It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:19 pm 
I.....Need.....A.....Life

Like what ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 7:24 pm 
Hawleytastic!

For those of you forum readers a bit puzzled, its an extract from an Observer interview with Richard on travel from January this year..............

http://www.guardian.co.uk/travel/2008/jan/20/mytravels

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:00 pm 
The Boss

for one the light changes its brighter,not all the time,but when its sunny its so much brighter i think than the rest of britain maybe thats why so many painters go to Cornwall,i feel a lot calmer there than anywhere else i have visited in the world.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2008 9:07 pm 

You never talk shit...........................................................................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 9:30 am 

Sorry Richard...that was a really uncouth. .............( the Tangle foot loosened my tongue last night)

I meant to say....you are spot on about the 'light'.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 12:07 pm 
Regular poster

"Florida is 5,000 square miles of Blackpool and terrible racism"

:*: :*: :*: :*: :*:

Like all dreams it started in someone's heart and moved, intravenously, to their head.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:05 pm 
The Boss

beeshette wrote:
You never talk shit...........................................................................

that was when i was sober.................. :shock:

no i was being serious.if a little over serious,the bottom line is i just like Cornwall and feel relaxed there is a simpler and less full of shit way to look at it,the mrs and the kids like it too

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 2:19 pm 
Chief Poodlewhacker

I LOVE that martin Parr exhibition. It was out when I'd just started photography at college, and I got to meet him at the exhibition for it, a very accommodating chap. Still remains one of my favourite ever books/exhibitions.

I have to say though that i'm not keen on the pic of you on lady's bridge though. I was quite interested to see he was doing it, but just not sure I liked it that much in the end. (sorry if i'm appearing critical, just an opinion). I don't know if its because I have MP down as a consumate observationalist, but with the technique to make you look at stuff literally in a different light. I think i found the pic a little too contrived- but this is as much to do as my preconceptions of him as a photographer as anything.

I'd be interested to hear more about the shoot though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 4:11 pm 

It's really relaxed and laid back here.......................I still wear a shell suit...............and nobody comments.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:37 pm 
The Boss

bit like half of Sheffield then

The actual photo of the album cover was THE LAST shot of a two day shoot(as in THE LAST photo taken)i had done with martin Parr,he was a great guy to work with,i wanted journalistic realism type of photo's but thats a thin line to walk really,we did loads and loads,sometimes it works like the late night final cover i couldn't stage that if i tried.Martin took the picture at the end of the session it wasn't a set up"set"the club 60 stage was just like that as they'd had a party or something the night before,i was fuckin knackered and John Trier our keyboard player gave me a few cans of guinness cos he's a nice lad and they slipped down a treat i think i was talking to him with my guitar out of its case just playing and talking in between,we talked for a while about stuff while martin just walked round club 60 snapping away at whatever he liked,i went for a piss and left my guitar on the chair which martin snapped then just sat in the chair supping Guinness martin just kept snapping away and it was all very natural no-one said"put your leg there and your guitar there"so i don't mind it at all,i appreciate not everyone will like it but i please myself to be honest and then if i am happy and i haven't tried pleasing any other fucker then i know i can believe in it,i NEVER think about what anyone will think thats the slippery slope been through that bollocks with other things in the past WRONG HEADEDNESS.......i WILL record music no one likes and i WILL probably get bad reviews............fuck it.I will be dead one day and at least i know i WILL never compromise and the eternal sleep will be a peaceful one

right its Sunday its pissing it down i am goin to have me tea and watch Dr Who wi me kids tarra

Last edited by Richard Hawley on Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:43 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:40 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I like it - you just look very relaxed............. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:44 pm 
The Boss

i think the word love.............is pissed...and very fuckin tired i felt like i was on acid you know how weird you can feel when you're really fucked?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:46 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

I like all the album covers, it's the sort of stuff I like to do - and it's quite difficult to get results that look natural, as if there wasn't anyone there with a big black camera and a long lens!

I can't imagine RH letting ANYTHING go that he didn't like....it's representing him, after all - so every album cover must show how he felt at the time.

The Ladysbridge cover is one of my faves and I think it goes great with the songs too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 7:57 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
i think the word love.............is pissed...and very fuckin tired i felt like i was on acid you know how weird you can feel when you're really fucked?

Sorry - didn't mean to offend! :!:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2008 8:46 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
bit watch Dr Who

I'd like to see RH in a guest spot on Dr Who............. just imagine..........

Wales - present day - the set of Flick............... the undead Johnny is the real thing instead of just an actor in makeup................... goes on a rampage destroying record shops and zombifying all DJ's in his path.............

The Master is trying to rid the world of decent music................ :*:

Donna falls for RH cos he's as forthright as her - and RH is the one whose life is forever changed by contact with the Doctor - and decent music is saved for future generations.................. Mute changes its logo from a cube to a Tardis....................... :*:

I'll get me coat............. or should that be a very long stripey scarf? :? :D