Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:48 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: The Beat is the Law
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 8:55 am 
Hawleytastic!

I thought this might of got a mention on here by now. The second installation of this brilliant documentary.

Because of the amount of TV documentaries about past glory days..I tend to be a bit skeptical and bored by all that.

Not so! Though the Manchester vs Sheffield sort of talk I found a bit weird because back in the 80's in Manchester...Sheffield sort of seemed a bit of a mystery town...with all these class A bands that were way beyond anything happening in Manchester...hence it was such a shock to the system when I moved there in 91 to find the place a dead hole.

I also have to mention the fucking Nine o'clock Service bit..Wow!..it was so nice to just to watch that..Very powerful and straight to the point...you have no idea how much I would of loved to add to that..ie Mr. Brains Charles Manson...'obsession' and moving from Sheffield to San Francisco with a flower in your hair to carry on his crazy goings on.

I suddenly find all this extremely rock 'n' roll...the black clad lycra girls, Sheffield to San Francisco and the moon goddess bit....fuck!

Either way an essential watch.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:03 am 
The Boss

i didn't put a link or mention it as i appear in it and didn't want to come across as vain........but it is a boss film,Eve asked me to go on the Radcliffe/Maconie show and talk about it but i couldn't as i was recording which was a shame.It was an interesting time,those were desperate times in a lot of ways,your only choice was music so the lines were defined.......i remember it very clearly and without rose tinted anything,my family were embroiled in the strikes and things were looking very bleak for a young lad from Firth Park and his mates,but there was a lot of hope too i was always impressed by how these bands could get it together to create such amazing music with so few resources,we used to rehearse in abandoned factories,warehouses and little mesters run down work shops,there were hundreds of them if you knew where to look..........i knew a LOT of friends who got caught up in that church bullshit it caused much concern in those that loved them to see them being used and we suspected abuse as well........thats only a tiny part of the story though........and there was so much more that inevitably got missed out of the equation too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:47 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Found this link - lots of interesting stuff http://www.thebeatisthelaw.com/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:45 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Looks amazing! Can't wait to see it.

I don't think anyone would ever think you were vain Richard so don't worry about that.