Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 11:42 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Latest email from HMV

Dear Julie,

Thanks for your earlier e-mail.

We're really sorry about the delay in providing a further response to your e-mail.

We have been advised by our head office that we are currently in the initial process of discussing this move and the logistics involved in being able to complete orders dependant upon the stage they were at.

As soon as further information is received and clarification provided regarding this process, the people concerned will be contacted to advise on any change to the process.

Any questions? Visit the ‘Customer Service’ section on www.hmv.com; reply to this email, or give us a ring instead on 0845 603 8576 we're open 9am - 6pm Monday to Friday.

Kind regards,

Andrew Quinn
Online Customer Service Team
www.hmv.com

:evil: :twisted: :twisted: So WHY does the Elbow site say we'll get them! I'm giving up buying CVs on line. It's all too frustrating! :eh?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2009 9:46 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I rang them this morning & got the same story, it appears that getting the payment details etc is not as straightforward as it sounds to us on the ground. They have till the 30th March release date to get it sorted & fingers crossed they will, we just need to be a bit patient that's all. That said i'll keep ringing periodically to check & post on here if anything changes.

& let the dreams come softly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 11:29 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I got the following email from Elbow this morning:

Abbey Road Boxset Clarification

For those of you who ordered the boxset via the original Trinity Street pre-order, your orders will be dispatched as normal on the release date of 30th March.

The original Trinity Street pre-orders are now being handled by another party - not HMV - so please do not direct any inquiries about these original orders to HMV.

We apologise for any inconvience but we assure all Elbow fans that their orders will be fulfilled as originally planned. Thanks for bearing with us.

Elbow

So that sounds promising!

Dave

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2009 10:17 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Dave_J wrote:
I got the following email from Elbow this morning:

Abbey Road Boxset Clarification

For those of you who ordered the boxset via the original Trinity Street pre-order, your orders will be dispatched as normal on the release date of 30th March.

The original Trinity Street pre-orders are now being handled by another party - not HMV - so please do not direct any inquiries about these original orders to HMV.

We apologise for any inconvience but we assure all Elbow fans that their orders will be fulfilled as originally planned. Thanks for bearing with us.

Elbow

So that sounds promising!

Dave

Yep, got this very same email today, so looks like it's all in hand :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 1:34 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Not strictly the right thread, but in case anybody's interested - a review of last night's Wembley Arena gig -

http://www.nme.com/news/elbow/43460

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:25 pm 
The Boss

i have loved working with the lads for the last year,its flown by,when i first worked with them recording the fix they didn't even have a record deal but look at them now?its been an amazing time and i will miss them as last night at wembley was my last show....maybe not ever....but for a long while.its been great thanks so much lads.........till next time we meet,they are off to Australia.America and other destinations i can't commit to that sadly and i have my own album coming out very soon so farewell and good luck and lots and lots of love :wink: ..> :BEEEER <*> :thumright:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 6:31 pm 
Hawleytastic!

So Wembley was good, then? :D I so wish I'd been there. It's been such a good year for them and they've deserved every second of it. It's really rare to find something genuinely heartfelt and exciting getting a decent amount of recognition these days - so happy for them! :D And wishing them even more of it in the time to come.

The start of 'The Fix', sound quality not great but atmosphere captured 8): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BUocDl0 ... re=related

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, 2009 9:28 pm 
The Boss

ha ha ha thank you i am glad someone got that as it was my last time

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 10:44 am 
Hawleytastic!

Another review here - five stars!

http://entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/live_reviews/article5913209.ece

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 12:55 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Elbow were fantastic at Wembley on Saturday.
We all had a great time and Guy Garvey was so good with the crowd,who does he remind us of?Easy to guess really and of course we got our Fix.
Top top stuff,we loved it.Nice one all round.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:24 pm 
Regular poster

Saturday night at Wembley Arena was sooooooooooooo brilliant! Elbow were really amazing, what a great band they are, and such down to earth blokes. Liked Acorn too, but Mr. Hawley was the icing on the cake for me. The atmosphere was terrific. We've got no photos though as the security guys made us take camera to reception as they said it was 'too professional'. It was only a camera!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 16, 2009 11:34 pm 
Site Admin

If your camera looked anything other than one of those tiny in your pocket digital ones, then they get a bit bothered about them. I remember going to one gig with a mate who had something that was probably not dissimilar to yours. They were refusing to let him bring it in, facing a long walk back to where his car was parked and not wanting to risk leaving it in there. Luckily we knew the band and their manager who organised a press pass.

Shame they act like that though, after all how many official photos does one ever see from these gigs? The mob are there at most gigs we go to taking their photos and getting in the way and we never get to see the end result (Snapper, you're not included in this of course).

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 12:26 am 
Regular poster

The husband[Ally] took such care setting up the right settings and lens on the camera as well! He was gutted, and seethed all through Acorn which was a shame as i thought they where really good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:00 am 
Hawleytastic!

Another review here -

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/2/24f19c32-1251-11de-b816-0000779fd2ac.html

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, 2009 5:28 pm 
Hawleytastic!

And a reasonably good video here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_EwhC5Dv5_U

I really wish I could have been there! Looks like fun :D

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 84 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next