Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 12:55 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 3:40 pm 

hi people please excuse me using this for negative reasons but please read on in the hope it may stop some other poor sucker………. i am desperately trying to let people know in sheffield about this company so they don't suffer the appalling fate we did. The company is run by Sam Black . we contracted them and paid in full for them to cater our wedding on saturday 28th june. They confirmed in a text all was ok the night before yet on the day they didn't turn up, didn't answer the phone or email messages and left us in a marquee in the middle of no where with no food and no glasses to serve our champagne. Utterly and completely despicable and just about ruining our day. I can't really say here what i truly think but what i can say is please do not trust this person - he has a lot of our money and had no intention of doing the work employed to do. but disregarding the money sam black simply ruined particularly my wifes big day. disgusting. if anyone knows anything about this person - particularly his home address i'd be very grateful.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 4:43 pm 
Hawley Groupie

sending pm

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:09 pm 
Too much time on my hands

I am sure you have already seen this but just in case you haven't:

http://www.cococatering.org.uk

I am not surprised you feel so angry and hope you have a wonderful honeymoon planned.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 10:00 am 
Hawleytastic!

Feel for you. This happened to me too, not with a wedding, with a funeral. My best friend died in quite tragic circumstances and, despite it being one of the most awful periods of my life, I had to find it from somewhere to organise the funeral arrangements and the wake after. When we arrived at the venue afterwards, the caterers hadn't turned up and kept us waiting for three hours, when they eventually arrived with barely enough food for ten people, let alone a hundred. To get them to do that, I'd had to have a screaming fit on the phone in the car park. Personally, I felt too sick to eat a thing but the tradition, the routine of things like this, people find quite comforting and important, especially as there were some older people there, who quite frankly had to eat or they'd have fallen over. Made one of the shittiest day of my life even shittier, completely unforgiveable. Try and put it all behind you, you have each other, get people together for gin and a pie later. All people care about really is that you have found each other. Be happy and best wishes for the future. xx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 11:23 am 
The Boss

I just want to add what a despicable act it is to accept the work and to con a couple right up till the last possible minute with them believing everything is ok for their wedding day just so you can take their hard earned money to prop your shitty business up,you appalling excuse for a human being I do hope you at least try to make things right......nuff said

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2014 8:37 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Rubbish that some people are happy to ruin such significant events.

At a recent family 18th the venue failed to mention when the booking was made that they were 18 plus only after 8 pm so we had a handful of 17 year olds who were told in no uncertain terms that they had to leave, even though it was a private party in a private room.

Thank goodness the person who's party it was had turned 18 the week before or they could have been asked to leave their own party!

You're only 18 once and this really took the shine off things, but thankfully the 18 year old is pretty mature and undramatic so although the night didn't get off to a good start, we managed to have a good evening in the end despite this.