Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:53 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:04 pm 
Hawley Groupie

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/poll/2008/jul/15/margaretthatcher

Anyone else here think this is an insult?

Apparently based on the belief that she 'revived Britain's post-war economic fortunes', but in apparent ignorance that it was at the expense of at least half the country.

For someone who pretty much openly despised the working classes, I don't see how this is deserved. If Clement Atlee didn't get one, she doesn't deserve one. If I understand a state funeral correctly, it's because most of the country deems it suitable.

I'd be effing surprised if this was the case with Thatch. Care to comment, anyone?

the end.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:28 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I'll be opening the champagne* when she goes ... spent the entire 80s loathing and despising what she represented ... and let's not forget her own party kicked her out :roll:

There are events and images from the 80s that still haunt ... the Falklands ... the miners ... wapping ... poll tax ... 3 million + on the dole ... inner city riots ... the destruction of communities ... anyone want to add to the list? :evil:

* irony intended given my following comment

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:38 pm 
The Boss

that is apaling but at least when it happens i can piss on her grave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:55 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:

just wait until I've finished dancing on it ... don't want to get my feet wet :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:39 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Piss on her grave? She needs a fire under her and I wouldn't wait until she died either.

It will be a major security operation as sge divided this country more than any other politician and caused untold misery and heartache. Why should society honour her when she declared there is no such thing as society

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:20 pm 
Hawleytastic!

You just have to look at footage of Orgreave to see what misery she caused. I was just a kid at the time but i knew it was all wrong what was happening.
State funeral? more like a party.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 7:59 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:

Not likely she'll see us all by-she must be about 200 already.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:42 pm 
Hawleytastic!

What is wrong with Gordon Brown?
Tony Benn made the right move all those years ago, distancing himself from "New Labour".

This is one of the most insulting things I've read in a long time.
Let me know when the rest of you are travelling to piss and dance on her fucking grave, because I'll be joining you. :evil: :evil: :evil:
There's a place reserved in hell for her.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:47 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

[quote="Rita"]What is wrong with Gordon Brown?
Tony Benn made the right move all those years ago, distancing himself from "New Labour".

Tony Benn, what a truly great honest sincere gentleman,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:50 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I must admit I got a bit excited when I saw the headline "state funeral for Thatcher" but the article was, well, a bit of a disappointment. I never get suckered in to these things but I logged on and voted. If she gets a state funeral its a fucking disgrace.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:01 am 
Hawleytastic!

stevo wrote:
Rita wrote:
What is wrong with Gordon Brown?

Tony Benn, what a truly great honest sincere gentleman,

..> ... and an inspiration. There are now so few voices in parliament with his passion, intelligence and incisiveness.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:55 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Crikey, I thought the Old Bat had died & I'd gone & missed it :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:20 am 
Too much time on my hands

Gary wrote:
You just have to look at footage of Orgreave to see what misery she caused. I was just a kid at the time but i knew it was all wrong what was happening.
State funeral? more like a party.

Yes, and just come to Wigan, Leigh, Irlam in Lancashire.....fucking hell ANY industrial areas that were decimated during the '80's. I know industry had been in a slow decline for years, and was on it's way out anyway but the way that those bastards hastened it's demise and gave the workforce + their families fuck all hope for a decent future was unforgivable.

I come from a mining family and know blokes who were at the last Lancashire Colliery in Leigh which shut in '91 - the pride those people had in their work. They were like brothers - all looked out for each other - their families all had that same thing in common, then they shut the pits and killed everything despite there still being 200 years left of the stuff underneath and started buying it in from Poland at a cheap price. Tory cunts.

Pages 28 - 31 in Orwell's 'Road To Wigan Pier' sums up what the Lancashire and Yorkshire workforces were up against right until the '80's even though it was written in '36

I'd have her head on a spike on Wigan Town Hall - which is an ex-mining college.

I've never understood that south-east Tory working class thing - the east end was a squalid dump yet the Alf Garnett stereotype voted for them in droves. Fucking insane.

http://www.myspace.com/stevebillybuckley

http://www.myspace.com/thewagontrain

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:19 am 
Hawleytastic!

Right to the very end, an old rat bag.

I could start with 'that fucking thing' Thatcher.

The arguments thats been put forward for a state funeral...could well apply to Tony Blair I think. We must all bow down and pay homage to Tony Blair our great leader and rewrite history.

The similarities between that prat and Thatcher are very close...alright Thatcher was worse...but as far as war mongering goes..on a par maybe.

Why this is very controversial is all this bullshit about being a great leader e.t.c....even if you believe all that shite. In the 20th century the only other non 'royal' not to have a state funeral was Churchill.

Now that is the ultimate high for Baroness Baggage..just how much would that fucking thing like to be so closely associated with Churchill.

Well Thatcher..you fucking thing..Winston Churchill was the leader of the country ie in war time there was no party leader. All political parties were united. United against the fascists.

'On 10 May 1940, hours before the German invasion of France by a lightning advance through the Low Countries, it became clear that, following failure in Norway, the country had no confidence in Chamberlain's prosecution of the war and so Chamberlain resigned. The commonly accepted version of events states that Lord Halifax turned down the post of Prime Minister because he believed he could not govern effectively as a member of the House of Lords instead of the House of Commons. Although the Prime Minister does not traditionally advise the King on the former's successor, Chamberlain wanted someone who would command the support of all three major parties in the House of Commons. A meeting between Chamberlain, Halifax, Churchill and David Margesson, the government Chief Whip, led to the recommendation of Churchill, and, as a constitutional monarch, George VI asked Churchill to be Prime Minister and to form an all-party government. Churchill's first act was to write to Chamberlain to thank him for his support.'

FUCK OFF THATHCER, YOU SHIT ON 'THE POOR'...and take your ego trip with you.

My hope is that you will never rewrite history.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:37 am 
Original Hippy

I think that in keeping with how she fucked this country her funeral should be put out to competitive tender, with the lowest bid winning.

Right, I'll do it for 50p. Any lower offers? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 122 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 9  Next