their bones – hope I'm like that when I'm their age.

Anyway, I've just got in from picking the kids up, it's already dark and freezing – -2 according to the weatherman. I've lit the fire and we're sitting in the dark, watching the flames go up the chimney. Some days, I just love winter. x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 08, 2010 10:14 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I'm pissed off cant go anywhere the paths and roads are covered in ice on our estate my poor son is bored out of his mind and so am I roll on the weekend when John's off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 12:57 am 
Hawleytastic!

helenwatson wrote:
...my dad has brown and mild...

Happy days - I used to drink it back in my underage days so I looked grown up :BEEEER

This was before that German lager beer appeared in my pub :oops:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 137 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next