Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:44 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:50 pm 
Hawleytastic!

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/4/20090204/ten ... 4616c.html

As a mum, I found it quite bizarre and disturbing that parents would allow their kids to participate in this; apparently some of the kids were appealing to the film crew to intervene at times. Very wrong :shock:

Did anyone see the programme?

Last edited by Jan H on Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:01 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 3:08 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I saw a clip on the news in the morning..well I say the news, it was the breakfast news carry on so I don't know if that counts as news or inane shite for first thing in the morning and it immediately rang the bell of "do not watch". Just stupid for anyone to put their bairns through that and no excuses are possible from the makers of the programme. they can justify all they like. It's exploitative and just wrong full stop

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:10 pm 
The Boss

reality tv gone so wrong..........you can almost hear the pitch in the boardroom"i know why don't we shove a rat a chicken and a rottweiler in a bag and see what happens?we'll only need two cameras,cheap as chips and the masses will lap it up"................Its fucked up thinking and even more fucked up if YOU WATCH IT.........if we stop............they stop and have to spend more money on good worthwhile tv instead of this cheap to produce and nasty to watch bollocks...........!!!!!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:02 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Wouldn't dream of watching it; it would upset me too much. Just reading the article made my blood boil :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2009 8:13 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Richard Hawley wrote:
reality tv gone so wrong..........you can almost hear the pitch in the boardroom"i know why don't we shove a rat a chicken and a rottweiler in a bag and see what happens?we'll only need two cameras,cheap as chips and the masses will lap it up"................Its fucked up thinking and even more fucked up if YOU WATCH IT.........if we stop............they stop and have to spend more money on good worthwhile tv instead of this cheap to produce and nasty to watch bollocks...........!!!!!!!!!!!!

My thoughts exactly........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 1:58 am 
Hawleytastic!

My first thoughts were it is Child Abuse! Why would any parent agree to let their kids take part. Is the desire to get on T.V. so great there days! :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 5:29 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

It's a disturbing sign of the TV times I am afraid. The problem is it appeals to the masses who are nothing more than a latter day gladatorial audience, baying for blood. Fortunately, things have not gone that far (yet).

It seems that all this 'reality TV' relies on throwing a bunch of people together who will not get along - in the case of this it was small kids. Big Brother is a good example of how things change over the years; the first series was an interesting social experiment. Look at the last couple of series - folks thrown together who will be at each others throats from the start - and all because this is what makes ratings soar.

I cannot image the misery and fallout that comes from being a 'contestant' in such shite. What we see on screen are just selected scenes that are fit for public consumption - God know's what is left on the cutting room floor.

To be honest, I have little time for TV anymore. What with ALL the reality show shite, Property program shite, unfunny shite 'comedy' cops & camera's shite - in my opinion all of it is just cheaply made shite. I prefer to read or talk to my family.

Blimey - that was turning into a right old rant :)

Cheers, Steve.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2009 11:48 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I can't believe anybody would do that to their children :? Doesn't that go against every instinct a parent should have towards their child? Watching them crying and hungry, being bullied by a group of strangers, and completely unable to look after themselves... Some people will do anything for their fifteen minutes of fame :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 12:09 am 
Hawleytastic!

As Susie says - it is quite simply child abuse. The article really disturbed me yesterday

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2009 10:50 pm 
I need a life

That is just wrong. Is exactly like Lord of the Flies. A disgrace.