Richard Hawley

Richard Hawley Forum
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:48 am

All times are UTC [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:01 pm 
Thanks so much everyone..your all lovely.

Francis is doing ok today, the police have been again and they know who the people are..they just need to video interview the lads before they can arrest them. If they dont fess up, its gonna mean court ..but My son happy to do court and for justice to be served.

Ive read him all your messages of support and he now thinks hes famous!!

Bless him, my boy, my lovely boy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:19 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

They are cowards.... its a frightening enough experience to anyone let alone a young lad.

Not long back Andy (little Dickie) had a broken ankle, and hobbling back from the pub was attacked from behind, knocked to the ground and kicked in the head and ribs... they made off with a few quid and zippo. It was completely senseless.We never reported it- which is a sad reflection on our faith in the justice system, but thought 'what are the police going to do?Luckily you know who did this to your son so there should be some justice.

I hope he gets over it soon.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 26, 2010 11:05 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Fucking bastards!!!! People are so fucking awful these days, there is way too much nastiness in the world and it breaks my heart :cry: at least you always know that your son is so much better than those "people". Just makes me want to hide away with Thomas and John.....................

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 27, 2010 3:49 am 
Resident YouTube tech guru

This really is too bad. There's no excuse for behaving like that. Shit people like this think they can take, & do, what they want. And they always seem to pick on the decent folk. Probably because they don't have the balls to do it to another nasty bastard. Best wishes to you both x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 28, 2010 11:24 pm 
Hawleytastic!

Josephine, I'm so sorry to hear about Francis. I hope he is feeling a little better today, poor love.

My son was beaten up just before Christmas and the remaining stitches from the surgery to repair his broken jaw have finally come out. The police came round to the house and he identified one of his attackers from their 'criminal catalogue' but so far there's been no arrest.

What can be done about today's violent society and the downward spiral of behaviour and lack of respect? Take heart that your son will grow up to be a solid citizen and you are bringing him up to rise above the scum that attacked him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:04 pm 
Hot piece of Sheffield ass!

I'll be moving on to that deserted island with you lass, sometimes I do think I'd be happier as far away from society as I could get, my kids are 9 and 10 and starting to want a bit of freedom. It's just shit that you are scared to let them out of your sight because of scumbags like this.

I just don't know what happens in a persons life to make them think its okay to steal and hurt others. I had some terrible shit happen to me as a kid, so I just don't buy the "oh they've had a rough life" defense any more. Lock 'em up for good for all I care, If you are anti social you don't belong in society.

I'm turning into a right reactionary in my old age.

I am relieved your lad is safe. best wishes to you both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 9:06 pm 
Hawleytastic!

my son went into leeds on saturday night and got threatened on four seperate occasions for absolutely no reason whatsoever. just pissed up people looking for a fight. he's the sort of lad who sticks up for others too so it worries me every time he goes out.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Mar 01, 2010 10:16 pm 
Hawleytastic!

just read this thread.. hope your lads doing okay Josephine, thers some fuckers out there and i hope they get what they deserve.
makes me worry what the worlds gonna be like when my 2 kids grow up.

www.myspace.com/roamingson
www.facebook.com/roamingsonuk
www.facebook.com/marklyall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:46 am 
Hawleytastic!

Hi Josephine, only just picked this thread up but I hope your son is on the mend and you are a little less stressed by the whole sorry event. Let us hope the perpetrators get their due punishment.

I'm not sure where society is going these days but I'm certain we are too liberal in our dealings with thugs and there appears to be little respect for anyone these days. In my younger days there were a few "mongs" about but appropriate punishments would given out by the local police or even school teachers i.e. people in authority and who were respected. Today that has all changed and we cannot give out physical punishment. We treat the mongs as "human beings" and talk to them nicely about how to behave in an acceptable fashion - whilst they treat us with contempt. Some people (let's not be distracted by the origins of why they behave like they do) only understand one code of punishment and that it is no longer an option. People are all different: some respond to fine words or a loss of freedom and others need stronger deterrants. One-size does not fit all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 10:58 am 
Hawleytastic!

I'm also a little late reading this Josephine, and echo LPD's comments above. My heart goes out to you and Francis. There's nothing worse than seeing your child hurt and frightened. Hope he's recovering well and that you still have a few bottles of wine left xxxxx

Last edited by Jan H on Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:22 am 
Gentleman of floral persuasion

Longpigsdad wrote:
I'm not sure where society is going these days but I'm certain we are too liberal in our dealings with thugs and there appears to be little respect for anyone these days. In my younger days there were a few "mongs" about but appropriate punishments would given out by the local police or even school teachers i.e. people in authority and who were respected. Today that has all changed and we cannot give out physical punishment.

I agree with you there Steve.I think the word respect is the key,now it's only a tiny minority who understand this concept.Don't let people tell you it's because were getting old because my views on violence & respect have not changed from when it was drummed into me when i was a boy.I understood that you don't steal and you don't hurt anybody(unless they deserve it,but thats another matter),and if you get lippy to somebody in authority,you got a crack.So if you didn't like getting a crack then you behaved.
I haven't got the answer(and i'll pbobably get slagged off for this),but i would love to see,at least, an experiment of bringing back corporal punishment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:47 pm 
Hawleytastic!

I quite agree - and what about those yobs that (allegedly at the moment) murdered the two people by setting fire to the mobility scooter and thereby the house) - probably because these people had the nerve to stand up to the behaviour of the louts in their area.

I don't know what would work as punishment, that restorative justice has good reports (where the offender is faced with the victims and the fallout of what they have done) but everyone is individual and sadly one size doesn't fit all.

:evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:05 pm 
And once again..in less than 2 weeks, my son has been mugged.

It happened in sharrow , a group of lads ran after my son and his mates, they caught my son as he couldnt run as fast because his back pack was full and heavy. They dragged him up a side street and gave him a kicking then took his phone off him. The phone he had was areally old crappy one, but they took it. A shop keeper scared the lads away.

Im gonna get flogged for saying this but the group of lads wernt english, neither this time or the one a week or so ago. I do wonder why it seems to be the same groups of kids that keep doing stuff like this ..I know there are good and bad in all kids but I keep hearing over and over about the same stuff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:53 pm 
Hawley Super-Groupie

Oh no - your poor boy. He must be feeling dreadful at the moment. Do you know who did it this time? :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 6:07 pm 
Hawleytastic!

i can't belive this. the poor lad. i don't know what to say. this society, i despair.