Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:59 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 10:39 pm 
Newcomer

Hi,
New to the forum and to Richard's music.
Me and the wife saw Richard at the Symphony Hall in Birmingham last year and were spell-bound...especially the wobbly bloke dancing up stairs!

Have just got front row tickets for Leicester...feckin 'ell! (sorry)

Joe

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:42 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I remember the wobbly guy on the stairs - freely admitted to being pissed and made Richard jealous! :*:
Symphony Hall was so good we went out and got tickets for 4 more gigs and raced around the country after work for the next few weeks. It was great.
Just got De Montford and Oxford this time and we can't wait!
Richard's gigs certainly have the feel good factor.
I'm now known at work as "Richard Hawley's Stalker!" :*:
They just don't understand!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:18 pm 
Newcomer

Hi, I am well pissed off as I have 2 tickets for the Leicester gig on Monday and cannot go as I have to be at Leeds airport by 4:00AM. I was tempted to go anyway but I have decided my days of staying awake all night are well gone.
If there are a couple of genuine Hawley fans out there who perhaps couldn`t get tickets and will use them for their own enjoyment then I am happy to hand them over free of charge.
Just pop a couple of quid in a cancer research collection when you next see one.

By the way, I am a first time poster so none of you know me but I not some kind of predator, I run my own business in Nottingham and am a genuine fan of Richards music.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:27 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Welcome to the forum Brendan! :D

Sorry you can't go to the gig - you'll be missing a treat! You may find that most of the people on here already have their tickets, but you never know! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 12:47 pm 
Newcomer

Hi Baroness, thanks for the welcome. We saw Richard at Rescue Rooms in Nottingham during the Coles Corner tour and instantly went out and bought all the cd`s, he is now a close second to Springsteen in my eyes and ears, (I think Richard would settle for that). I was really looking forward to seeing him in a larger venue from a comfy seat without constantly neck craning around other people but the re-arranged date has buggered me.
I really hope someone can make use of the tickets and if you have any other ideas I would be grateful, should I post the offer in another section perhaps?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:06 pm 
Newcomer

Ooooh! Me! Me!! Me!!!! Pick me!!!!!!!!!! :*:

But seriously, my friend and I (both ardent fans of Mr. Hawleys') would be soooo thrilled if we could have the tickets and we would have no qualms whatsoever in making donations to your charity - please, please, pretty please?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:10 pm 
The Boss

welcome to you all shame you have to give the tickets away Brendan but good man for the cancer cause and curse anyone who takes them and doesn't do what you have asked thanks for the kind words :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:14 pm 
Site Admin

I've put someone in touch with Brendan and they will definitely be contributing to that charity.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:18 pm 
The Boss

thats good to know we had such a laugh in Southampton with the RNLI people we asked to turn up(Dempo our tour manager and i are mental about boats and he actually has one)they were all in their 70's or 80's and some of the classics they came out with were ace.

"i thought it was going to all men throwing guitars around and shouting..........but its really rather melodic"was one pearler.They were all very very well spoken,the poor old"Commadore"had to leave early as he was a little tired but his wife.who had NEVER been to a"Pop"concert was bopping away all night long they raised a shit load of cash to save lives at sea and all folks were happy :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:20 pm 
Newcomer

Does that mean he's already given the tickets away? *sobs* :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:24 pm 
Site Admin

ch1ckadee wrote:
Does that mean he's already given the tickets away? *sobs* :cry:

I don't know I'm afraid, they're in touch by e-mail so I'm not sure of the outcome. But this was some time this afternoon.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:36 pm 
Newcomer

Gutted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry:

If anyone out there has a couple of spare tickets for Monday's gig in Leicester, my friend and I would be eternally grateful. Please send me a pm letting me know how much you want for them.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:39 am 
Newcomer

Oh Chickadee!!! I feel like crap now. How can trying to do some good make you feel so shite??
Denise contacted me first and told me of her friend so I made a commitment I cannot break. I really hope you get tickets if only to make me feel a bit better.

Richard, thanks for the comment. Lost my brother recently to the bastard "C" and I know about your dad but you and I both still tab.
Thats some strange hold those little fuckers have over us.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 4:38 pm 
Newcomer

Sorry to hear about your brother, Brendan (and your Dad, Richard).

I completely understand if someone else contacted you first so please don't feel bad, especially as such a worthy cause will be benefiting in the process.

I'd fully intended to book tickets for Monday's gig but got so snowed under with work that I completely forgot! I was getting worried because when I looked online, all the seats closest to the stage appeared to be sold out. I'd have bought seats further back but since this is the first time my friend and I would be seeing him live, we wanted to be as close as was legally possible! :*:

Oddly enough, though, when I phoned the Box Office today I was told that only a certain number of tickets are allocated online which means that even though certain areas seem to be sold out, they're not. :eh?

Aaaaanyway, (long story short) I now have two seats six rows from the stage in the stalls - huzzah!!!!!!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 5:00 pm 
Newcomer

great news chickadee, have a great time. Only seen the fella once myself but my mate and I agreed it was one of the best we had seen for sheer quality of music, atmosphere and Richards between song banter.
He ballsed up the intro to Bad Sign though, laughed and carried on. Trooper.
Have a great time, I know you will. I will have to wait for the next tour.