Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:18 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject: Policemens manners!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:29 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

have to get it off my chest!

Was down eccy road today dropping off some charity stuff at the oxfam (i use them as they alwasy have some great vinyl in there - bloody overpriced but always worth a shufty) There is no where to park so i park right outside with my hazzards on and get the boot open - there is a crossing about 30yars away and i am JUST on the start of the zig zag lines.

I go in and drop the first box off and when i come out there is a police car parked RIGHT next to my car - holding up the traffic. the policeman shouts at me..

"OI! you need to move NOW - dont you know your not alowed to park on these lines not even to unload? NOW shift your car!"

so i say..

"Ok sorry - I was just dropping off charity - Im going"

so copper goes

"I dont car you need to move right now... come on NOW!!"

so i say

"Ok - do you mind actually talking sivil to me - there is no need to talk to me in that tone. I will move my car"

so copper goes

"Look do you WANT THREE POINTS?? coz Ill book you right now...!! no move your car!!"

"Ok Im moving but Id just like to say your very rude - this is a very minor mistake and your talking to me like Im actually a criminal"

at which point I get in the car - VERY CAREFULLY put on my seat belt and INDICATE... pull out and then have to park miles away to then go and unload my stuff for oxfam!

My point is that i KNOW I was in the wrong and not obaying the trafic regulations. I was quite happy to move - but WHY OH WHY do police men have to assert their authority and immeaditaly speak to you as if your robbing a fucking bank?? the gauy was a total tosser and I m not surprised that most folk hate the fucking lot of them! there was absolutely NO NEED for him to speak to me in that way and to be honest it crossed my mind to get the 3 poiints to spite the c*** and meave my car exactly where it was - I was so hacked off i forgot to get the guys number as I WOULD have reported him - public servants my arse!!!

I would love it if there are any coppers on here who would like to justify this tits arrogance and manner!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:43 pm 
Site Admin

I think you have to look at the motivation people have for joining the police. Some will be civil & reasonable people who believe that they would like the job to do it properly and serve the public and take enjoyment from doing the job professionally & well. On the other hand you have tossers who would like to do it for the power trip and would get their kicks by taking out their own frustrations and have their egos boosted by acting as you describe in you circumstance. I know two people like that, the first was refused entry to the police he now sells insurance thank fuck but I wouldnt like to be after a quote from him either. The second is my mates sister, she is a personality short of being a normal human and an outright geebag, she was accepted and in training now, :roll:

Same with anything in life, .. take politics. If somone wants to enter that field of public service to actually serve and give of themself to work for their community great. On the other hand lots of these tossers just see the big pensions the expenses, and the ego trip etc.

For where you can't go
Mustang horses, champagne glasses
Anything frail anything wild
It's the price of living motion, what's beautiful is broken
And grace is just the measure of a fall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 8:57 pm 
Hawleytastic!

If its any consolation about not getting his badge number i tried to make a complaint about a PCSO being disrespectful not so long ago & i got nowhere. Respect breeds respect & they think that a good percentage of civilians are scumbags, as that's all they have experience of nowadays, i know they see horrible things & meet horrid people everyday so remembering that most of us are decent, law abiding people must be difficult.

& let the dreams come softly.

Post subject: Re: Policemens manners!
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:07 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Joe_A wrote:
I would love it if there are any coppers on here who would like to justify this tits arrogance and manner!!!

He should have offered to take your charity bags into the shop and instructed you to move on because of the minor violation commited.

It called public service / public relations - what would your opinion have been of him had he done that?

I'm not a copper - went to a recruitment night for the Met back in the late 70's - and was not impressed - as a biker punk hippy I didn't think it was for me...

So I became an Insurance Salesman [true] :*: :*: :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:14 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

I'm sure there are some lovely coppers :roll: but I haven't met any. The ones i've met have been what I can only describe as failed security guards - same power trip mentality.

I remember years ago (and apologies in advance for the soap reference!!) I was watching Brookside (it was the body under the patio thing) and my daughter was given a lift home by one of her friends mams, who happened to be a police officer.

She walked in, saw what I was watching and said 'has she coughed yet?' :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 9:51 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I have nothing but respect for the police and the job they do - Most of the worst will be weeded out during the two years intensive training and monitoring they have to go through before they are allowed out on patrol on their own.

You will always get people who let the power go to their heads, whether carrying out a voluntary job or paid employment. Unfortunately the role of a police officer is not a happy one these days - as we all know society, manners and behaviour are changing for the worse and these officers are permanently at risk of abuse and bodily harm - and if they even so much as swear at anybody they're arresting they could be disciplined.

Granted that exchange with Joe A sounded very uncivil and perhaps out of proportion to the offence, but there is a slight chance that this particular officer has seen nasty accidents or people maimed or killed caused by vehicles parked too near to crossings.

