Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:35 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Cambridge Folk Festival
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 2:37 am 
Hawleytastic!

Just wanted to know how it went Richard? Did you all enjoy the performance and what did you think of the audience? Bit peed off couldn't get a ticket (got offered one yesterday but didn't pick up the email until the afternoon so it had gone) but hope it was a good one! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:00 am 
The Boss

it was ace the people in the massive crowd were so so kind to us i was so nervous before we went on i think i smoked a thousand cigs,it was the first time i had been there and they were just brilliant,i have eaten today(which i hardly ever do on gig days)and was really calm on the way down but when we got to the site i was getting more and more anxious by the minute cos the music was really roots based and i had decided to do the full band thing some folk thought it was a good idea to do a"chiilled"out set cos we were following folk royalty judy Collins who was beautful and angelic,we were sandwiched between her and Joan Armatrading..........but i refused to budge we were there for what i write and what we play so i didn't want to compromise any road it was an exceptcional gig and i will never forget it compromise is a shit idea and i will NEVER do it thank you to cambridge folk festival...you were fuckin blinding and i will never forget it so many happy faces in the crowd,and as always i am confused and somewhat amazed so many folk get what i do and now i am here listening to Ritchie havens drinking wine talking to you as i can't sleep cos of the adenalin buzz......................thanks for asking by the way xxxxpxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Last edited by Richard Hawley on Wed Aug 06, 2008 1:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:28 am 
Hawleytastic!

Aaaagh, I should have forked out £89 for the weekend ticket I was offered just to be there for the evening by the sound of it!

Am now feeling rubbish for not getting two weekend tickets and dragging The Baroness along for her birthday treat ... :roll: ... even if we'd have had to put her into high-heeled wellies. :*:

Glad it was a good one, Richard. The only outdoor set I've heard you do was Garforth (and I know the sound was crap for you) but the way the acoustics shivered out across the crowd was just fabulous ... I suppose different spaces bounce the sound around but there is also the whole joyous experience of fresh air and evening skies with an accompaniment of sublime music that seduces 8) ... thank you for the music Richard, everyday, I thank you because no matter what my emotional barometer there is always a song that fits my mood ... this week all been Lowedges. Oh my love, live at Garforth was truly moving.

... I'm going to get too emotional in a moment so shall take myself off for another glass of wine (I thought about an early morning walk in the rain but even round here have decided a bit silly).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:37 am 
The Boss

thanks for that love just finishing the little wine i have and then bed to read until dawn,then fall asleep perchance to dream...........or have dreadefull nightmares we nearly died tonitght cos of an idiot old pissed fart driving whilst drunk,if Palf wasn't so alert it would have been curtains for hawley so off to bed for me x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:39 am 
Hawleytastic!

This is why we love Palf so much :wink: Not just merchandise-man but Hawley-angel :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:42 am 
The Boss

saved my lfe and shez's and Mike's........all he wanted was a cup of tea at our house after.........off to bed night x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:45 am 
Site Admin

keep an eye oit on the BBC they normally do a highlights thingy don't they, ' curtains for hawley' that could be the title of the new album :wink: seriously thoygh some reckless fuckers out there staying safes what its all about and that, anyway its me to bed while I can probably find it xx

For where you can't go
Mustang horses, champagne glasses
Anything frail anything wild
It's the price of living motion, what's beautiful is broken
And grace is just the measure of a fall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 8:03 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Richard Hawley wrote:
saved my lfe and shez's and Mike's........all he wanted was a cup of tea at our house after.........off to bed night x

glad you're ok, Richard. Oh, and nothing beats a walk in the rain catsandbooks. Even when the water gets in your wellies...Bollocks I wish I'd been at Cambridge.

Elizabeth Bishop

http://nicholadeane.wordpress.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 9:53 am 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
we nearly died tonitght cos of an idiot old pissed fart driving whilst drunk,if Palf wasn't so alert it would have been curtains for hawley so off to bed for me x

Palf is ace - and deserves a medal after that!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:50 am 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
and as always i am confused and somewhat amazed so many folk get what i do

Your music is great, your live shows are fantastic, your band are lovely, you're absolutely wonderful and its great you come and talk to us on here................... when's the next album coming out? :wink: :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:25 pm 
Hawley Groupie

The Baroness wrote:
Richard Hawley wrote:

Your music is great, your live shows are fantastic, your band are lovely, you're absolutely wonderful and its great you come and talk to us on here................... when's the next album coming out? :wink: :D

Here, here - I think the above quote should go on the opening forum page. Glad you got home safe Richard!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:18 pm 
Regular poster

Radio 2 have mentioned a couple of progs later on this week on the Cambridge Festival with Serious as the soundtrack and I believe they may have some of the sets on their online player. Might be worth checking out to see if our man RH is included therein.
Well done Palf re: the near miss as well. I can't be doing with another one of my heroes carking it before their time. I'm still getting over Peter Cook dying and that was what, 14 years ago or something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:05 pm 
Hawleytastic!

The Baroness wrote:
Richard Hawley wrote:

Steve Wright look out

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:25 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Thing is Richard most people "our age" are so into music of all sorts and bugger what's in fashion at the time, that you really had f-all to get so anxious about. Or were you expecting some sort of Bob Dylan "Judas" reception? :*: Anyway, glad that you had a boss time and glad that you're still with us - that would have really spoilt my day.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:06 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Really pleased you had a great time, Richard - and that you got home in one piece! I think there's going to be some sort of highlights programme on BBC4 but not sure exactly when.