Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:21 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:09 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I'd better grow out of it, it's driving me mental :cry:

My dad's had it since he was ten, though.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:14 pm 
Resident YouTube tech guru

I get something called Neoclarityn - tablets, & a nasal spray from the doctor. They work like magic and don't make you fall asleep. You can get them over the counter but the price is extortionate. :wink:

Post subject: Re: Hayfever!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 1:57 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

DisneyTime wrote:
My eyes are running, nose itching, throat throbbing... Will have flared up old asthma by tomorrow. :cry: I'm in by myself trying to cure hayfever with dark chocolate. It isn't working.

Don't suppose anybody's got a miracle cure?

Move to the North Pole :D

My daughter suffers terribly - she's gone through her GCSE's feeling like shit - she tries different medication, it may or may not work, and even if it does she seems to become immune after a while.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:03 pm 
Hot piece of Sheffield ass!

Apparently Arizona is a great place to live if you have severe allergies...might be because the landscape looks like the surface of Mars, bit of an extreme move though.

Post subject: Re: Hayfever!!
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:07 pm 
Hawleytastic!

maggie wrote:
Move to the North Pole :D

My daughter suffers terribly - she's gone through her GCSE's feeling like shit - she tries different medication, it may or may not work, and even if it does she seems to become immune after a while.

:*: It's everything I love in a plan: simple, effective, sensible...

And the same thing's happened to me. I've managed to load myself with enough anti-allergy thingies not to be the phantom sneezer in every exam (there's always one), but I've felt terrible for weeks. Yesterday just pushed it over the edge. I'm liking that North Pole idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:22 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

It works out VERY expensive as well......I would imagine you're in the same way as my girl, if you went to the docs every time you needed some medication you'd never be away, so you end up paying 6 or 7 quid for an over the counter remedy that probably won't work!!!

It's awful, really spoils the enjoyment of the summer for you :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jun 07, 2008 2:25 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Yep. That's one of the many reasons I love being in the sea in summer. Much less grass there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 9:54 am 
Hawleytastic!

I have had hay fever for years, but a few years ago I read an article which said that if you take a daily teaspoon of honey from your local area you will eventually build up a resistance to local pollen. Biologically, I don't understand how it could work, and my but I found a farm that supplies local honey and started to have honey and lemon in hot water every morning (teaspoon of honey and hjuice from half a lemon) and I only rarely now have hay fever. The article recommended that you start the 'remedy' during the winter months though ... maybe worth a try next year? You have my sympathy :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:15 am 
Hawleytastic!

I now have an image of disneytime scouring the streets of Glasgow in search of a beehive :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:43 am 
Hawleytastic!

catsandbooks wrote:
I now have an image of disneytime scouring the streets of Glasgow in search of a beehive :*:

Hahaha... Well, now you've said that, so do I. I'm not technically in Glasgow, though, I'm just outside. There are fields and everything.

And thanks, Jan. Any excuse for honey and lemon. I'll give it a go next time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:39 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

Jan H wrote:
I have had hay fever for years, but a few years ago I read an article which said that if you take a daily teaspoon of honey from your local area you will eventually build up a resistance to local pollen. Biologically, I don't understand how it could work, and my but I found a farm that supplies local honey and started to have honey and lemon in hot water every morning (teaspoon of honey and hjuice from half a lemon) and I only rarely now have hay fever. The article recommended that you start the 'remedy' during the winter months though ... maybe worth a try next year? You have my sympathy :cry:

I looked into this - it works 'cos honey contains pollen, so a small amount a day helps your body tolerate it and build up a resistance. Thanks for reminding me - I'd meant to stock up on honey but I forgot. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:44 pm 
Hawleytastic!

maggie wrote:
Jan H wrote:

I looked into this - it works 'cos honey contains pollen, so a small amount a day helps your body tolerate it and build up a resistance. Thanks for reminding me - I'd meant to stock up on honey but I forgot. :roll:

Isn't that the principle behind homeopathic treatments? Now you've got me thinking :roll: my hayfever nightmares are pretty much behind me but I still suffer a bit each year ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:51 pm 
Site Admin

One of the papers today had a lot of hayfever remedies and it included a local honey - it needs to be local honey as that contains the same pollens as cause the irritations (so presumably not a 100% cure if you travel).

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:54 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

Ta for that - it'll probably save me clearing Tesco's out of a load of honey that won't work.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 08, 2008 10:57 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Dawoodcock wrote:
One of the papers today had a lot of hayfever remedies and it included a local honey - it needs to be local honey as that contains the same pollens as cause the irritations (so presumably not a 100% cure if you travel).

So that australian honey in the cupboard isn't going to help me much is it :roll: :roll: ... and I'll be needing at least four 'local' honeys given my wanderings.