Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:48 pm 
Hawleytastic!

matchfacts wrote:
stand up for their kids who had just kicked a father-of-three to death.
". . .mother Margaret defended the trio of thugs, describing them as `decent'. She said her son was `not as bad as he's being made out to be'. And she said the killing, `a thing which went tragically wrong', destroyed her life."
UNBELIEVABLE!

I hadn't heard that.......... :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:51 pm 
The Boss

sadly very believable if you don't love your kids and show them the way this is the shit that happens its so easy to hate but a lot harder to love i have found

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 4:54 pm 
I.....Need.....A.....Life

Yeah when I was at school .....................there was the cane and the slipper if you were really bad. We only had a couple of 'bad eggs' and they got expelled for killing a cat with fireworks............................When the headmaster walked through the corridors , with his robes flowing, we were all in awe and the respect was there.................maybe I'm just being nostalgic..................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:04 pm 
The Boss

i think it was fear more than respect i got cained and slippered at school and i think its abhorent to be honest violence begets violence beating kids is evil i love my children and they know right from wrong and me and my mrs have raised them with love not fear

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 5:11 pm 
Hawley Groupie

Richard Hawley wrote:
i think it was fear more than respect i got cained and slippered at school and i think its abhorent to be honest violence begets violence beating kids is evil i love my children and they know right from wrong and me and my mrs have raised them with love not fear

Yep, my headmaster banned corporal punishment years before the government did, but there wasn't one kid who didn't crumble into a quivering wreck if 'pegleg' Butterworth lost his rag at you. He just had that authority 'thing'... and we all knew although he could be scary, he was totally doing what he did for us and he cared. To this day, I don't know how he pulled that one off, but I'm ever grateful for it... not sure I would have said that quite so quickly at the time...!

the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 6:58 pm 
Hawleytastic!

and this is exactly why i've gone into education. if i can stop one of these kids a year going off the rails, i'll be happy. it's the parents fault. you wouldn't believe the problems we have with them as they just overide anything we try to do.

i've just been asked to get involved in a new education project called s.e.a.l. social, emotional, acedemic(?) learning. it teaches them the rights and wrongs and whys and wherefores in life and i'm well up for it. i'll do my bit to make britian a better place. christ, i sound like david cameron, somebody shoot me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:09 pm 
Hawley Groupie

Just heard from mum (the 'other' Boss...) I'm sure she wouldn't mind me posting this on here... well, almost sure :shock:

Quote:
He's a little gem is our Richard! I couldn't have put it better myself only I wouldn't have used a couple of his words..............not at my age anyway, it doesn't seem to suit the nearing 60's!! There was a time though when those very words would have 'rolled off the tongue' without a second thought but don't tell anybody!!!

Thanks, Richard, seems like you put a bit of a smile on her face!

:D

the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:13 pm 
Hawleytastic!

:D I bet that made her day! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:41 pm 

Richard Hawley wrote:
its abhorent to be honest violence begets violence beating kids is evil i love my children and they know right from wrong and me and my mrs have raised them with love not fear

My boy just laughs at me if I say no...............I guess I've got a lot of work to do....................................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 7:45 pm 
Hawley Groupie

beeshette wrote:
My boy just laughs at me if I say no...............I guess I've got a lot of work to do....................................

You have my sympathy... raising a kid well these days with all the crap on the telly and everywhere else, it must be the hardest job in the world.

When I was a kid, I wasn't allowed to touch the telly - turn it on, off, change channels, nothing. I always thought that was strange (as did my mates) but completely see the wisdom in it now...!

the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 9:33 pm 

speedyvespa wrote:
You have my sympathy... raising a kid well these days with all the crap on the telly and everywhere else, it must be the hardest job in the world.

When I was a kid, I wasn't allowed to touch the telly - turn it on, off, change channels, nothing. I always thought that was strange (as did my mates) but completely see the wisdom in it now...!

No............. I had to play outside all the time...and if I was allowed to watch TV it was usually something brainnumbing like 'Poldark'............................Now I'm older I'm kindof glad......cos I really don't need TV the radio is much more informative and allows for an imagination.Sadly my lad......well he loves TV............when our decrepit set dies which is on the cards..then I don't even think we will bother to replace it..........................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:48 pm 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Sorry to hear what happened to your mum speedyvespa. On the positive side, mum's are made of pretty strong stuff I find, so I hope she'll soon get over the shock & upset of it all. My mum once came face to face with an 'intruder' at the window in the middle of the night. Bless her, she rang the main number for the police station, as she thought she might be 'told off' for dialling 999!

What annoys me when they catch people such as this - they send them on holiday or a car maintenance course :evil: My argument here is that there are many kids who never get into any trouble & would love a reward like that, but being decent they don't qualify. :eh?

We had a window broken late one night a few years ago. we were sitting just on the other side of it. Very scary. I envy Richard being able to give his culprits a good hiding. Ours ran off too fast. And I'm a bloody coward in any case!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:55 am 
Hawley Groupie

loftyeric2 wrote:
Sorry to hear what happened to your mum speedyvespa. On the positive side, mum's are made of pretty strong stuff I find, so I hope she'll soon get over the shock & upset of it all. My mum once came face to face with an 'intruder' at the window in the middle of the night. Bless her, she rang the main number for the police station, as she thought she might be 'told off' for dialling 999!

What annoys me when they catch people such as this - they send them on holiday or a car maintenance course :evil: My argument here is that there are many kids who never get into any trouble & would love a reward like that, but being decent they don't qualify. :eh?

We had a window broken late one night a few years ago. we were sitting just on the other side of it. Very scary. I envy Richard being able to give his culprits a good hiding. Ours ran off too fast. And I'm a bloody coward in any case!!

Thanks for the kind words, Eric... the comments people have been kind enough to leave here do actually help. My mum was all cheered up with what Richard said especially, because I think he just reminds her of when the world was a better place. If I know my mum I think she'll probably have a look to see where all this is taking place so it's appreciated.

(If you are reading mum... hate to break it to you but I do remember the occasional effing and blinding that took place from time to time... but it's OK, the pope would swear if he lived with our Chris! :))

the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 1:42 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I hope your mum is recovering from her shock Speedyvespa; I can't imagine how she must have felt. I'm constantly astounded at how badly a certain minority of people can behave towards other human beings.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:34 pm 
Hawley Groupie

Just got off the phone from the boss, sounds like Richard and all his own would be getting free cream teas and B&B if they took a trip to Dolgellau... blimey, even *I* have to pay... :shock:

the end.