Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:34 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: To travel or not
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 8:52 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

The wife and i are hoping to come to sheffield at the weekend, what do you think our chances of being able to get their are, we will be driving, we will be staying in the city centre, could anyone tell me how bad the snow is at the moment, we dont want to cancel our stay but if its going to be risky traveling then we may not have any choice, thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:21 pm 
Waitrose Warrior

Frankly it's bloody dodgy at the minute mate, they're advising people not to travel unless absolutely necessary or urgent, even the hospitals today have been telling people to stay away apart from dire emergencies today, no buses no nothing in most areas, haven't seen all the main roads but the ones i have seen today look extremely risky, hopefully it'll start picking up soon but right now it's not looking too good at all :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:29 pm 
Secretly Canadian

Whaere are you travelling from and where exactly city centre? Main roads in town *should* be ok by Saturday if the forecasts are right, just depends how much driving if any you want to do while you're here.

"you ain't afraid of no alleyway when you are the thing in the dark"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:02 am 
The Boss

the police are saying do not drive unless its absolutely urgent,i would leave it mate its evil up here

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:08 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Thanks for the replies, sadly we have cancelled our stay in the hotel, we had to give minimum 48 hours notice or lose our money.
Driving in the bad weather conditions doesnt worry me to much its just the length of time it may take us to get to sheffield , we were coming up saturday then going home sunday so if most of the time is spent driving then no point really, shame as we were really looking forward to it some time away without the kids, we will keep our eye on the outlook it maybe not to late to re-book if it changes, anyway thanks for the advice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:15 pm 
Waitrose Warrior

i think you made the right choice - better safe than sorry.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 5:47 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Finally got to sheffield centre yesterday afternoon, was going to cancel again as we got a load of snow in manchester on friday evening and on saturday morning, anyway we took our chance and drove to sheff we were amazed you hadnt had any snow thought you may have been buried in the stuff. We arrived in the city centre at 2.45 we struggled to get to our hotel as it was match day and roads were closed, we went for a drink in Fagans later on, surprised to see Mr Hawley in there and i presume a few forum members as well i recognised a few from photos posted on the forum, Luke, Dave Woodcock, and i thought maybe
Neil Mcsweeny, anyway we were going to say hello to Mr Hawley but didnt want to break his conversation with a guy with a stick on ginger beard. :shock: We went for a curry later on then few more drinks then back to the hotel. Up early for breakfast then off to Asda for the christmas booze shopping and some Hendos then the wife dragged me round Meadowhall then drove back home again to the lovely snow

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 11:11 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Oh by the way the man in Asda said hendos is in short supply is this true?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:12 pm 
Waitrose Warrior

stevo wrote:
we went for a drink in Fagans later on, surprised to see Mr Hawley in there and i presume a few forum members as well i recognised a few from photos posted on the forum, Luke, Dave Woodcock, and i thought maybe
Neil Mcsweeny, anyway we were going to say hello to Mr Hawley but didnt want to break his conversation with a guy with a stick on ginger beard. :shock: We went for a curry later on then few more drinks then back to the hotel. Up early for breakfast then off to Asda for the christmas booze shopping and some Hendos then the wife dragged me round Meadowhall then drove back home again to the lovely snow

yes mate, we were in on saturday eve, say hello next time :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:38 pm 
The Boss

the guy with the stick and ginger beard was Nick Banks,drummer from Pulp,i had a great night but have been ill ever since i feel vile :?