All this sounds biased - and I admit I am. I worked for the police for 18 years and have seen the nice side of the job - and the nasty side. I can see both sides of the coin - but before anybody criticises too much (as they always will because being a publicly funded body the police are an easy target) - walk a mile in their shoes, and just think - if you are ever in trouble - who are you going to call and expect them to sort things out?

And before the general sniping at me starts - this is my opinion and I reserve the right to express it. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:03 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

My opinion of the police was further demolished when my son was attacked at school. One of the chavas in his class who had taken a dislike to him punched him in the face when their teacher left the room for a second.

We were visited by a police officer later on. He didn't even get the names the right way round, kept calling my son by the chava's name and vice versa - I'm pleased it didn't go to court, he'd probably have given evidence against the wrong one.

And yes the job is hard, but it does attract a certain type. I'd only call on the police if i really had to and because there's no alternative. That's possibly why they tend to be arrogant gits - with exceptions, like any career, i'm sure.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:18 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Theirs always gonna be bad apples, i wouldn't do the job nowadays, hands are tied and their bogged down with paperwork and shit proceedures.
It's the CPS and judges who piss me off, although the laws are there to protect all of us, innocent until proven guilty, if you know what i mean. All this "hang the bastard" etc.. i wouldn't want a mob of dickheads residing over me if i was innocent.

Anyway that copper sounds like a right bastard.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:45 pm 
Secretly Canadian

He sounds like a cockend and a jobsworth with no common sense or discretion. There are good coppers, but it's idiots like those type (usually traffic) that give the rest a bad name.

"you ain't afraid of no alleyway when you are the thing in the dark"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 10:59 pm 
Newcomer

funny seeing this now

Earlier today, two coppers were arguing with some guy on my road.
They left their car in the middle of the road, despite the fact there were spaces right close.
Some residents came in their vehicles and stopped in front because they could not get through, it's a small road.
This went on for about 15 minutes before some guy finally came to ask. Right ok, these eijits shoulda had the balls to get out and ask the coppers to move immediately, but surely the coppers could see that people wanted to get on, there were like 3 vans lined up. so stupid.

But yeah Eoin had it right. If you're not a cunt, you don't go for one of those jobs, and it's axiomatic that if you want to be in authority you're not worthy of it.The "few bad apples" argument isn't really going to work here, just like it's not for politicians or CEOs. I've never in my life encountered a copper acting within the law. Maybe out in the sticks, where there's one copper and nothing ever happens...elsewhere, it's an us an them, and, in my opinion, from our side, very justified.

Also agree that LPs in Oxfam are overpriced. I think I shelled out a whole £6 for "King of America"...and this girl I was kinda seeing finished things on the walk home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 11, 2009 11:05 pm 
Site Admin

right on, although i've never been to oxfam for Lp's I'll also now not to bother. See I love these 2 for the price of 1 threads. And like maggie says the job does seem to attract some 'certain types'. But yes there are good guys out there doing it well and most importantly for the right reasons which counts most.

For where you can't go
Mustang horses, champagne glasses
Anything frail anything wild
It's the price of living motion, what's beautiful is broken
And grace is just the measure of a fall.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 8:11 am 
Hawleytastic!

It takes a certain sort to be a copper and their job brings them into contact with all sorts of low-life, scum and unpleasant situations. Maybe sometimes they can be too heavy-handed but at other times they need to be strong and resilliant.
It's not a job where being nice and polite all the time is an option and like everyone else perhaps their behaviour in a given moment is not as it should be, but who knows what crap situation preceeded it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:17 pm 
Too much time on my hands

As Swagger rightly said there is a definite 'us and them' attitude these days. My dealings with the OB have always left the impression that they regard themselves as 'the law', rather than upholders of the law.

And as a football fan of too many years i've seen far more police brutality to innocent bystanders at a football match than I have a few like minded thugs kicking 10 shades of shit out of each other.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 12:36 pm 
Secretly Canadian

I forgot about football police. 99% are complete and utter twats. I believe the standard policy for policing a match is 'treat everybody as potential hooligans until it's time to go home and collect the overtime cheque'.

"you ain't afraid of no alleyway when you are the thing in the dark"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:20 pm 
Too much time on my hands

I have only had one main dealing with the police. They came to see someone i was very close to on Christmas eve late at night, about a neighbour's guitar that had never arrived from ebay. They said 'I can arrest you now or you can come down to the station after Christmas.' Their manner was very brusque, the only 'evidence' they had was a signature for an amp that this person had done because the neighbour wasn't in.

It usually takes a lot to get me angry, but their attitude was awful and in the end they decided to leave as i was so angry at them. They ruined our christmas , which i shouted at them and they were like 'How have i ruined your christmas?' We worried about this person being arrested until the 5th of Jan, when they rang up about an hour before we were due to go to the station, saying we didn't have to go in any more.

If their questioning style had been different, they would have got a clearer answer which they could have gone away and investigated. The fact they seemed convinced of theis person's guilt when all they had done was be kind to a neighbour made me have a very low opinion of the police.