Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:27 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Scumbag Thugs...
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:52 am 
Hawley Groupie

Perfect place to get this off my chest....

My mum has a really nice B&B in Mid Wales... old stone building in a really nice little welsh market town. It's kind of a great example of what makes Britain look so darn beautiful.... I live in the USA these days and when I pop back every now and then, I just really realise what I'm missing.

EXCEPT... last Friday night, a bunch of pissed-up, brain-dead pondlife decided to sling a fire extinguisher through my mum's front window. Completely smashing it of course, along with the original old frame, plus a teapot collection my mum had collected over the years, one of which was a really nice china one which was around about the only thing my mum had left from my nan, who passed away a few years ago.

Now my mum lives alone (obviously unless there are guests, which there usually are except unfortunately this night), so you can imagine how scared and upset she was. And here's me, sitting 4,500 miles away, can't do a sodding thing about it.

And that's why I'll probably never go back to the UK to live long term. When I lived there, I had a nice house, in what is supposedly one of the nicer places to live - having worked my f*cking arse off to get a foot on the ladder in life. But every week, some little wanker would set fire to something, throw a brick through my car window, throw paint on stuff, steal plants, rob my garage, and this happened constantly to me and my neighbours. I think I became desensitized to it, but looking back, I'm amazed I never thrashed one of the little tw*ts to with an inch of their lives.

You can say what you like about America with it's so-called crime culture, guns, and what have you... but where I live, I can literally leave the door open, nothing bad has happened since I've lived here... not one, single solitary bad thing, and that's nearly 5 years.

It's such a cliche to say "what's the world coming to", I'm not quite old enough yet... but the tragic thing about the UK is that it is a beautiful place with some amazing, generous, kind people. But it's this small minority of cretins who won't be happy until they're smashed up every single phonebox, bus stand, you name it.

And as for what happened to my mum... I don't know if I'm more sad or angry, but I know it's effing frustrating... :(

the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 8:26 am 
Gimmie 6 !

fucking scum, people like this should be strung up, make peoples lives a misery for no reason at all.

someone stole our paper bin other week and torched it in the park burning a big plant in there two.

Mindless fucking idiots.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:25 am 
Newcomer

I am so very sorry to hear about what has happened to your mum and, indeed, a very bleak picture can be painted about many parts of the UK. However, I need to look at the other side of the coin and defend our Island nation a little. Where I live I can exist in exactly the same way you described. I can leave my house and car unlocked and feel very safe. Kids go to a decent state school and we have also worked our a**es off for what we have. It's not perfect - we have a few lads being a pain in cars - but on the whole I wouldn't swop the UK for anywhere else on earth- warts and all.

I don't live in some leafy suburb but on the outskirts of Portsmouth - a city with its fair share of problems but an amazing heart.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:52 am 
Hawleytastic!

Sorry to hear about that Speedyvespa................I hope your mum is getting over the shock............... :?

Its a pack mentality with some kids these days - on their own they wouldn't do anything like that but get them in a crowd............ :roll:

Not all kids are like that of course, but we only hear about the horrible ones.............

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:41 pm 
Hawley Groupie

The Baroness wrote:
Sorry to hear about that Speedyvespa................I hope your mum is getting over the shock............... :?

Its a pack mentality with some kids these days - on their own they wouldn't do anything like that but get them in a crowd............ :roll:

Not all kids are like that of course, but we only hear about the horrible ones.............

Well that's the problem isn't it... most kids are just great people. But because of this arseholes, and the stupid media coverage that goes with it, innocent kids get the 'guilty before innocent' treatment which makes it all the more tragic... a theme touched upon by our Richard in "Tonight, The Streets Are Ours" no less. Wasn't all that long ago I was in that category and it was a pain in the arse... being followed around "just in case", thrown out of shops for no reason. Nobody says life is fair I know, but these vermin just seem to love to crank that up as much as they can.

the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:48 pm 
Hawley Groupie

Kezmo wrote:
I am so very sorry to hear about what has happened to your mum and, indeed, a very bleak picture can be painted about many parts of the UK. However, I need to look at the other side of the coin and defend our Island nation a little. Where I live I can exist in exactly the same way you described. I can leave my house and car unlocked and feel very safe. Kids go to a decent state school and we have also worked our a**es off for what we have. It's not perfect - we have a few lads being a pain in cars - but on the whole I wouldn't swop the UK for anywhere else on earth- warts and all.

