Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:36 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 619 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 42  Next
 Post subject: Re: Henderson's Relish
PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:48 am 
Hawleytastic!

Will do!

Post subject: Re:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:56 pm 
'Thinks he's a bit of alright'

dlgladwin wrote:
On Sunday I was in York and passed The Yorkshire Pantry on High Petergate, where they had standard bottles of Hendo's, as well as the litre plastic refils, but they also had blue-and-white and red-and-white liveried bottles, for Wednesday and United respectively!

Image Image

Not seen those before.

The full Hendo's range at The Yorkshire Pantry is here:

http://www.theyorkshirepantry.com/produ ... elish.html

I have the one on the left. Id sooner go without Hendersons than use the one on the right though.

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 7:34 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Big Simon wrote:
I have the one on the left. Id sooner go without Hendersons than use the one on the right though.

So if you're ever given one of those you can send it to me. I'll strip the label off and use it like that. Because otherwise I see I'll never taste it. A friend of mine was living in Hull until earlier this month, and he had to catch his flight back in Manchester, so I asked him to try and get a bottle of Henderson's Relish on his way there, if not in Hull itself, but he couldn't do so (it seems he asked for it in the shop of some petrol station or lay-by, or the like).

(By the way, I was reading your post while listening to "I'm Looking for Someone to Find Me", and it looked as if the monkey in your avatar was playing it!)

Post subject: Re: Re:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:08 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Colombo wrote:
A friend of mine was living in Hull until earlier this month, and he had to catch his flight back in Manchester, so I asked him to try and get a bottle of Henderson's Relish on his way there, if not in Hull itself, but he couldn't do so (it seems he asked for it in the shop of some petrol station or lay-by, or the like).

If only you'd said!

They have loads of it at the Co-op in Hessle Square, which is an easy place to stop off before hitting the M62 on your way to Manchester from Hull.

Last edited by dlgladwin on Fri Apr 27, 2012 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:20 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Oh, what a pity! I hope my friend has made good friends in Hull and wants to visit them again soon, going there via Manchester 8). I'll let him now about that place.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 30, 2012 9:02 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Liking the new Pete McKee design for customised Hendos bottles on the upcoming tour

http://yfrog.com/kg2gdiasj

Will be seeking out a couple of those from the merch table.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 31, 2012 8:07 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I do hope he takes them abroad too. In that case I'd buy at least two, one to taste it and steam the label off afterwards, and another to keep it unopened. I like the howling (singing?) dog.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 10:47 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I wanted to bring some home with me on Sunday, but the woman in the hotel said you could only get it in Morrison's and the nearest Morrisons was in Hillsborough (I was near Meadowhall) and didn't have a clue how to get to Hillsborough from there. I asked again at the central station, but they couldn't help me there, but they did stock the Hendo's flavoured crisps. I tried them, but to honest I wasn't that impressed. :?

If I do go back to Sheffield - hoping to go on my birthday at the end of February, I'll do a proper look for Hendo's whilst doing the sights.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 12:58 am 
The Boss

thats a load of rubbish you can buy it in loads of places,i saw some the other day in a service station on scotland st,i agree about the Hendo's crisps they don't work for me either and i am addicted to the stuff i think my body would go into melt down if it didn't have a regular input of Guinness,nicotine and hendo's

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 8:57 am 
Too much time on my hands

I am addicted to Hendo's crisps. I have to stop myself from buying them. Although I will get a few bags in for Christmas. The woman in the hotel was definitely talking rubbish. There are loads of places that sell it.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 2:13 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I found a bag of Guinness flavour crisps in John Lewis the other day!
I was disappointed to see there was no alcohol content. But then, I can fix that with a glass of something appropriate.....

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 3:32 pm 
Site Admin

There's also Guinness chocolate - I've had the bar of milk chocolate with the caramel filling, still got the dark chocolate laced with Guiness to test.

I have tried the Wasabi flavoured chocolate - first time I have refused to eat more than one square of a bar.

Not yet tried the Marmite chocolate.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

PostPosted: Tue Dec 11, 2012 5:50 pm 
Too much time on my hands

I'm surprised that some of the posher London shops aren't selling it at £5.00 a go. :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:20 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

By the way, I must be the only good-for-nothing who has trouble trying not to stain everything when pouring the relish out of a bottle that seems specially designed to avoid precisely that. I've almost finished the bottle I bought when Richard came to Madrid, and so far the label is still pristine 8), but I'm sure the last serving will spoil it.

I'm thinking of ordering some more Hendo's through their web site, to be sent by post. But they only sell a minimum of one litre, it seems, so I'm going to look sort of immoderate with such a bottle on the table!

PostPosted: Thu Dec 13, 2012 1:37 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Colombo wrote:
I'm thinking of ordering some more Hendo's through their web site, to be sent by post. But they only sell a minimum of one litre, it seems, so I'm going to look sort of immoderate with such a bottle on the table!

Get yourself a little funnel and decant a bottleful at a time from the larger plastic bottles they use for mail order.

Obviously this will prolong your label agonies, but at least you'll be able to use it in moderation - the neck of those plastic bottles is about an inch wide!

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 619 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37, 38 ... 42  Next