Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:11 pm

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 8:26 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Gary wrote:
i'll fill maggies with bacardi, the baroness's with baileys and i'm guessing gin for jan. cost me a fortune you's lot. :?

Mojito please :wink:

And no jokes = more time for music, so I can live with that :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:58 pm 
Hawleytastic!

24 hours to go - hope I don't have problems with the trains this time..... :D :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:30 pm 
Regular poster

Hey Everyone,

Would anyone going to this show be able (and kind enough) to pick up a copy of the last of the Lowedges LPs that are apparently for sale at these shows for me? Being in Canada, it's hard enough to find Richard's new releases...let alone Lowedges, which it seems is long OOP.

All costs for the record and postage would be immediately reimbursed, of course, and any similar favours would be happily returned (something Canadian you want sent, perhaps?).

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:50 pm 
Secretly Canadian

Gavin wrote:
(something Canadian you want sent, perhaps?).

Kathleen Edwards?? Image

"you ain't afraid of no alleyway when you are the thing in the dark"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 3:56 pm 
Regular poster

Craig 3.0 wrote:
Gavin wrote:
(something Canadian you want sent, perhaps?).

Kathleen Edwards?? Image

Sure, I'll just let her out of her, um, "room" in my basement here...er, um. I mean, nothing. Nothing to see here. Carry on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:21 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

Just got home from this gig, it was excellent...the new stuff sounds brilliant live, especially loved 'Remorse Code' and I did have a tear during 'Soldier On' .(Although that could have been the smoke!!!!)

Good to hear a few old ones as well, 'Run for me' was inspired, it fit so well.

Really great night, in the words of the mighty Abba, 'Thank you for the music'!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:14 am 
Hawleytastic!

Hear Hear. Baroness and me are just discussing the gig in our luxury, executive, many starred apartment-hotel (courtesy of laterooms :D )

The gig was brilliant. In addition to the now 'almost standard' setlist for this tour (apart from Don't You Cry), we were treated to a beautiful solo version of 'Troublesome Waters' as the first song in the encore, followed by 'Don't Get Hung Up In Your Soul' and 'The Ocean'. The guys performed brilliantly and took the initially hushed seated audience to a thunderous standing ovation.

It was fab to see Colin really enjoying himself during 'Solider On', and good to note that John has been promoted from post office counter to sideboard since York!

To echo Maggie's sentiment 'Thank You For The Music' See you in Liverpool on Saturday :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:23 am 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

Being perched right under H's song sheet stand thingy and enjoying alternate views up his nostril and trouser leg added to the experience.

And of course we couldn't leave without blagging a couple of things - I got his rose, Julie got a set list, rose and a bottle of water - I feel a Frankenstein moment coming on.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:36 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Is it just me or has this thread just entered a strange new dimension :shock: :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:15 am 
The Boss

we enjoyed the gig i love the venue the crowd were a bit tame but attentive and showed their appreciation at the end i have been struggling with feeling ill on this tour we have all had a stomach bug going round the bus,nothing savage but it drains you of energy,but i tried my best,we had to cut a song as the venue has a strict curfew and i didn't want to end up with a fine which is a shame i was wanting to play for a lot longer but they wouldn't let me the sage is great though so its no critisism

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:44 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

Hope you're all feeling better. Keep taking the medicine :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 8:33 am 
Hawleytastic!

maggie wrote:
Being perched right under H's song sheet stand thingy and enjoying alternate views up his nostril and trouser leg added to the experience.

And of course we couldn't leave without blagging a couple of things - I got his rose, Julie got a set list, rose and a bottle of water - I feel a Frankenstein moment coming on.

I chaperoned as best as I could, but you know ....... :roll: :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:42 am 
Hawleytastic!

maggie wrote:

I will just add that all that was thanks to Maggie's demands to one of the roadies, not my idea!!!

Roses were a beautiful touch, a really deep, dark velvety red - just like the ones I feel like throwing at Richard (with the marriage proposals!! :*: ) every time I hear Open Up Your Door!! :D

The used bottle of water will be treasured (no clones from DNA today, I can't afford it!) until the bin men come next week :roll:

Really enjoyed the gig, was great to see Luckyman, Maggie and Gary - and of course the rather wonderful Palf.

Boys were on form last night (Richard hope you're better soon and that the bug doesn't spoil your day off). Run for Me was the hit of the evening for me, and Richard seemed to have a ball with all his guitar solos despite feeling off key health wise!

Shame that was my last gig this tour but still, Xmas gigs still to come!

Have a message to the forum from Palf which I'll post when I get home. :D

Once again, get well soon Richard!

XX

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:04 am 
Newcomer

Richard Hawley wrote:
we enjoyed the gig i love the venue the crowd were a bit tame but attentive and showed their appreciation at the end i have been struggling with feeling ill on this tour we have all had a stomach bug going round the bus,nothing savage but it drains you of energy,but i tried my best,we had to cut a song as the venue has a strict curfew and i didn't want to end up with a fine which is a shame i was wanting to play for a lot longer but they wouldn't let me the sage is great though so its no critisism

Ill or not you lot put on a cracking show last night in the Heed. :Hoorah Agree about the slightly sedate audience - kind of felt like an appreciation society at times which in one aspect isn't a bad thing, and I suppose being forced to sit down doesn't help, but the show was as tight as and the new songs (and old faves) sounded absolutely immense. Thanks for a night of amazing music. Faultless :BEEEER

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Oct 15, 2009 11:35 am 
The Boss

thanks for the kind words much appreciated