Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:03 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:27 pm 
Hawley Groupie

re one of todays news article.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/skynews/200807 ... dbed5.html

A completely innocent motorist travelling in another direction is taken from their loved ones.
Whilst the Scumbag who caused it is enjoying treatment in hospital at our [and the deceased driver & families] cost!!
Wish the doctors could just inject the b*stard and let the world be rid of him.

Where's the justice!
:twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:36 pm 
Waitrose Warrior

saw this on BBC news earlier - terrible.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 11:39 pm 
Resident YouTube tech guru

This makes my blood BOIL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:03 pm 
Hawleytastic!

my cousin was amongst 3 girls killed by a drunk driver - he got 3 years - was out in 18 months. disgusting.

NEWLY UPDATED!!!! Feel Free To Stop By...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:06 pm 
Hawleytastic!

It certainly is................. did anybody hear about that cyclist that was riding on the path and deliberately rode at a teenager who later died? He got fined £2K!

There is something so WRONG with our justice system........

And financial jiggery pokery like the Darwins (the bloke that came back from the dead) get over six years and the taking of a life warrants not even half of that................. :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:23 pm 
Site Admin

Exactly what we were discussing in the office this morning, commit fraud and get money and they jail you and want the money back, kill someone (deliberately if you got behind the wheel having drunk too much) and you get a short sentence and of course a sentence is never what it says it is as they are always let out early - why? If someone is jailed for 3 years then they are jailed for 3 years, not 18 months.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:31 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Dawoodcock wrote:
Exactly what we were discussing in the office this morning, commit fraud and get money and they jail you and want the money back, kill someone (deliberately if you got behind the wheel having drunk too much) and you get a short sentence and of course a sentence is never what it says it is as they are always let out early - why? If someone is jailed for 3 years then they are jailed for 3 years, not 18 months.

in the case of my cousin and her two friends, the sentence was a year for each life he took. in the end he served 18 months - 6 months for a life.

NEWLY UPDATED!!!! Feel Free To Stop By...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:58 am 
I.....Need.....A.....Life

Locked up for life I say..........................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 6:50 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

Me too.
And I absolutely can't tolerate drink/driving - alchohol shouldn't be allowed AT ALL for anyone behind the wheel.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:10 pm 

Yeah...me too....it's weird because recently when I was on holiday in France.....I couldn't help noticing that certain people were drinking throughout the day and evening and eventually taking to the wheel ...starting with the apperitif...then wine with the meal ( accompanied by water..agreed..) and then usually a 'digestive' ...and then driving home......................I challenged this on two occasions.........................and I was basically told to mind my own business.......................I don't mind saying I was really really pissed off about this......................and I have been mulling it over in my mind on and off..................I mean.....I'm not a killjoy............but it's not right is it ?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:15 pm 
Site Admin

drink driving is not cool under any circumstances. The horror stories and statistics speak for themselves if you can afford a few pints of a night out you can afford a taxi home end of. Selfish cunts.

For where you can't go
Mustang horses, champagne glasses
Anything frail anything wild
It's the price of living motion, what's beautiful is broken
And grace is just the measure of a fall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 8:18 pm 

Eoin wrote:
. Selfish cunts.

Yeah.....exactly what I thought..........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 10:09 pm 
Original Hippy

beeshette wrote:
Yeah...me too....it's weird because recently when I was on holiday in France.....I couldn't help noticing that certain people were drinking throughout the day and evening and eventually taking to the wheel ...starting with the apperitif...then wine with the meal ( accompanied by water..agreed..) and then usually a 'digestive' ...and then driving home......................I challenged this on two occasions.........................and I was basically told to mind my own business.......................I don't mind saying I was really really pissed off about this......................and I have been mulling it over in my mind on and off..................I mean.....I'm not a killjoy............but it's not right is it ?

There is quite a big problem with it in France, I think it is quite culturally entrenched, but they have horrendous statistics for road deaths on what are very safe roads. I've just got back from 2 weeks over there, & have seen people drive off into the night after scary amounts. Once you get into the rural bits the gendarmerie become invisible, & I wonder whether they actually stop & breathalyse much? Coz that is a deterrent.

Spot on, its not right, ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:24 pm 

Yeah............they have those weird plywood cut outs of a human beings on the side of certain roads. You know....painted black with a flash of red across and some statistic about how many people had lost their lives on that paticular spot of road.
Now I know why some people love living in the back of beyond so much,they can drink as much as they like and then creep off into the night...........to get to their, back of beyond home...........without running into any flicks.........once a janner always a janner.................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:08 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Think it's bad in Italy too. A colleague just had 2 weeks there and saw the aftermath of 2 big crashes in the space of a week in the same area. Not just a British problem, methinks...