Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:07 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Thatcher is dead
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 6:36 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Pity it's chumbawamba - always hated them ever since they tipped paint over the Clash when they played outside Leeds university in 1985 because Joe and the boys had signed to EMI - unlike chumbawamba who did the same thing when they had their 'hit'. Ruined my beautiful secondhand suede jacket and spoiled my photos! Much better records to mark the parting of thatcher - Elvis Costello, The Beat, Blow monkeys, specials, .... I'm sure any death is sad for the family, but that women was responsible for the muppets in charge now....

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:06 pm 
Regular

efsb wrote:
This came today - that was quick!

Mine too - made hubby very happy!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:38 pm 
Too much time on my hands

http://youtu.be/9Znn5a-88tY

PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 1:41 pm 
Hawleytastic!

One disturbing by-product of Thatcher's demise has been a number of pictures of me on political protests in the 80s and 90s which have been unearthed by 'friends' and either put on FB, emailed to me or sent to my phone at ungodly hours. I thought I'd been doing pretty well on the aging front but now I realise that I am a self-deluded, decrepit fool who is slowly melting into a sagging bag of wrinkly shit, it's just that I hadn't noticed until this precise moment. Her evil offspring are ruining the country and the bitch is pissing on my youth from beyond the grave. x

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:43 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Richard Hawley wrote:
perhaps her funeral should be privatised?......I'm sure in the light of her cast Iron Lady ideals she wouldn't want to be a burden on our already over stretched tax paying citizens......although as there's no such thing as society maybe we'll be able to voluntarily donate if we wish or perhaps save it in the event of the loss of someone we love who needs our support?

I remember sometime back a thread about what should be done when she did eventually go, and the best suggestion was just to leave her where she dropped. And as to the people publicly calling for respect to be shown, how many of them a few weeks ago cheered the death of Hugo Chavez, I wonder?

I know what you mean about flinching at celebrating the death of a sick old woman, Mr. H; plenty of liberal Americans felt the same reluctance when Reagan finally shuffled off, and we'll see what kind of condition Brian Mulroney, our Canadian contemporary and fellow ideologue of those two, is in when it's his turn. But I'm sure my squeamishness will fade when I remember just how much he fucked us while in power, and it's guaranteed I'll feel that way again when our current PM kicks the bucket (but seeing as he's a robot, he won't die as such; his motherboard will just burn out).

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:59 am 
Hawleytastic!

The Metro, a freebie morning paper they give out on the Tube, had an on-line story about how Boris Johnston wants to erect a permanent memorial to Thatcher in a 'prominent position' in London. They were asking readers for suggestions as to where and the results were really funny – the first comment was "the bottom of the Thames" and the second was "up his arse"!

Despite the media's insistence that Britain is having a 'Diana moment' over her death, most people I think can see through their attempts to rewrite history. x

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:12 am 
Hawleytastic!

Some great stuff out there, providing an alternative to the Thatcher love-in.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2013 ... atcher#_=_

Who knew Russell Brand could be so eloquent? x

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:35 am 
Hawleytastic!

Mark Thomas - thanks for the reminder RB ..>

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 3:31 pm 
Hawleytastic!

See, I hate that. Someone who I had previously been quite happy to write off as a bit of a sex-obsessed twat, then I discover that they are intelligent, witty, even poetic. And then that person is Russell Brand. And he supports West Ham.

The boys at my work have decided that Jan Leeming was a bit of a sort in her day... x

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:11 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Ah, here's the real thread. I don't come into the Sheffield section much. Good riddance, she was no friend to Ireland, but I'm more concerned with international solidarity. Time to bury Thatcherism.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 6:50 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

No love lost here, but I find the gloating over her death, the organisation of parties to celebrate it, ghoulish and, frankly, disgusting.

Not because I had an ounce of repect or admiration for her - the opposite, I grew up in the heartland of what she sought to plunder and destroy, and I'm acutely aware that her legacy lives on, etc. etc.

It's just not how I would like to think of myself acting, to be honest.

And she died, stroke ridden, her mind lost, gone for years....her kids on the other side of the world, with no one around her who cared for her, albeit in luxury.

If she did have any comprehension of what was happening to her at the end then it would more than likely have been a feeling of bewilderment, terror and confusion.

That should be enough retribution for anyone.

Anyone raising their glass and whooping and screaming should think about whether,
if she was somehow able to be aware of the massive wave of hatred brought to the fore by her passing, she'd care?

Would she shite.

I will not be part of some frantic, baying cacophony - what on earth is the point? - I intend to maintain the Arthur Scargill approach, thinking my own thoughts and continuing in dignified silence.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:32 pm 
The Boss

Millwall FC has announced as a tribute to baroness Thatcher .....there will be a minutes violence at wembley on Saturday .

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:52 am 
Hawleytastic!

A bloke in my class at school had his ear torn off at a Millwall game...x

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 10:06 am 
Hawleytastic!

People have been misreading #thatchersdead, and have been mourning the loss of Cher! :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:56 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHQLQ1Rc_Js

No. 1 on Sunday? :shock:

http://www.officialcharts.com/chart-new ... op-5-2156/