Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:14 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:05 pm 
Regular

Fucking do-gooders.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 1:38 pm 
Original Hippy

The Devil wrote:
Fucking do-gooders.

Well don't fuck them if it pisses you off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:36 pm 
I need a life

loftyeric2 wrote:
People at work who moan about the boss, then when he wants something it's ''Yes Sir, no Sir, three bags full, let me kiss your arse Sir'' :evil:

I'm surrounded by individuals like that. I HATE THEM.
I also hate "some" Big Issue sellers, they just don't accept a no for an answer. There's one when I come back late from work that always tries to make me buy her bloody last copy anf follows me after I said NO several times!!!. I hate The Big Issue IS BORING!!!!!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:47 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I always buy the Big Issue... There's a woman who stands outside Glasgow Central selling the it at weekends and I love her. She makes up songs, rewording dodgy pop songs so they're about whatever is in the Big Issue that week. She's blind, so people don't even feel bad ignoring her. Gits. She's always so cheerful :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:51 pm 
I need a life

I just would like to have the chance to decide if I want to buy the the thing or not. I don't like to be forced to buy it, and most of the time I have no change on me anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:53 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Yeah - there's another guy just around the corner who tries to force it into your hands and shouts obscenities at you if you don't buy it :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:00 pm 
I need a life

Charming. :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:03 pm 
Site Admin

i have no problem giving a couple of quid to a homeless person, or anyone collecting for a charity shaking a box or selling the big issue or whatever but.. i hate those fuckers that go around in their coloured vests with their clipboards looking for peoples credit card details in the street for some charity or other, a polite smile and 'no thanks' never seems to sufice, last week I passed one and he proceeded to walk backwards in front of me trying to block my path for about twenty yards and then got all offended when I suggested I might push him under a bus if he didn't move. :eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:05 pm 
Site Admin

Big Louise wrote:
loftyeric2 wrote:
People at work who moan about the boss, then when he wants something it's ''Yes Sir, no Sir, three bags full, let me kiss your arse Sir'' :evil:

I'm surrounded by individuals like that. I HATE THEM.
I also hate "some" Big Issue sellers, they just don't accept a no for an answer. There's one when I come back late from work that always tries to make me buy her bloody last copy anf follows me after I said NO several times!!!. I hate The Big Issue IS BORING!!!!!!!!

Simplest thing is to just say 'already got it' rather than no. It seems to work.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:06 pm 
Hawleytastic!

We have a guy that isn't an official seller and he carries around one carefully preserved copy in a plastic wallet. He just wants the money without giving away the magazine in return. I would feel sorry for him but I've seen him on crutches and in plaster one day and mysteriously the next he is fine! :?

I've bought the a few copies and can't say its scintillating reading (they haven't had a Hawley interview yet :*: ) but I do like to make a definite purchase of the christmas editions. I feel sorry for the sellers who are out there in all weathers but I guess there are lots of city types around Liverpool Street so hopefully its a steady income.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:39 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I try to do my bit for various charities, but prefer to donate to 'official' charities so that I can gift aid my tax too. Trouble is, many charities have high percentage overheads so it's important to check out the percentage of cash collected that actually goes to the cause itself.
I always used to buy a Big Issue until a guy parked himself permanently outside my local M&S store and really started to hassle people as they walk in and out. I had a similar experience to Baroness in Manchester where a girl offered to sell me a copy of Big Issue; I gave her my money and she then asked if she could keep it as she needed to sell four more and only had one left :?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 6:42 am 
Too much time on my hands

DisneyTime wrote:
I always buy the Big Issue... There's a woman who stands outside Glasgow Central selling the it at weekends and I love her. She makes up songs, rewording dodgy pop songs so they're about whatever is in the Big Issue that week. She's blind, so people don't even feel bad ignoring her. Gits. She's always so cheerful :D

i have to say, that women does my head in. until recently she used to stand within hearing distance of my flat and she makes me want to rip my ears off. it's like the most hatefully annoying song ever being made even less bearable. i wish her all the best but that is not what music is for AGH. i relealise i sound like a complete bastard but she is sooooo annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 8:48 am 
Hawleytastic!

carey wrote:
i have to say, that women does my head in. until recently she used to stand within hearing distance of my flat and she makes me want to rip my ears off. it's like the most hatefully annoying song ever being made even less bearable. i wish her all the best but that is not what music is for AGH. i relealise i sound like a complete bastard but she is sooooo annoying.

Weird - maybe it's all the other noise going on round Central Station, but you can barely hear her until you get up close.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:58 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I hate forgetting that the water is going to be turned off in the morning due to men outside my house wanting to dig the road up for their jollies! Have you ever tried to wash and brush teeth with water from a brita-filter that's been in the fridge? I'll be leaving the shave today! :shaking:
x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2009 9:47 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Jan H wrote:
Dave wrote:

.........I used to have an irrational fear of 'Pinky and Perky'.....freaked the tits off me. :shock:

Then thank yourself lucky that you weren't taken to Santa's Grotto circa 1960!!!

Jan! You haven't changed a bit! I am certain I had an outfit JUST like that .... I shall have to have a rummage in my parents' old photo box.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 156 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11  Next