Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:42 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Warm up artists
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:15 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Hi again Rich,

Since seeing Kate Walsh warm up for you in Liverpool last year, I've become a big fan of hers; I was just wondering how you go about deciding on warm up artists for your shows? Is it a case of artists approaching you with offers, do your label pair you with them, or do you choose them through listening to their music yourself? To be honest it's something I've often wondered before, but I was so bowled over by her music I just wondered whether she was someone you discovered yourself? Hope to see you back in Liverpool soon, I thought the Phil was a great venue, but until then I'll be catching you again in Warrington :D

All the best Rich

8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:07 pm 
The Boss

cheers mate i get sent loads of CD's and listen to them and choose sometimes i liked Kate straight away she's ace and a lovely lass too,sometimes i will just hear someone in a bar Jim Gipson who supported me recently,is ace by the way,i heard him in an office of a rep who happened to be his manager i immediately said lets give this guy a break he doesn't have a deal or anything i just like him.A lot of the time you get twats at record companies who offer"tour support"money basically that goes straight into the headliners arse pocket which i find immoral to say the least,thats why you sometimes get corporate shit supporting big bands.I have NEVER done this and actually threatened to leave certain bands i was in for even thinking about it.The Sugars i heard and totally loved them they're a great band trying something totally different,i just love music made with heart passion and soul.......and honesty..the end...see thi in warrington oh and sorry it took a while to answer your question

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:11 pm 
Site Admin

hmm, The Stones actually charge a fortune for bands to support them, I have respect for artists who give others a break not greedy shit like that. Its not like jagger & co. need the money anyway is it ?

For where you can't go
Mustang horses, champagne glasses
Anything frail anything wild
It's the price of living motion, what's beautiful is broken
And grace is just the measure of a fall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 6:15 pm 
The Boss

that is rare bad they could give someone a break i hate the music industry sometimes

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 9:14 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Richard Hawley wrote:
that is rare bad they could give someone a break i hate the music industry sometimes

Yeah Rich, look how Joe Meek shunned Geoff Goddard with "Have I the right", he was desperate for a hit and would do anything at this stage to get one in the bag.
But that's life full of worms needling into others talent.
Cheers
Chris

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 10:35 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I've really enjoyed all of the support bands who have appeared on tour with you; Kate Walsh was probably my favourite and Jim Gipson was ace :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:02 pm 
The Boss

daisy Kitty and lewis are the support for the Albert hall i love those three i think they are awesome so young and so brilliant i haven't got their cd but i have heard it its well worth getting by the way folks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:07 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Love the cover - look forward to hearing them

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 11:47 pm 
Regular

Eoin wrote:
hmm, The Stones actually charge a fortune for bands to support them, I have respect for artists who give others a break not greedy shit like that. Its not like jagger & co. need the money anyway is it ?

The Stones' support acts also have to buy tickets if they want to watch the main show...which is a bit off. Michael Cohl has a lot to answer for.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 12:18 am 
Hawleytastic!

Kate Walsh was great support - very understated, wry without that whole bratschool crap going on. Jim G was also very sweet (it's my age). Really looking foward to daisy, kitty and lewis - saw a great review of them in the last few months, love the look and whole sassiness thing going on. :D

:roll: :D :D Just a thought. Am I going to get to see Daisy, Kitty and Lewis three times in one week? Are they just supporting you at RAH or will they be at Warrington, Derby and Perth with you? And for the Perth gig is it going to be you n Shez or do we get Colin, Dean and Jon too?!

Sorry for the questioning but just realised it's less than a fortnight now :Hoorah

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 9:44 am 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
daisy Kitty and lewis are the support for the Albert hall i love those three i think they are awesome so young and so brilliant i haven't got their cd but i have heard it its well worth getting by the way folks

Not heard them but like the look of that cover very much! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 10:21 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

catsandbooks wrote:
Kate Walsh was great support - very understated, wry without that whole bratschool crap going on. Jim G was also very sweet (it's my age). Really looking foward to daisy, kitty and lewis - saw a great review of them in the last few months, love the look and whole sassiness thing going on. :D

:roll: :D :D Just a thought. Am I going to get to see Daisy, Kitty and Lewis three times in one week? Are they just supporting you at RAH or will they be at Warrington, Derby and Perth with you? And for the Perth gig is it going to be you n Shez or do we get Colin, Dean and Jon too?!

Sorry for the questioning but just realised it's less than a fortnight now :Hoorah

Do you want advanced notice of the setlist too? :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 11:18 am 
Hawleytastic!

:*: I do like to know what to expect ... although the occasional surprise is nice.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 6:35 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:

wow

http://www.myspace.com/kittydaisyandlewis

they are great

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 8:11 pm 
Hawleytastic!

They played on Blue Peter.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HN93y7178k

Bless.