Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:26 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:33 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Richard Hawley wrote:
Moley ignore anyone who goes on about where your from they are morons,i don't like that kind of talk(its ok if its a joke of course you soft southern shandy drinking pufters)but if serious its out of order i have lots of friends from all over the country all that shite is a waste of time hope you enjoy the gig :wink:

Blimey this has hit a real nerve - so firstly my apologies to anyone on the forum who was offended by my comments on the "Oxford" thread, and secondly I hope that my comments in a PM will clarify what I was alluding to - and a response in light of the above would be welcome :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 9:31 am 
Hawley Groupie

Great night last night! :D :D

Among many other songs I loved the beginning of Serious, (and the rest of it!), Our Darkness, Just like the rain. And all the guys playing their instruments to perfection.

(What was with the people talking at the back towards the end, though? People invited by NME that weren't really listening?)

Thanks Richard!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:51 am 
Hawleytastic!

Jet wrote:

(What was with the people talking at the back towards the end, though? People invited by NME that weren't really listening?)

I loved Richard's comments about the guest list............. :D :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 12:00 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I agree with everything The Baroness and Dawoodcock have said. It was a fantastic performance and the guys do, indeed, get better. Although they perfom like a well oiled machine, they deliver something fresh and new every time with each gig seeming to out perform the last.

The three of us were spellbound from the first note - I was absolutely gobsmacked once again. it struck me that we must have looked exactly like Richard's pic earlier in this thread! I have some fab pics and will post them later as I am currently in the office and can't connect my camera.

The set list was a perfect mix of old and new, all delivered with passion and professionalism. As ever, I had tears in my eyes during Clive's heart-rending performance in 'I'm so lonesome'. 'Something Is' also made me cry this time :cry: Laughter, tears, energetic foot-tapping (that would have broken out into dancing if there had been room!) :*: - and even glasses of water passed into the crowd by the security guys .... what more can you ask from a gig?

Absolutely AWESOME! I wish the guys could see their performance from the audience's perspective :D

Only five days to York! :Hoorah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:18 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Just have to add my congratulations to Richard and the band. They were truly superb. It was a fantastic surprise to see Clive on stage again too. I saw him at the iTunes gig in London and wondered if they would do "I'm so Lonesome I could cry" again. So a real bonus. I did think that they might play "You don't miss your water", but hey you can't have it all.

The Missus thoroughly enjoyed herself too, so I'm quids in on the Valentine's Day brownie points. Many thanks Mr. H and the band.

Saving up for Albert Hall now... :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 4:02 pm 
Hawleytastic!

A fairly factual report on the gig................ http://www.nme.com/news/vincent-vincent-and-the-villains/34336

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:35 pm 
Site Admin

Link to the other support group's My Space

http://www.myspace.com/mapsmusic

Unfortunately for me their songs all seemed to sound the same and the vocals were so subdued as to be almost inaudible. I thought that might have been their chosen style, but on here the vocals are to the forefront. For once I think I prefer the recorded sound to the live sound.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:57 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Jan H wrote:
I agree with everything The Baroness and Dawoodcock have said. It was a fantastic performance and the guys do, indeed, get better. Although they perfom like a well oiled machine, they deliver something fresh and new every time with each gig seeming to out perform the last.

The three of us were spellbound from the first note - I was absolutely gobsmacked once again. it struck me that we must have looked exactly like Richard's pic earlier in this thread! I have some fab pics and will post them later as I am currently in the office and can't connect my camera.

The set list was a perfect mix of old and new, all delivered with passion and professionalism. As ever, I had tears in my eyes during Clive's heart-rending performance in 'I'm so lonesome'. 'Something Is' also made me cry this time :cry: Laughter, tears, energetic foot-tapping (that would have broken out into dancing if there had been room!) :*: - and even glasses of water passed into the crowd by the security guys .... what more can you ask from a gig?

Absolutely AWESOME! I wish the guys could see their performance from the audience's perspective :D

Only five days to York! :Hoorah

That's right Jan, go on, rub it in :cry: ... however, we do have York!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:42 pm 
Hawleytastic!

:*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:21 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I tried to catch each of the lads, but Shez came out a bit too dark - a great pity as he was wearing a really gorgeous suit ... it didn't detract from his guitar playing though - the lapsteel was amazing, as ever :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:28 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Brilliant pictures, Jan! Glad you had a good time :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:32 pm 
Site Admin

Same here, Shez was too far away to get decent pictures.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:35 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I concentrated on Clive's nostril - it was very photogenic! :*:
(Snapper eat your heart out!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:39 pm 
Too much time on my hands

:*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:50 am 
Hawleytastic!

Wonderful pictures Jan! :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 71 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next