I don't live in some leafy suburb but on the outskirts of Portsmouth - a city with its fair share of problems but an amazing heart.

No need to defend anything, Kezmo... there are parts of Britain that still are like that I'm sure. And apparently 2 or 3 years ago you would have said the same about where my mum lives by all accounts. Maybe I'm just unlucky with the places I've lived and visited, but there just does seem to be this problem where you get one small gang and idiots in a town and it goes to shit, and nobody does anything about it.

Really... I would defend the UK too, so there is no reason to defend. I'm just upset at what happened and the frame of mind it puts me in.

England with all thy faults, I love thee still--
My country! and, while yet a nook is left
Where English minds and manners may be found,
Shall be constrained to love thee.

- William Cowper

the end.

Last edited by speedyvespa on Fri May 02, 2008 3:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 1:51 pm 
Hawley Groupie

The Baroness wrote:

Well these people were probably not what I'd call 'kids', that would be an insult to young people everywhere :) they were over 18 anyway. Which is all the more weird, right?

the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:15 pm 
The Boss

its very hard not to get freaked out by this kind of thing,i had some mong throw a brick through my window in the old house,i had the deep satisfaction of kicking his fucking head in though,i am so sorry for you and your Mum mate thats awful she must be very nervous i can only give you my kind regards sadly i can't hammer the shit out of them which is all they deserve or would understand

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:48 pm 
Hawleytastic!

speedyvespa wrote:
Well these people were probably not what I'd call 'kids', that would be an insult to young people everywhere :) they were over 18 anyway. Which is all the more weird, right?

Not wierd at all I reckon...........there were some young chaps that were asked politely to leave a pub in our area as the landlord was about to close up on St Georges Day - so in retaliation they rammed their 4 x 4 into the pub several times - just about missing the staff who were clearing up.............. and destroying the 300 year building...........

And all because it was closing time and they were reluctant to leave! I was gobsmacked when I read that in the local paper last night.................. :roll: :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 2:49 pm 
The Boss

morons

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:10 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Really sorry to hear about this... It's perfectly understandable that people get scared of kids with this kind of stuff happening. It's still not nice getting followed round shops, though.

Someone chucked a fire extinguisher through one of the downstairs windows at our school. One of our students, actually. They expelled him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:29 pm 
Hawley Groupie

Richard Hawley wrote:
its very hard not to get freaked out by this kind of thing,i had some mong throw a brick through my window in the old house,i had the deep satisfaction of kicking his fucking head in though,i am so sorry for you and your Mum mate thats awful she must be very nervous i can only give you my kind regards sadly i can't hammer the shit out of them which is all they deserve or would understand

Hey Richard thanks for the thought - I'll pass it onto my mum, I think that'll cheer her up a bit, actually! Something of a fan and all that.

the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:44 pm 
I.....Need.....A.....Life

Yeah...our village shop was broken into by a load of ruffians.....some old girl said she heard something but was too scared to come out.
It was like returning to Britain in the blitz for about a week....the shop ,all blacked out with plywood...............until the shopkeeper could sort the window........needless to say the culprits were never found.................................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 3:45 pm 
The Boss

its an awful part of modern life having to deal with idiots who haven't been taught how to behave by their equally idiotic parents probably,hope your Mum feels better soon and i hope she can get over it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:22 pm 
Hawley Groupie

If I was in trouble at school , I was automatically in trouble at home for being in trouble at school - whether it was right or wrong.

Now some parents go rushing in to school to confront teachers because their "little angels" are in trouble.

I can't believe the parents in Warrington who tried to stand up for their kids who had just kicked a father-of-three to death.
". . .mother Margaret defended the trio of thugs, describing them as `decent'. She said her son was `not as bad as he's being made out to be'. And she said the killing, `a thing which went tragically wrong', destroyed her life."
UNBELIEVABLE!