Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:45 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:29 pm 
Hawleytastic!

You could ring them up and see if a pre-order would reserve you the wristbands?

I shall be going up there on release day to meet Denise (I shall be outside the shop dead on 10am :oops: ) - we might be able to persuade the counter staff to give us more than one each but as Richard is now a household name (as familiar as Warburtons! :*: ) they will probably crack down on that.

The only other thing I can suggest is that if I call in early afternoon on the day of the gig to see how many bands they have remaining and give you a call?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:30 pm 
Hawleytastic!

OK - I replied before the query - just call me Derren Brown.

I think the forum is up the creek again - never mind, hopefully only another week and a bit to go till the album release and possibly new website? :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:32 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Mark and I are thinking of going down to London for this but wondered what the chances are of getting in?
The only way to guarantee entry seems to be to buy the album in the week leading up to it, but that only gets one in and there are two of us...
And it's not exactly local to Birmingham either...

What do you reckon chaps?
:roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 9:00 pm 
Too much time on my hands

Buy two albums !!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 11:58 am 
Hawley Super-Groupie

The Baroness wrote:

I shall be going up there on release day to meet Denise (I shall be outside the shop dead on 10am :oops: ) - we might be able to persuade the counter staff to give us more than one each but as Richard is now a household name (as familiar as Warburtons! :*: ) they will probably crack down on that.

Baroness, you do know the shop is open from 8 am don't you?

I'm going to be there dead on opening time to avoid disappointment. Sad, I know... :oops:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:01 pm 
Hawleytastic!

8am? I could have sworn the site said 10!!

I'd better get up early then - except there's a proposed train strike! :evil:

Thanks for the heads-up eezer! :D :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:42 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

No worries, see you there. Bright and early! *yawn*

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:51 pm 
Site Admin

8.00 is nothing, I'm usually at work at 7.30 anyway so I can have a (small) lie-in that day.

https://www.facebook.com/LiamMcKaheyandtheBodies
https://cousteaux.com/music

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:33 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Oh good I'll pre-order mine then, that gets round the train strike as I can pick it up later in the day! :D

Excellent work Julie! :D :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:39 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I rang the store and pre-ordering 2 copies of the CD entitles me to two wristbands. You just need to state that you want the wristbands in the comments box.

The only thing is that Rough Trade are selling it for £13.99 and the Amazon for £8.98... and I had to cancel my Amazon pre-order... That seems a big difference :x

I'm not moaning though :*:
It's worth it to secure my wristbands... I didn't fancy driving from Birmingham to London to be turned away...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:41 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I've pre-ordered mine and asked for the wristband and in-store collection rather than posting. What with rail strikes and post strikes this seems an excellent way forward!

Hopefully our US friends that are coming over on the day of the in-store will be able to do that as well! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:49 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Spent a frustrating lunchtime today! Went personally to Rough Trade East in the hope of securing an album and wristband. But to my surprise you can't reserve a copy instore! I said that I was keen on getting a wristband for the live gig but got no joy whatsoever. Apparently it messes up their inventory.

I find it amazing that they wouldn't keep one by for me :shock: :evil:

Looked on the website to preorder but couldn't see the part where you can choose instore collection, just options for different postage. How did you get yours Baroness?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 2:49 pm 
Hawleytastic!

That's daft! Any other shop you can reserve in person!!

I did what Julie Murphy advised - I brought up the page with Truelove's Gutter and they had a pre-order button - after I went through the laborious process of opening an account I opted for the special delivery - but put a note in the comments box (1) asking for a wristband to be reserved with the album and (2) asking that they NOT post the album but for me to collect in-store and to call me if there were any problems. I haven't had a call so far.

I'm working on the proviso that if the album is only released on Monday they will package them up from that day on (I can't see them working like stink to pack up stuff on a Sunday)- so am bound to get there before it has actually reached the post office - I shall take my email confirmation in with me. (I'm hoping they don't have a central distribution centre, but even if they do I'm sure the staff in Rough Trade East can cancel my order so I can purchase it then and there.)

Just had good news that the rail strike next week is OFF so I should be able to get there for 8am with no problems on Monday! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 5:41 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I think I'm going back to plan A. Early start on Monday to bag the album and wristband.

If you see a bedraggled motorcyclist in the store on Monday morning, it'll be me...

The things we do to see Mr. H :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:26 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I'll look out for you! :D Of course if you also wear a red carnation and have a copy of the Daily Mirror under your arm that would really help! :*:

The rail strike is off so I will (hopefully, provided nobody else throws themselves off of the train platform, no trucks hit bridges or trees fall down on the line) be there at 8am.