Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:17 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 8:13 pm 
Secretly Canadian

jean wrote:
I just paid £65...plus almost £10 booking Fee for Bon Jovi......

That's shocking. The agent ought to be struck off for selling Bon Jovi tickets.

"you ain't afraid of no alleyway when you are the thing in the dark"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:41 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Richard Hawley wrote:
i agree the decent folks are getting hammered with it in fact i doubt those freeloaders would even go to a gig to be honest so you get fucked because of what they do,i hate it all,its not just music in our whole society EVERYTHING has been devalued everyone knows the price of everything and the value of nothing

well............not everyone :wink:

Yup, those twats probably don't even really like the music they are downloading it's just cos the can, the feckers!! They will be the bastards that go to a gig (if they do!) that just get drunk and wait for the 'popular' songs :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:42 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Craig 3.0 wrote:
jean wrote:

That's shocking. The agent ought to be struck off for selling Bon Jovi tickets.

That's cracking!! :*: :*: :*: :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:45 pm 
Hawleytastic!

jean wrote:

Paid £30 to see Elvis The Concert next Feb...and he's dead.... :*: .... worth every penny :*:

Jean!!! Bon Jovi, why why why? i thought you were way 8) than that......wait a minute you are going because a friend does not want to go on their own yes :?:

& let the dreams come softly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:55 pm 
Hot piece of Sheffield ass!

I just saw part of a bon jovi documentary...well I was laying in bed and it was on out in the living room so I listened, Bon Jovi was asked if he would prefer to play smaller venue, he replied, why would I want to do that, I want to play the desert, and sell it out...is he that egotistical or just very mercenary.
I have never been to a stadium concert and I never would even if it didn't cost a load.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:55 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

I have so many CD's I have nowhere else to put 'em. I can see what you mean with the plumber analogy, but it's never going to work like that is it, I mean having a plumber fix your bog is a bit of a necessity, they could charge £300 and you'd be happy as long as you could pay a visit again :*: but gigs and the like are for pleasure so people won't be happy shelling out huge sums of money.. I will pay over 50 quid to see people I like, but it's sad that a lot of people can't afford to do that and are missing out, four gigs a year is pretty much my own max for big names just because of the cost of it. I dunno what the answer is to it all really :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:56 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I agree, Jon Bon Jovi are shitesation!!! I would rather watch X Factor :*: :*: :*: :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:57 pm 
Hawleytastic!

mylifesexample wrote:
I just saw part of a bon jovi documentary...well I was laying in bed and it was on out in the living room so I listened, Bon Jovi was asked if he would prefer to play smaller venue, he replied, why would I want to do that, I want to play the desert, and sell it out...is he that egotistical or just very mercenary.
I have never been to a stadium concert and I never would even if it didn't cost a load.

There you go, he's a cock!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:03 pm 
Hot piece of Sheffield ass!

I don't get all the stage show bollocks that goes along with a gig these days, can you just not have bono hanging from his swinging microphone and charge me a quid less, I'm here for the music not a cabaret show. The band, the equipment, a spotlight...maybe a band name poster in the back, although I have always felt they were rather superfluous, I mean if I have paid to get into a concert I am fairly sure I know who's on...plus the songs might give me a clue.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:09 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Aye, you're right!! I just want to see the band/singer, hear the songs, have a good time. Couldn't give a shit if they have fireworks, naked people, balloons, party poppers etc on stage :*: :*: :*: :*:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:19 pm 
Hawleytastic!

For me the Jovi will always mean Glasgow massage parlour ,the golden voyage of Sinbad and a coffee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:19 pm 
Flange cheese munching cockend

Mel V wrote:
Aye, you're right!! I just want to see the band/singer, hear the songs, have a good time. Couldn't give a shit if they have fireworks, naked people, balloons, party poppers etc on stage :*: :*: :*: :*:

Fuck! That's put the kibosh on my next gig at the grapes! :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:21 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

hissyt wrote:
For me the Jovi will always mean Glasgow massage parlour ,the golden voyage of Sinbad and a coffee

I think he's small but perfecty formed, mesel

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:28 pm 
Site Admin

gig prices here are a scandal. It must be the promotors rather than the artists surly ? you see gigs advertised here for xxx amount and then look at say the Paris gig, it will be max two thirds the price sometimes half. Still the record industry ripping off the public eh, its gone on so long you'd think we'd be used to it.

Things that piss me off at gigs too is basically the following and have manifested themselves at the last couple of shows I've seen...

firstly this new trend for people to dress up for gigs, what the fuck is wrong with jeans and a t-shirt/shirt. At the Felice Brothers there were some cock ends with their girlfriends all done up like last night at the bleedin proms. And there were three other bastards dressed up like it was fucking casual night down the fuckin yacht club, fuck off I can still tell you are one level up from a pikey, cunt, sort yourself out.

And another thing that fucks me off is guys who go to a gig to see a band they like, girlfriends in tow who have no interest and just yack on like its a 'how annoying can I really be competition'. And there is always the same comment " Jonathon, you know the song off that album I like, umm you know the one , whats it called, will they play that ?" They just fuckin have love if you'd shut up you might have heard it. If you are not interested stay home and wash the cat.

And finally people in general who talk through gigs and get all offended when I point out they might wish to desist from being a twat. hang on i waited three months to see this band, I payed 35 quid which I work hard to earn, you talk all the way through it, would you do the same at the cinema ? and you get all offended because I suggest it might be in your interest to shut the fuck up ?

rant over, for now.

For where you can't go
Mustang horses, champagne glasses
Anything frail anything wild
It's the price of living motion, what's beautiful is broken
And grace is just the measure of a fall.

Last edited by Eoin on Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:31 pm 
Geordie Admin Dominatrix

God you're handsome when you're angry

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 62 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next